PDA

View Full Version : Ike

TX.X-30 fan
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Where are the guy's in Ike's line of fire?? I know there is Corpus and South Texas on here sorry for the brain lapse. They are saying right over the top of us Saturday (Austin) as a tropical storm. We need rain the lake is 21' low but I would prefer just rain. :rolleyes:

On a side note let me jack my own thread since I do everyone else's :D Where are all the Austin area TTers? We see tons of all types of MC on the lake every time we go out. Only one I can remember is turbosdad and someone was moving here I recall.

Silver lining in every hurricane though, we were expecting my in-laws this weekend. 8p

No hotels in Austin or surrounding areas as of yesterday, anyone needing to get a boat inland I got a driveway.

PS.205
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Here in texas city we are not in the direct line of fire but still preparing for the worst. Everyone be safe.

BrianM
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Keep your heads down and your feet up!

TexasMC230
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I am on Travis, right now living in lakeway but builing in Briar Cliff. Keep my boat at Siesta Shores Marina. I have a 2007 orange and black maristar 230 with tower. I usually stay over near the pedernales. I am out of town right now do you think I should worry about my bimni?

ProTour X9
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
My aunt is in Houston.

TX.X-30 fan
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I am on Travis, right now living in lakeway but builing in Briar Cliff. Keep my boat at Siesta Shores Marina. I have a 2007 orange and black maristar 230 with tower. I usually stay over near the pedernales. I am out of town right now do you think I should worry about my bimni?

Not familiar with Siesta shores I would guess over near you in lakeway? I am across the river from you in Lago, sure I have seen your boat. We are in 04 X30 all black.

We are still what 2 1/2 days out so who knows really. I guess the bimini is up and the cover is not on? If you need help PM me when it gets closer, hell I could use a burger from Sandy's

Monte
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Ya'll be safe down there....

ntidsl
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm heading to Turk and Caicos to start rebuild of on of our resorts...i pray for you if it hit like it did there!!!

Ric
09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Htown media in a frenzy today. I think I am stayin. Got some property to board up ya know?

bigmac
09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
I feel for you guys down there, and I hope your families and homes will be safe.

I've been watching Ike's storm track carefully. It looks like it's going to miss us.

TX.X-30 fan
09-11-2008, 08:11 AM
I feel for you guys down there, and I hope your families and homes will be safe.

I've been watching Ike's storm track carefully. It looks like it's going to miss us.

Thanks for the kind words and hahahahahahhahaha very funny. :D

Maristar210
09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Suddenly the thought of a changing season and the approaching of winter does not seem so bad.

Having said that I hope Ric's rental properties take a hell of a beating and Stewart?

Tell the Mrs. I'll be hoping she is safe. ;)

Ric
09-11-2008, 08:20 AM
I hope the republicans come back and visit you

Ric
09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Suddenly the thought of a changing season and the approaching of winter does not seem so bad.

Having said that I hope Ric's rental properties take a hell of a beating and Stewart?

Tell the Mrs. I'll be hoping she is safe. ;) hey steve, hurry up and send that deposit and I will hold this house for you. Ya know, when the work runs out there

bigmac
09-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I hope the republicans come back and visit youIt wasn't the repubulicans as much as the media people and protesters that were annoying, but vigilance and vigorous law enforcement kept the closest of them more than an hour away from here. We were able to hold them at the Rum River.

TX.X-30 fan
09-11-2008, 08:47 AM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7385173&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

You still have two of our boys up there. They may rather stay put if they were involved in this. :mad:

bigmac
09-11-2008, 09:01 AM
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7385173&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

You still have two of our boys up there. They may rather stay put if they were involved in this. :mad:

You can have 'em back when we're done with them. If they DID firebomb the governor's mansion, I'm sure they'll get a stern talking-to.

atlfootr
09-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Another NO PICS thread ... com'on

bigmac
09-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Another NO PICS thread ... com'on

east tx skier
09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Htown media in a frenzy today. I think I am stayin. Got some property to board up ya know?

Ric, if you need to get out of town, we're having a tropical storm party at the house all weekend. Come watch the UT/Arkansas game with us.

