PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help!!!

FHMan1905
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Last month i found some charges on my card i didn't reconize...disputed them with my credit card holder and they removed all charges no questions asked. (which really suprised me to be honest) They were able to see that the website the charges went to didn't ask for the security code so that is why they removed all the charges. Here is my problem today i received a letter from a collection agency trying to collect all those charges that were removed from my card. What should I do?....i have tried calling the agency and no one has answered. I plan on hounding this guy until he does answer or return my voicemails. I have contacted my credit card holder again and they flagged my card in case they try to recharge me. What should I do to resolve this, I figured after the credit card holder removed them it was done, but i guess i was wrong

Thanks
Lance

bcampbe7
09-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Last month i found some charges on my card i didn't reconize...disputed them with my credit card holder and they removed all charges no questions asked. (which really suprised me to be honest) They were able to see that the website the charges went to didn't ask for the security code so that is why they removed all the charges. Here is my problem today i received a letter from a collection agency trying to collect all those charges that were removed from my card. What should I do?....i have tried calling the agency and no one has answered. I plan on hounding this guy until he does answer or return my voicemails. I have contacted my credit card holder again and they flagged my card in case they try to recharge me. What should I do to resolve this, I figured after the credit card holder removed them it was done, but i guess i was wrong

Thanks
Lance

Tell the collection agency to get lost. You are not responsible for any of the charges.

I just bought some ID Theft insurance for the whole family. Cheap way to make sure that I never have to deal with this type of stuff. I may get charges to my card but this insurance takes care of everything. Cool stuff.

Gamble
09-12-2008, 09:09 PM
when this happens, the credit card company, or bank becomes the victim and assumes the loss. it'll be a pain to get it all done, but in the end, you will not be responsible.

TMCNo1
09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I was lucky the other day, Lynn and I went to Red Lobster and I used my charge card, and accidently left my card in the book the waitress brought to the table with the receipt during all the confusion of packing up the extra leftovers she had ordered for us. Went back the next day when they opened after discovering it was missing and the waitress had turned it into the manager and it was locked up in the safe. Checked with the cc company after we got home and no additional charges had been added to it. As I was going out the door, the waitress we had the day before was coming in the door and I gave her a $5 bill for turning in the card, the least I could do!

FHMan1905
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
yeah i have talked to my aunt (retired bank/state govt auditor) and my attorneys and they both said just to hound the collection agent and i finally found a number to the "company" the charges were too and i have contacted them....my attorneys have already drafted a letter to both the collection agency and the "company" if need be. So i am not as worried becasue the whole theft issue was resolved about a month ago when i first disputed everything...by the way Bank of America is awesome...they all are american and speak english...haha It is the only place i don't dread calling to ask questions