PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a backside 360!

SOCALX45
09-11-2008, 05:08 PM
ok i dont know what the freak im doing wrong. im getting frustrated. for whatever reason i keep going off axis and landing on my side after i pass the handle. can anyone give me tips on how to prevent this from happening?? here are some pics

hondaprlud
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I've always been told to look at the horizon when spinning. works for me I spin it ok, just can't get the handle pass down. Good Luck!

damaged442
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm no professional, but I always end up off axis if I start rotation too soon. If I started rotation as soon as I left the wake it would kill me and I'd end up looking like your pics...but I was an idiot and kept doing it. Some wise people here told me to be more patient, which for me was the most difficult part. I had to make sure I got good pop first, wait, then spin. So far, so good. I'm sure others will have some better pointers shortly. Don't let it frustrate you. You could be working instead!! :D:headbang:

dummy
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm not great on a wakeboard, but I did gymnastics for years until I got too tall to be competitive. Remember your body follows your head. Wanna keep your body level, keep your eyes level. That's all the help I can offer.

SOCALX45
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM
THX ill try delaying my spin.hopefully that will help me...and ur right at least im not working haha will try tommorrow morning and post some pics to see if there is any improvement!

vision
09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I know this is likely a stupid point as you probably already went through these steps. But, make sure you can do surface BS 360s 1 wake BS 360s without out even thinking about them. This helps groove in your head and body position. Lastly, do not spin on the way up. Try initiating your spin n the way down.

coz
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
ok i dont know what the freak im doing wrong. im getting frustrated. for whatever reason i keep going off axis and landing on my side after i pass the handle. can anyone give me tips on how to prevent this from happening?? here are some pics

Someone said it, keep your head up and eyes on where you want to go :D

Where's that at Perris?

SOCALX45
09-12-2008, 01:21 AM
yup at good ol perris...i live like 5 minutes away...its not the cleanest but it works!

wakeX2wake
09-12-2008, 10:16 AM
one thing you might want to make sure of is that you're coming off the wake the same as on a regular HS jump... that edge is critical as i'm sure you know... it looks like you're leaning away from the boat correctly in a couple of those... keep after it... had a good friend who was having major issue w/ consistency on his OABS3 and it was simply b/c he was taking it to the flats... i watched him throw three and land one and i just told him to go smaller and he looked at me like ***? but it worked... he was able to get them down better and more consistent and now he's huckin' 'em out in the flats... its the steeze

SOCALX45
09-12-2008, 07:51 PM
one thing you might want to make sure of is that you're coming off the wake the same as on a regular HS jump... that edge is critical as i'm sure you know... it looks like you're leaning away from the boat correctly in a couple of those... keep after it... had a good friend who was having major issue w/ consistency on his OABS3 and it was simply b/c he was taking it to the flats... i watched him throw three and land one and i just told him to go smaller and he looked at me like ***? but it worked... he was able to get them down better and more consistent and now he's huckin' 'em out in the flats... its the steeze

thx i will try that...i went out this morning and i kind of forgot about the 360 and tried my first tantrum... my firend just told me to try it so i said what the hell!...i landed dgood but my board slides out...not bad for my first attempt...i had my firends camera so hopefully he will send me some pics shortly!

dummy
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
yup at good ol perris...i live like 5 minutes away...its not the cleanest but it works!

Sorry to hijack. When you say dirty, whatchootalkingbout? Since San Vincente closed I'm gonna be needing someplace a little closer than Havasu for short hops. Castaic is almost as long a drive as going to Havasu, so that's out. I hear Lake Elsinore is muddy, but I've never been on it. I'm sure it's better than nothing, thought. How's Perris?

SOCALX45
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Sorry to hijack. When you say dirty, whatchootalkingbout? Since San Vincente closed I'm gonna be needing someplace a little closer than Havasu for short hops. Castaic is almost as long a drive as going to Havasu, so that's out. I hear Lake Elsinore is muddy, but I've never been on it. I'm sure it's better than nothing, thought. How's Perris?

Its good....they use to call it the toilet bowl but now that summer is over its cleaning up...the beach is where its nasty but out in the deep its no problem...i was out there this morning at 6 am...it was nice it was really foggy .water temp about 78 outside temp 60..the only problem is i think the dumbest sea-dooers go there...i think they post up a sign low IQ?? come in!!!!

tex
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Wait and keep your head up!

swatguy
09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I am currently dialing this trick myself. Was going off axis as well at the beginnning. My problem was trying to spin so fast and get the spin wound up so to speak before coming off the wake. Had some help and was told to wait and be patient you have plenty of time. Again just judging from the pics you look like you are starting your spin before you get all the pop first. Wait6 til you feel that kick at the top of the wake.

What was stressed to me was pop, pull, then pass. Seems to be working. The key is the pull. From a couple of the pics it looks like you are reaching too much for the handle causing your shoulders to get you off axis. Keep that handle in tight. The handle pass is more like a flip than a swing around if that makes sense.

1boarder
09-14-2008, 12:05 PM
pull with both hands after the pop. this will take away some of the line tension and make it easier to pass. if you have line tension and the handle gets too high, it may pull you over just from the leverage.