PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard/bindings question

dooger
09-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I have the chance too purchase either a CWB Faze 141 with the Hinge tech bindings, or a Liquid Force Trip 138 with the Domain bindings. My question is which of the two bindings will be the most comfortable. Either board will work for me, i am 190 pounds, in fighting shape 180. Anyway i am wondering if the domains will be a PIA to put on? The hinge tech looks like a good idea but i also wonder if the set-up will last.

Thanks for any help.

BTW i am a newbie to wakeboarding, slalomed a bit though.

flipper
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I'd say go to a shop and try them both on if possible. Everybody is going to be different.

Lennyp04
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I dont know how good of a rider you are but deffintely try both out. CWB changed their hinge tech in 08 so the hinge was flush with the back of the boot. 3 or 4 of CWBs riders were taking that hinge to the tank and had to go get stiches. So i mean if your a super good rider then you got something to consider.

On the other hand I had a pair of CWB Faction bindings and absolutley loved them i could get in and out of them in less then a minute. Now my Slingshot bindings take almost 4 minutes maybe 5 to get in.

mccobmd
09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I have a liquid force team 142 board which is similar the the trip and recently added CWB vapor hinge bindings. I am going wake to wake but no inverts, would agree with what Lenny said, if you're going to get really aggressive make sure the hinge's are the new version. No question the hinges are easier to get in and out of.

coz
09-11-2008, 08:08 PM
You'll definetly be happy with the trip & domains :D

dooger
09-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Okie Dokie, thanks for the replies. The metal hinges kinda put me off. I like the idea, but think i will pass. The liquid Force appeals to me, reckon if it takes 4-5 minutes to get the domains on then so be it. I do have the ability to try them on... but heck trying on bindings when dry doesnt really help. (Will pro shops let a person try them on when wet?) When trying to get a good feel for bindings when purchasing a board for my daughter, i thought the effort of her putting her foot in the bindings dry was kinda silly; very hard to do to say the least, i was afraid she was going to rip the tongue.

I really appreciate the replies, Thanks again.

As for tricks, shoot just getting up on the board will be an accomplishment lol.

wakeX2wake
09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Okie Dokie, thanks for the replies. The metal hinges kinda put me off. I like the idea, but think i will pass. The liquid Force appeals to me, reckon if it takes 4-5 minutes to get the domains on then so be it. I do have the ability to try them on... but heck trying on bindings when dry doesnt really help. (Will pro shops let a person try them on when wet?) When trying to get a good feel for bindings when purchasing a board for my daughter, i thought the effort of her putting her foot in the bindings dry was kinda silly; very hard to do to say the least, i was afraid she was going to rip the tongue.

I really appreciate the replies, Thanks again.

As for tricks, shoot just getting up on the board will be an accomplishment lol.

i won't buy bindings i can't put on when dry... i actually prefer to put my ronix cells on dry... they're easier to get into and hold tighter when i put on dry... only get that first set of course but hey... if you can't get your foot in 'em dry at least w/ a sock on then they're not gonna be comfortable

ttu
09-12-2008, 10:09 AM
i have the original cwb zeus hinge tech bindings. they are the most comfy bindings i have ever owned.

my son also has the 1st torq hinge tech. he now wants the fractions since they have a little more upper support.

Fletchx7
09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I think a lot of shops will let you try them on wet. My local shop will even let you demo equipment for $25 with the hope that you will buy what you try. And this shop is a good 15 minutes from the nearest lake. I have bought 2 skis and 2 boards from them and they have always let us try before we buy. The downside to that is, "you break it, you buy it".

vision
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
I agree with wakeX2wake. If you can not get in and out of the binding dry, then find another. Our LF Transits, Watsons, and Vantage bindings all allow easy entrance or exit even dry. Definitely not the same as getting in and out of ski bindings.

I love the Vantage bindings as they are the most comfortable, incredibly easy to get on and off, and easy to adjust.