PDA

View Full Version : Airguide Speedos for '85 Stars & Stripes

cdewet
04-30-2005, 11:07 PM
Does anyone know where I can find one or two airguide speedos for my '85 MC? One of mine is dead. Not too sure whether it is broken or just not picking up the feed (blocked line). Will swap out the line on the 2 speedos next time I'm out to see if it is the line or the speedo.
Thanks.

ski_king
04-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Airguides are not made any longer. But you can get one on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4545853440&category=26451&sspagename=WDVW).

cdewet
04-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them on ebay. Sofar just the Sammy Duvall's; little high in $$$.

ski_king
04-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them on ebay. Sofar just the Sammy Duvall's; little high in $$$.
Actually that is a good price for new Airguides. You may want to check with Discount Inboard Marine (www.skidim.com) also. They did have some, but they may be sold out now.
I just gave 2 old style ones away a few weeks ago.....

cdewet
04-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, I read the thread with all the freebies where you got rid of them. My timing is a little off... as usual.

Cloaked
05-01-2005, 08:11 AM
PS82 posted a link to Flea-Bay. Is that what you're looking for? If so, I may have two new ones lying around somewhere, still in the boxes. I'll try to get a pic and post (today) if indeed that is what you're looking for. Let me know please, if I can help you.

tph
05-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes, I read the thread with all the freebies where you got rid of them. My timing is a little off... as usual.

I think the freebies were the older surface mount models. They are different than the ones used on an '85.

Sporty:

Are yours surface mount or inset?

Cloaked
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Abandoned thread??? :eek3:

sfitzgerald351
05-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow... I'd love to have new ones like that. Let me know if CDwet doesn't want them and I'll grab them.

CDwet, can I have your non-working speedo if you get these? I'm looking for parts to refurb mine (which still work) and need items such as the little knob to calibrate the spped.

Powerslot82 if you're following this... I didn't realize the 82's had the surface mount speedos. So your speedos are now on their way (at least once I get home next week) to TPH for his ride.

This board is great!

sbuell
05-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I have a pair of the surface mount ones that I took out of my '82 if anyone is interested.

JEREMY79
05-02-2005, 01:27 AM
I also have a pair out of a 79. they are the surface mount type. PM me if anyone is intested.

cdewet
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Sporty, I'd love to have those. Will have to replace both of mine so they look the same. Please let me know where I can contact you.

cdewet
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
sfitzgerald351 - If I get the ones from Sporty, you're more than welcome to have my old ones. One still works fine, the other one's set screw is broken. I got it open and it is amazing how fine the "clockwork" is inside. Being an engineer, these kinds of things intrigue me. The diaphram is still good, but with the broken set screw, the little bar that is supposed to touch the pin on the diaphram is sitting too far off to make contact. (If you had one of these open, you'd know what I'm talking about.) I was going to try and fix the set screw, but if some new ones are on their way, I'll hold off on that.

P.S. This is an awesome site. The threads and feedback on here is unbelievably helpful. Gotta make time to be on here more often.

sfitzgerald351
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Cool! I'm looking forward to them. Let me know when you are ready to ship and I'll send you the money to cover your costs.

Cloaked
05-04-2005, 10:16 PM
cd... PM for ya' Pal....

SF, If he declines, I'll be glad to pass them on to you. I'd rather see someone get good use from these than loose them in my valuable pile of junk I'll never use... LOL...

cdewet
05-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Sporty, I'm new to this forum and instant messaging thing, so I have almost no clue what the PM etc. means. :D

Cloaked
05-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Sporty, I'm new to this forum and instant messaging thing, so I have almost no clue what the PM etc. means. :DPM = Private Message. It's a feature such as an IM (Instant Message) that vBulletin forum offers with their license. This is a VB forum board.... thus we have PMs here on the board. To check your PMs, look in the top right portion of the screen and you'll see the private messages html text.... Click and go. Say yes to any receipt requests.... Patience. You'll catch on.

I sent you a PM and also got yEr e-mail. I'll be getting back to you tonight or tomorrow afternoon for your land location. It will be a few days before I can get back to civilization and a snail mail center..... . They are yours, so rest easy.

cdewet
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the quick lesson. I figured it out in the mean time, as you might have noticed. We'll do the PM thing now...

iokua
05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Anyone have any more "extra" airguides?

Cloaked
05-18-2005, 07:41 AM
I did indeed send these out to CD. He's a happy camper.... Thus my extras are gone... :)

sfitzgerald351
08-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Okay,

After getting the surface mount speedos and then realizing they weren't the ones I needed I send them off to another member. Just had the dash apart and decided to look at my speedos which work fine to see if I could get the glass off so I could clean the inside. If you look at the pictures you can see they need to be cleaned! So....

How the heck do you get the glass off?

Does the speed adjustment pin come off with the glass or stay with the gauge?

I took pictures so you can see what I'm dealing with.

sfitzgerald351
08-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Here's another.

sfitzgerald351
08-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Here's another

TheWebDude
08-08-2005, 04:52 PM
The Airglide on my '84 is leaking (appears to be the speedo itself). Is this fixable? If not, any links to available internet posts where a replacement can be found are appreciated!

Cloaked
08-08-2005, 08:19 PM
The Airglide on my '84 is leaking (appears to be the speedo itself). Is this fixable? If not, any links to available internet posts where a replacement can be found are appreciated!http://www.utoronto.ca/ski/water/faq/btspeedo.html

TheWebDude
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Looks like more hassle than worth....