Ton of family members in Houston personally. Like arguing with a wall trying to convince them to come for a visit this weekend unfortunately.

Ric
09-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Ric, if you need to get out of town, we're having a tropical storm party at the house all weekend. Come watch the UT/Arkansas game with us.

Ton of family members in Houston personally. Like arguing with a wall trying to convince them to come for a visit this weekend unfortunately.

thanks, nice try but you already said that the kegs ran dry

Tom023
09-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I was fixing some roof flashing last night as my house is right under the current predicted path. Noticed I really need a new roof but it damn near costs as much as a decent used MC. I sure could use IKE to take a few shingles off to help with an insurance claim.

Maristar210
09-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I was fixing some roof flashing last night as my house is right under the current predicted path. Noticed I really need a new roof but it damn near costs as much as a decent used MC. I sure could use IKE to take a few shingles off to help with an insurance claim.

Insurance guys love to hear this stuff right Bert?

east tx skier
09-11-2008, 10:30 AM
thanks, nice try but you already said that the kegs ran dry

Picked up a case for the weekend. Brewing tomorrow night. Will have 10 gallons on tap by next week.

Willski
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
This guy has some beer...if you can get it away from his ol lady.

Ric
09-11-2008, 02:03 PM
This guy has some beer...if you can get it away from his ol lady.
man that is probably good n cold too

Willski
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
man that is probably good n cold too

The beer or the ol lady?

Ric
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Insurance guys love to hear this stuff right Bert?
Ya I was thinkin tom might wanna erase that but you already quoted him

East, seriously, thanks for the invite. I plan on staying but if things get weird I will give you a call and you can bet I won't show up without beer in hand. "HAYYYYYY Mrs Eastie, we haven't met but I got some white shoooos for Doug..... GIFT."

RexDog1
09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
You guys be safe………………………..

jon

Ric
09-11-2008, 02:33 PM
looks like the latest models average more toward Houston each time.

RexDog1
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM

Ric.... sounds like you need your boat back :rolleyes:

M-Funf
09-11-2008, 02:37 PM

Yup. My sister thought it was going to move southwest, but now it's going up toward them again. They're boarding up the restaurant tomorrow and headed north for the weekend...

Hang tight, people!

east tx skier
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
From what I've seen, they're pretty much telling people who aren't in danger of storm surge or have special needs to stay put. My mom stocked up before Gustav and has been taping up the glass and getting the patio furtniture etc. under cover, filling up the coolers with water and/or ice, but will be staying put. This thing is taking a weird track, so even if you head north, you've got to be practically to Oklahoma before you get completely out of the high gusts.

ttu
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
From what I've seen, they're pretty much telling people who aren't in danger of storm surge or have special needs to stay put. My mom stocked up before Gustav and has been taping up the glass and getting the patio furtniture etc. under cover, filling up the coolers with water and/or ice, but will be staying put. This thing is taking a weird track, so even if you head north, you've got to be practically to Oklahoma before you get completely out of the high gusts.

doug, i talked with my dad in ardmore, ok a bit ago and he said all the hotels are booked.:(

TX.X-30 fan
09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Looks like your going to get wet East, and now we may not get a drop. I realy think its down to a science now. :rolleyes: Hell the way its going watch out BrianM. :D

TX.X-30 fan
09-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Yup. My sister thought it was going to move southwest, but now it's going up toward them again. They're boarding up the restaurant tomorrow and headed north for the weekend...

Hang tight, people!

Where is Sis??

Ric
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
they have a history of storm tracks on this date of this size from back a hundred years on khou.com and lots of them took a hard right once they got way up in the gulf. something about this time of year and cold fronts coming down pushing these storms back across the gulf into florida or alabama and never touching Texas soil... weird..

Ric
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Where is Sis??
TX .... always an opportunist :rolleyes:

Maristar210
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM
You guys stay safe down there. This one's gonna hurt a bunch.

I see gas has already jumped in price by 20 cents overnight.

justinglow
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
They are saying that us in Dallas could get around 6" of rain tomorrow. Then by midnight tomorrow it's gone. It's going to be a fast one, but a destructive one also.

