PDA

View Full Version : Need windshield glass for 2000 PS205

mcdoon
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Any ideas where I might look for existing glass? I've been in touch with Taylor Made, the folks who manufactured the original. They can make another piece but it ain't cheap.

Jim@BAWS -- check your PMs.

Thanks,
Mike

76S&S
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Jim gave me this information earlier this year. Good luck.

Give George a call at (813) 926 3717
www.marineglassspecialties.com

email is marinegs@tampabay.rr.com

Monte
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM

Remember the Break Out Another Thousand acronym??:rolleyes:

you are about to see in come to life:o

mcdoon
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Got it. George is on the job!

mcdoon
09-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Remember the Break Out Another Thousand acronym??:rolleyes:

you are about to see in come to life:o

Thanks for the reminder Monte. I'm feelin my pain. This one's gonna leave a mark! :(

Prostar Rich
09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Mike,

This information was posted sometime ago and I had saved it. This guy has some hard to find windshield glass. It would be worth a phone call.

Kustom Parts
Phone 262-743-1008
Steve Smith

His business is located in southern WI.

Good luck with your search,
Prostar Rich

mcdoon
09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Mike,

This information was posted sometime ago and I had saved it. This guy has some hard to find windshield glass. It would be worth a phone call.

Kustom Parts
Phone 262-743-1008
Steve Smith

His business is located in southern WI.

Good luck with your search,
Prostar Rich

Thanks PR. I left a message yesterday but nothing yet.

formosa
03-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I really hate to do this on a forum but ... Has anyone gotten glass from marineglassspecialties? I have left several messages and emails, sent the measurements and photos to George and I never have received a single response. Every time I call it's check back later or he will get back to me.

1995 200 VRS - driver's side glass smashed with rock by vandals (kids).

I just want to know if it's me, or something else.

mcdoon
03-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I really hate to do this on a forum but ... Has anyone gotten glass from marineglassspecialties? I have left several messages and emails, sent the measurements and photos to George and I never have received a single response. Every time I call it's check back later or he will get back to me.

1995 200 VRS - driver's side glass smashed with rock by vandals (kids).

I just want to know if it's me, or something else.

You probably won't get anywhere with George. I made numerous calls and nothing ever happened. But I got great service and pricing from Taylor Made, the people who made the original glass in my 2000 PS205. Visit www.taylormarine.com or call 518-773-0636.

I had the driver's curved glass smashed out. Taylor Made sent me the entire starboard frame with glass for $600 less than my local Mastercraft dealer quoted. Lead time is about 6-8 weeks. Very helpful people.

Mike

TMCNo1
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Looks like his number one supporter and business partner needs to set down and have a little talk about not responding to potential business,
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=463479&postcount=1,

"Monday has arrived and we are ALL in business with www.marineglassspecialties.com (http://www.marineglassspecialties.com/) located here
locally in Odessa FL. It was a little know fact that MC has recommended them over the past few years
as a source for Older style windshields. When ordering or looking for pricing use this CODE "BAWSMC"

There website is www.marineglassspecialties.com (http://www.marineglassspecialties.com/)
Contact is George Rietheimer (813) 926 3717

Now we ALL have a great sourse for OLDER glass for MasterCraft Boats"

jasonba1
03-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Try Jim Jackson at viper customs he has several older windshields in stock, his number is 865-388-4096. Give him my name (jason) and you should get a little discount if he has one.

formosa
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Well since this seems behavioral --- It was a complete waste of time. I provided what he asked for: took measurements, pictures and emailed --- waited and followed up several times until it was clear he wasn't going to respond.

I contacted Taylor - nice bunch of folks but don't have the parts to make my windshield.

jasonba1
03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
formosa have you tried viper customs to see if they could help you

TNH2oSkier
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM
What exactly is Viper Customs, I have driven past there business on 411 and wondered.

TMCNo1
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
What exactly is Viper Customs, I have driven past there business on 411 and wondered.

Last time we went by there on the way to MC, they had a custom wakeboard boat out front that they had built, but jasonba1 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=10349) should be able to tell you all about them, as he is their #1 supporter and promotes them all over TT.
Their website is apparently still under construction, http://www.vipercustoms.com/