PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana wake: Water conditions after Gustav?!

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Went out on Tues. Water was pretty nasty and saw quite a few snakes. Anyone else been out since the storm?

TX.X-30 fan
09-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Went out on Tues. Water was pretty nasty and saw quite a few snakes. Anyone else been out since the storm?

No offence but is the water ever different??

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Dindnt really think about my question before the post. Should have revised it. I see your point. Our water is pretty gross on a normal day. Nah man I was going to try and make it out again this week ,but there was alot of driftwood, limbs, ect in the water on tuesday. You guys in texas have some nice spots huh?I was thiunking about making a trip to TSR. I hear its a great place to ride.

TX.X-30 fan
09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Dindnt really think about my question before the post. Should have revised it. I see your point. Our water is pretty gross on a normal day. Nah man I was going to try and make it out again this week ,but there was alot of driftwood, limbs, ect in the water on tuesday. You guys in texas have some nice spots huh?I was thiunking about making a trip to TSR. I hear its a great place to ride.

I was just messing with you La. is a gorgeous state with scenic water all over. My son did camp there at TSR, I have not tried the cable yet, cool place though.

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-13-2008, 07:28 PM
No worries. Going to try and make it soon , but if not Ill have to make it to TSR in the winter. Do they operate year round?

TX.X-30 fan
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
www.texasskiranch.com

jixxxer
09-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey where exactly did u go?

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Launched in manchac. Water was about six inches over the lower dock and tickfaw had alot of dead fish floating around (smelled pretty bad) so we rode in the Pass. Things wernt that bad ,but I hate to hit a log or something and bend a prop. Going to try again this week if the weather clears out.

BrianM
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
This week ought to be perfect for skiing. A little dry front coming through and the water ought to clean up a bit.

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey BrianM, What is the traffic like on the tchefuncte river? I have heard that it gets pretty busy on the weekends.

BrianM
09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey BrianM, What is the traffic like on the tchefuncte river? I have heard that it gets pretty busy on the weekends.
Yes it get busy. Very busy in the summer. This time of year it won't be bad. If you are driving that far go a little further and ski in the Pearl River Navigation Canal between lock #1 and lock #2. Long straight protected water with little to no traffic.

ttantill1us@yahoo.com
09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
always looking for a new place to ride. thanks for the tip.

jixxxer
09-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Dont know about you guys but down here; lafayette/eunice/alex. area there is not much going on. Not many good places to ride espcially after the hurricane. Anyone know of any places to ride in my area.

SPLIFF
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Dont know about you guys but down here; lafayette/eunice/alex. area there is not much going on. Not many good places to ride espcially after the hurricane. Anyone know of any places to ride in my area.
jixxer the best place i have ever been to wakeboard or ski is cane river/lake it is 28 miles long. it used to be part of the red river but they cut it off . it has 3 boat landings ,a marina towards the north part of the river.a ski course by shell beach landing.there is always a place where you can find glass on cane river even when busy the south part of the river is quiet.i have had a camp out there for 13 years and i have been to a lot of different lakes to ski in and out of the state this is by far the best wakeboarding/skiing/ I have been to. it is about 3.5 hours from LSU stadium but it is worth the ride .

SPLIFF
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
jixxer the best place i have ever been to wakeboard or ski is cane river/lake it is 28 miles long. it used to be part of the red river but they cut it off . it has 3 boat landings ,a marina towards the north part of the river.a ski course by shell beach landing.there is always a place where you can find glass on cane river even when busy the south part of the river is quiet.i have had a camp out there for 13 years and i have been to a lot of different lakes to ski in and out of the state this is by far the best wakeboarding/skiing/ I have been to. it is about 3.5 hours from LSU stadium but it is worth the ride .
jixxer a closer place which i live about 8 minutes from is indian creek you could make there in about 2.5 hours from BR it has great camping areas primative and rv hook ups the skiing conditions are average but less crowded than kincade or the red river.an it is right off 49 15 miles before alex. take lecompte/foresthill exit to stop sign go left towards foresthill 1st rt take it strange road go until stop sign take left about 3 miles boat lanch on rt.

jixxxer
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks splliff; I actually line In eunice or just south of it. Ive been to indian creek quiet a few times (bout and hour from my house) and the water is great; gets kinda choppy though; but prolly the cleanest placed Ive ever been. I may have to check out the cane river though; You have a link to a map of the closest landing or directions.

SPLIFF
09-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks splliff; I actually line In eunice or just south of it. Ive been to indian creek quiet a few times (bout and hour from my house) and the water is great; gets kinda choppy though; but prolly the cleanest placed Ive ever been. I may have to check out the cane river though; You have a link to a map of the closest landing or directions.
hey jixxer i forgot about one important detail you are supposed to take a cane river safety course(any louisiana boat safety will work) it is a six hr course they give on sat in natchitoches .at the natchitoches fish hatchery to be able to drive on cane river even though it is a public lake with public boat docks. i am burnt i forgot all about that, but worst case it is a $25.00 ticket. i never heard of anybody having to pay it just warned.to get there is easy from I-49 18 miles before natchitoches take flora/cypress exit it comes to a stop sign take a right you will go about 2 miles to flashing light and gas/beer store stay straight you will go about 6 miles then you will take a right on to the bridge that crosses cane river(there is plantation on left of bridge) end of 200 foot bridge you can see the new boat landing (shell beach landing)take rt towards melrose plantation you will be there 15 minutes from exit. my camp is 5 or 6 place south on shell beach. even with the drive and the safety course thing it is worth it . i am going next weekend but my boat is in shop so i will be jug fishing and froggin out of john boat. but if you are in the area let me know

jixxxer
09-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Got any coordinate on it or google map. Im looking on google map right now.