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Any rain yet Ric?? I think galveston is in deep doo, they show the water crashing the sea wall and the storm in 12 hrs. away.

flipper
09-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Not familiar with Siesta shores I would guess over near you in lakeway? I am across the river from you in Lago, sure I have seen your boat. We are in 04 X30 all black.

We are still what 2 1/2 days out so who knows really. I guess the bimini is up and the cover is not on? If you need help PM me when it gets closer, hell I could use a burger from Sandy's

By the looks, maybe you should just get a salad.:D

BrianM
09-12-2008, 02:13 PM
My mom stocked up before Gustav and has been taping up the glass.

Tell your Mom not to bother with the taping windows. Completely ineffective and a wast of time and effort. All you are doing taping the windows is making a sticky mess to clean up when it passes.

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
By the looks, maybe you should just get a salad.:D

I hesitate to post for fear this thread will be locked. Good one flipper, how is the ED coming along??

flipper
09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I hesitate to post for fear this thread will be locked. Good one flipper, how is the ED coming along??

I just spit soda on my computer :uglyhamme

Maristar210
09-12-2008, 02:21 PM
ED is coming along?

I didn't invite that f-er :D

ttu
09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
you guys down there stay safe.

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
ED is coming along?

I didn't invite that f-er :D

210 its nothing to be ashamed about it happens, I mean well that's what I've heard. :D

3event
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, looking pretty rough at 225PM CST in Galveston.

Stay safe y'all !

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Look at all the sand in that surf.

dummy
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Just thinking how funny it would be if there was a "Tina, TX" on the gulf. Headlines would be sweet.

Used to have a house on Terramar Beach when I was a kid. Hurrican Allen didn't do us any harm in '80, but this one looks pretty bad. Wishin' the best for y'all.

Sodar
09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Stay safe, guys!

I would take an earth quake over a hurricane any day!

RexDog1
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Stay safe, guys!

X2 ......................................

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Just thinking how funny it would be if there was a "Tina, TX" on the gulf. Headlines would be sweet.

Used to have a house on Terramar Beach when I was a kid. Hurrican Allen didn't do us any harm in '80, but this one looks pretty bad. Wishin' the best for y'all.

Ike barrels down on Tina, wait thats why they got divorced. :rolleyes:

puck_11
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Be safe Texas!! This is why I now live in WA haha...

Tom023
09-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Like this one when hurricane Bonnie hit Clinton, NC...while Bill was still in the White House trying to forget Monica.

bigmac
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Stay safe, guys!

I would take an earth quake over a hurricane any day!How about earthquake vs hurricane, vs two days of -30 degree temps?

dummy
09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
How about earthquake vs hurricane, vs two days of -30 degree temps?

I'd take any of 'em over wildfire. I'm getting tired of packing up down here every couple Octobers. That said, earthquake during a hurricane. Cold sucks. :D

CBergerson
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Stay safe, guys!

I thought that I was going nuts when I imagined my picture flashing by on the screen. I am honored, but will have to decline. As Eastie said, "I am unelectable". Sorry to disappoint.

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 04:51 PM
With the impending threat of now Tropical Storm
Ike, the Governor of Louisiana has issued a mandatory
evacuation of New Orleans and the surrounding areas.

In response to this order the Governor of Texas has ordered the
demolition of all bridges between the two states. Texas
figured it would be cheaper to rebuild the bridges. :D

CBergerson
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Stay safe, guys!

Cameron,

I tried to PM you, but it was full. That was a good one, using my picture like that!! :D
I deserve it because I did the same thing to a guy on a political discussion group a few years ago, when we were arguing back and forth (imagine that).

I used his picture that I had found by accident in a football group as my avatar. I thought it was hilarious, but he hit the roof and reported my hijinks to the moderator, who didn't think it was as funny as I did. I think that I earned a timeout or something for a few days.

take care,

Chad

flipper
09-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Imagine that.......

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Stay safe, guys!

If I had a nickle for all the Hemmingway wannabes who are turning this into a party in Houston. Too many Jimmy Buffett books under their collective belts.

Track has it coming over my backyard as a TS at the moment.

/Nut Bush City Limits

Ric
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Tell your Mom not to bother with the taping windows. Completely ineffective and a wast of time and effort. All you are doing taping the windows is making a sticky mess to clean up when it passes.
tom tynan says unless you tape the entire window, you re no safer than if you'd have left it bare. FWIW I never tape, I hate cleaning up the mess. I used plywood and those plywood clips are the coolest invention since perfect pass

Tom023
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I taped my roof.

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 08:35 PM
If I had a nickle for all the Hemmingway wannabes who are turning this into a party in Houston. Too many Jimmy Buffett books under their collective belts.

Track has it coming over my backyard as a TS at the moment.

/Nut Bush City Limits

Make that a Cat 1.

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Make that a Cat 1.

You are the second now, I believe UMP was the first to quote himself. :D

I assume we have beer now??? Be safe.

dapicatti
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Be safe everyone....

TX.X-30 fan
09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Is it getting windy there yet, you would be on the dirty windy nasty side huh?

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 10:46 PM
You are the second now, I believe UMP was the first to quote himself. :D

I assume we have beer now??? Be safe.

Had a case on Thursday. Down to 18 now. Drinking some Sam Adams Black Lager at this instant. Yum.

Enjoy the clean side.

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Is it getting windy there yet, you would be on the dirty windy nasty side huh?

No. Probably won't feel any outer bands until morning is my guess. Called my mom at 8 pm and no wind at her house in West Houston either.

Aaronhebert88
09-12-2008, 10:53 PM
we're here on the Port Arthur side.. still have electricity.. its not looking too good for us.. 14-20 ft surge.. Sabine Pass and highway 87 are already 4 ft under water.

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Hang in there. For your sake, I'm glad it didn't, but I had a hunch this storm would do what Rita and Alicia did and brake east at the last minute. What's your elevation?

Aaronhebert88
09-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Hang in there. For your sake, I'm glad it didn't, but I had a hunch this storm would do what Rita and Alicia did and brake east at the last minute. What's your elevation?

we actually evacuated to the Beaumont area where the elevation is 32 ft rather then below zero where we live in port acres. we knew the wind would not be the issue just the rising water. it was hard leaving the MC locked up in the shop :( put the plug in, turned the auto bilge on, unhooked the boat buddy, and hoping for the best

east tx skier
09-12-2008, 11:37 PM
You might be surprised. BrianM's 88 survived Katrina without a scratch. Good move going to Beaumont. Is anyone there? A ton of people from Beaumont came to Tyler.

At 10 pm, they had an update (Houston channels on the dish). As it makes landfall, the satellite image shows it pulling a bunch of dry air into the eye and it looks like it might fall apart pretty quick. Just an outside chance and it could just as easily reorganize like it did this afternoon. Currently 52 mph in Galveston. 8' tides in Galveston pre surge last I heard.

Aaronhebert88
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
we were in the city around 5 and there was actually some people around. it's not really raining hard yet, winds in the 40mph range with gusts up to 60. although we are 2 or more hours from landfall. they plan on shutting down power at 12. once it dies down tomorrow we're going to try and get back to port arthur to access the damages, before the troopers keep us out. yall be careful. ill keep an update, and some pictures. i love my verizon wireless..

east tx skier
09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Any Houston peeps with a laptop and a dial up, let us know how you are. I'm looking at you, Ric. My mom and stepdad are okay. But have four trees down. Because of some ceiling plaster on the counter top, I'm wondering if there's a 5th tree on the roof. Hope not. My sister and her little girl have lots of debris, but are good as well. No power in 77024, but heard 77042 got power back this morning.

Let's hear from you guys when you are communicado again!

/Hunker

TX.X-30 fan
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Inlaws in Sugar Land have power back as of this morning, so it looks like that side of town is in pretty good shape. That's all I gots.

east tx skier
09-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear it. My mom officially has 5 trees down, maybe six. Already has an appointment with the tree removal guy. Two are in the pool.

east tx skier
09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Also, Brennen's restaurant on Smith downtown is no more. Burned last night. Two critically injured including a 4 year old girl. Some very brave person went back in to rescue her. Hope they are alright.

As Brennan's goes, I proposed to my wife in the courtyard their just over seven years ago. It is our favorite restaurant in Houston.

steve578
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
In west Houston. We have a few limbs down and the leaves are everywhere. Lost power at 3:30 am. It has tried to come back on several times, but has not stayed on more than five minutes. Gotta love generator power. I can still watch football!

TX.X-30 fan
09-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Also, Brennen's restaurant on Smith downtown is no more. Burned last night. Two critically injured including a 4 year old girl. Some very brave person went back in to rescue her. Hope they are alright.

As Brennan's goes, I proposed to my wife in the courtyard their just over seven years ago. It is our favorite restaurant in Houston.

We loved that place, very sad. Were they open last night?? That sounds wild I assumed everything was closed.

east tx skier
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
We loved that place, very sad. Were they open last night?? That sounds wild I assumed everything was closed.

I don't think so. Heard a transformer blew and started the fire. Really sad. I'll miss the turtle soup.

east tx skier
09-13-2008, 04:01 PM
We'll be in the eye in 30 minutes. Winds at about 45 mph at the moment. Ton of rain.

coz
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080914/capt.3d83cf36ee5a4f09964ff92dfb7d2e1a.aptopix__ike _texas_txdp118.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=xOUDbOZL1PhaAliMXxVHig--
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080914/i/r3330136017.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=1QW_Sk.TNoGVL3GDryx02w--
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080914/capt.defd9fd6002a4575b5562b232c56b911.ike_texas_tx dp128.jpg?x=400&y=285&q=85&sig=.0siY1oCu42v13JQq00hZQ--
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080914/capt.9d32e94f45104c7c964a4ff3794ef786.ike_texas_tx dp119.jpg?x=207&y=345&q=85&sig=C8BUhYF16nT_nyddOCNbbQ--

Powerful stuff

Aaronhebert88
09-14-2008, 05:58 PM
hope everyone who encountered the storm is doing good.. it looks pretty bad here around port arthur.. verizon finally started working so i got my Internet back.. ill post a link to the pictures i took later on within the evening.. this is the first time in my life i have ever saw the military lifting people off of roof tops.. our family made it through ok, no water damage, few limbs fell, and the mc took it like a champ, and yes it stays in a shop at all times..

Bruce
09-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Wife was scheduled for treatment at M.D.Anderson on Fri. We bailed thurs. knowing they would cancel(they did). Took ten hours on back roads from Kingwood back to home (350) Texas contra flow was a cluster. Made everyone go north. I needed to go east. Had to show my Fire dept. I.D. to every small town deputy along the way to work my way east. M.D. Anderson just rescheduled appt. for Wed which means we will have to leave Tues. Concerned about returning traffic along route from areas hard hit I. S.E. La., Orange, Beaumont, then Houston. Also concerned about gas.
First treatment did not work. Hoping this one will do some good.
HE got us to it HE will get us through it.
Prayers appreciated.

east tx skier
09-14-2008, 10:45 PM
My brother said the traffic is streaming down 290 out of Houston. People basically have realized that they aren't going to get the power back on very soon and are bailing. My mom had a total of 6 trees down in the yard, but none on the house. We just had debris, which we spent today cleaning up.

Glad you guys weathered it okay. Bruce, hope you guys can get into MD Anderson this week.

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone heard from Ric, no posts since before the storm anywhere?

Maristar210
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone heard from Ric, no posts since before the storm anywhere?

nope .

i e-mailed him in hopes his crackberry is working but nothing so far

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Houston does not sound like fun right now, no food, gas or power.

Maristar210
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM

lakes are empty though? lets ski:D

east tx skier
09-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I've called his cell twice and just called his office. Got the vmail on the cell and the phone just rang at the office. Tried to find his new home number, but no luck. I think the address I have for him is the new one since the move, but haven't found the number online yet.

Doubt he's skiing as he made the mistake of selling the boat the other week.

Maristar210
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I've called his cell twice and just called his office. Got the vmail on the cell and the phone just rang at the office. Tried to find his new home number, but no luck. I think the address I have for him is the new one since the move, but haven't found the number online yet.

It was a joke Doug. I know he sold his boat. Just trying to shed a little humor into a bad situation.....:o

east tx skier
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
It was a joke Doug. I know he sold his boat. Just trying to shed a little humor into a bad situation.....:o

Oh, I know man. I wasn't offended in the least. I've been bustin' on Ric for selling his boat all year.

I'm ringing his home number (love that internet) right now and nothing. :confused:

east tx skier
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM

They got a cold front today, so at least the weather is good. Rice Epicurean Market grocery stores are open today, so people can stock up. My mom is BBQing all the stuff in the freezer.

Roonie's
09-15-2008, 12:17 PM
The devastation really looks bad. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in need right now in these affected areas.

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 12:39 PM
They got a cold front today, so at least the weather is good. Rice Epicurean Market grocery stores are open today, so people can stock up. My mom is BBQing all the stuff in the freezer.

Very blustery here as well. I remember the last one in Houston we did the same as your mom. Ric may have bailed I would guess where he is might be without power for a while. Sounds like everything south of loop 610 is powerless from a few call and texts I have gotten. He would have been on the bad side of the eye wall I believe. All in all his boat sale may have been well timed. Thanks EastTx Skier let us know if you get a line.

east tx skier
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, in Pasadena, he would've had a direct hit. Seems like a lot of people stayed for this one. After the clusterfark of an evacuation during Rita, it's going to take my going down there and dragging her out to ever get my mom to evacuate again. I'll keep ringing his home phone today. His phone service ought to be working (I'm not getting a "not in service message). My hope is that he either left town or is out cleaning up with everyone else.

ski_king
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Ike got me last night up here in PA.

I lost about 4 trees or large parts of trees. One large oak took out my shed.
The family, house, boat and cars came thru fine though.

As wicked as this was up here, I can't even imagine what it would be like down in TX.

east tx skier
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Holy Cow, Denny! Sorry to hear it. While there were trees down around here, it was kind of hit and miss. Sorry for the damage you saw.

RexDog1
09-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Ric PM me Friday and he said he had ice for the beer and candles, he had boarded up the windows and was going to ride it out??? :o
Thanks for keeping us in the loop

kycat2007
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Louisville Kentucky even saw major damage yesterday from this storm. Winds in excess of 85 mph at times has knocked power out of over 200,000 residents. Many trees down etc. I could not imagine what it was like for Katrina, Ike, etc. God bless any who have had to live through it.

92 190 PS
09-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Nasty here in SW Ohio as well. 500,000 without power this AM (24 hours later) and still 250,000 now (will be up to a week for some). State of emergency and all. Power company had sent resources to TX to help before having to recall them because of all the issues here. Fortunately we're one of the lucky ones and got power back tonight.
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/02/23/20/slideshow_720232_ddn091608windstormlp62.JPG

bigmac
09-15-2008, 09:39 PM
My buddy leaves for Houston in the morning - three day meeting. He tells me his hotel is up and running, the hospital is open, and his flight is a go.

MarkP
09-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Ike got me last night up here in PA.

I lost about 4 trees or large parts of trees. One large oak took out my shed.
The family, house, boat and cars came thru fine though.

As wicked as this was up here, I can't even imagine what it would be like down in TX.
Hey Denny
If you need a hand movin some trees let me know.. I have a good Sthil and know how to use it

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Just got a text message from Ric. They are all okay. It's a text message, so that's all I got. Good news though!

M-Funf
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Just got a text message from Ric. They are all okay. It's a text message, so that's all I got. Good news though!

That is good news...

Damn I hate this stuff...scary.

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 12:35 AM
He said he had a little roof damage and other house issues, but nothing they can't deal with. Considering his proximity to Galveston Bay where this thing made landfall, sounds like they did good.

M-Funf
09-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Where is Sis??

Sorry, missed your post. My sister is just a bit north of Lake Charles. The storm went well west of them this time, so they are safe. Hunkered down in an old bus bunker they installed, but it really wasn't necessary. They had lots of wind, and LOTS of rain, but no "real" damage.

RexDog1
09-16-2008, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the update!!:D Did he say if his garage was ok???? :rolleyes:

Monte
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM

Great news Eastie:cool: Ric we're thinking about you. Doug let him know if there is anything he needs don't hesitate to ask..

flipper
09-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the update ets.

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Great news Eastie:cool: Ric we're thinking about you. Doug let him know if there is anything he needs don't hesitate to ask..

I think he would like electricity, but other than that, he didn't say.

Monte
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I think he would like electricity, but other than that, he didn't say.

Can't send that:( But I can send a case or two of bottled water or some non perishables

TMCNo1
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Good to hear Ric and wife is OK! Keep us informed if he sends smoke signals again!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_17_5.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZCYYYYYYYYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZCYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7920)

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Can't send that:( But I can send a case or two of bottled water or some non perishables

Just shot him a text message. If I hear anything else, I'll let you all know.

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Follow up. They stocked up and are good to go for a while. Sounds like they have a generator and had 20 gallons of gas for it. They are conserving now obviously. He said his dumb neighbor was out mowing her yard with a gas mower.

Monte
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
. He said his dumb neighbor was out mowing her yard with a gas mower.

What an idiot:noface: Does Ric live under a POA? He may need to get to cutting:rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
09-16-2008, 01:13 PM

A case or two of what :confused::rant::rant:

Monte
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
A case or two of what :confused::rant::rant:

You know healthy stuff;)

Bruce
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
My buddy leaves for Houston in the morning - three day meeting. He tells me his hotel is up and running, the hospital is open, and his flight is a go.

I am sure the Hosp. is up. I am surprised that the hotel is. M.D. Anderson opened clinic today. Problem is I can't get there and then get gas to get out. Also they say there are no hotel rooms. She was supposed to start on a compassionate drug Fri. but we had to evacuate. Came home to no power and 4 ft of water around my house. My friends in Houston say it is still a mess, no gas no elec., shortage of food and water.
We are trying to get her treatment in Montgomery Ala. which is on the sponsor list and then transfer back to M.D. Anderson.

bigmac
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I am sure the Hosp. is up. I am surprised that the hotel is. M.D. Anderson opened clinic today. Problem is I can't get there and then get gas to get out. Also they say there are no hotel rooms. She was supposed to start on a compassionate drug Fri. but we had to evacuate. Came home to no power and 4 ft of water around my house. My friends in Houston say it is still a mess, no gas no elec., shortage of food and water.
We are trying to get her treatment in Montgomery Ala. which is on the sponsor list and then transfer back to M.D. Anderson.
I hope that works out for you and your wife soon, Bruce.

My buddy is staying at the Sheraton Galleria - was told yesterday "no problem"...plenty of room. They even have electricity.

Bruce
09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
I hope that works out for you and your wife soon, Bruce.

My buddy is staying at the Sheraton Galleria - was told yesterday "no problem"...plenty of room. They even have electricity.

Thanks Mac,
good to know. We usually stay at the Rotary House which connects to the Hosp. About $150 a night but it connects to Hosp. and it is easy to get wheelchairs around. They are overbooked for next two weeks. Gasoline remains big issue. Particularly since I have to come through the hard hit areas i. SE La coast, Orange, Beaumont etc.
The new treatment is Ipilimumab. Are you familiar with it? I am sure as a surgeon that is not something you would have cause to be dealing with.
Thanks for the good wishes.

bigmac
09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks Mac,
good to know. We usually stay at the Rotary House which connects to the Hosp. About $150 a night but it connects to Hosp. and it is easy to get wheelchairs around. They are overbooked for next two weeks. Gasoline remains big issue. Particularly since I have to come through the hard hit areas i. SE La coast, Orange, Beaumont etc.
The new treatment is Ipilimumab. Are you familiar with it? I am sure as a surgeon that is not something you would have cause to be dealing with.

No. My paradigm for cancer treatment stops at cold steel. Beyond that, I'm out of my depth. MD Anderson is top-notch though.

flipper
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Some sad sights.....

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

TX.X-30 fan
09-16-2008, 04:09 PM
I lived there for 20+ years I recognize most all the pictures from around there. That is amazing the water looks like the culprit not the wind. Thanks flipper.

east tx skier
09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks Mac,

Bruce, check out this link. Reliability of the information is what it is, but it seems to be updated quite regularly.

http://www.chron.com/databases/ikegas.html

Bruce
09-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Great help Doug .Many thanks

ski_king
09-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey Denny
If you need a hand movin some trees let me know.. I have a good Sthil and know how to use it

Thanks for the offer Mark!
I started cutting the tree on Monday AM, but quickly realized this tree was way over my head.
The insurance adjusted visited yesterday and said they will pay to have the tree removed from the shed as well as removal and replacement of the shed if I want to go that far.

We got our electricity back on yesterday.

vtbuehler
09-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Here in Santa Fe Tx the eye past right over Lago Santa Fe, our jump was ripped up and sunk.
Most of the boat lifts faired ok, with only minor damage, only one had the roof ripped off. Most of the houses got roof damage, but no major damage. Some people are back skiing. Only one boat was flooded and that was in the lift that lost its roof. People in the surround houses really
got hit bad from all the trees, since we really don't have that many trees we were spared. People stayed and watch the whole storm, we left friday afternoon and hoped for the best, witch
seem to have happen.

Ric
09-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the concerns all. Today is our first day with Power at the office, and it is crazy here! We can fix the damages.
Power outtage for a week is a real pain for sure! I will see if I can find the pics we took the morning after the storm but they probably aren't as vivid as some of the photos and video everyone has already seen.

I am confident everyone outside this area received far more news about it than we did, being without power.

what did I miss? How many threads were deleted? I hear the stock market crashed?

RexDog1
09-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the concerns all. Today is our first day with Power at the office, and it is crazy here! We can fix the damages.
Power outtage for a week is a real pain for sure! I will see if I can find the pics we took the morning after the storm but they probably aren't as vivid as some of the photos and video everyone has already seen.

I am confident everyone outside this area received far more news about it that we did being without power.

what did I miss? How many threads were deleted? I hear the stock market crashed?

Hay happy you are ok?? well...... for you????.. your PM box was full:rolleyes: get to work and clean it out...................:rolleyes::D

TMCNo1
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Good to hear your OK!
Here, everything is normal, threads crashed and the stock market was deleterd from what I heard!
No more political threads, children were being offended, the swimsit thread turned into the Elmo thread, Sodar escaped from the prison camp, JohnE turned 40 in another state, there's a 100% chance of weather, Kyle Busch is bouncing around on the bottom of the Nextel Cup lake, Chad has been kidnapped by the other 4 telephone company dorks, the leg humpers are chasing Footergirl and UMP won the election for Vice Supervisor!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_61.gif

Ric
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
east, how is your mom enjoying untaping the windows? :mad:

Ric
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM

We probably knew some of the same girls dummy, my folks had a place in bay harbor back then too. Allen didn't get us then but alicia damn sure did in '83:rolleyes:

east tx skier
09-22-2008, 08:21 PM
east, how is your mom enjoying untaping the windows? :mad:

I don't think she taped them all that well. Probably untaped in a matter of an hour. As of yesterday, still no power. :mad:

TX.X-30 fan
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Glad all is well Ric and you have power. Those crews from all over have had one he!! of a job working 14/16 hr days non stop away from their families getting power restored. Hard to believe there are enough poles or transformers or fuses or breakers to go around. I saw a picture of Sam Houston race parks giant lot and it was full of linemen and trucks from all over. Seems Houston will up and back to normal soon thanks to all the hard work of many.

Ric
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Glad all is well Ric and you have power. Those crews from all over have had one he!! of a job working 14/16 hr days non stop away from their families getting power restored. Hard to believe there are enough poles or transformers or fuses or breakers to go around. I saw a picture of Sam Houston race parks giant lot and it was full of linemen and trucks from all over. Seems Houston will up and back to normal soon thanks to all the hard work of many.
It takes alotta coffee to assemble as many union guys as they had in sam houston raceparks parking lot:D Those guys have done great. I offered some of them some cold beer sunday which may have poured salt on the wound but I was at least sincere in the offer!

I now hear stories of businesses with large transformers which are not available which may keep them down for weeks or more. Places with a hundred employees... We need to get back to work asap to keep everyone focused rather than keeping everyone lost, ya know?