PDA

View Full Version : Powerstar 200

erkoehler
04-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I remember reading recently that somebody was looking for a powerstar 200. Here are a few that I found in my searches for a boat:

1997 MASTERCRAFT POWERSTAR 200 21', OUTBOARD 98Merc 200EFI, rare boat new in 98, trailer, open bow, CD, jumpseats, highfive prop, comp edition, super slalom, barefoot and wakeboard boat, fast, swim platforms, cover, GIG HARBOR WA, $18,000, 253-219-3436

erkoehler
04-30-2005, 08:45 PM
1998 Mastercraft Powerstar 200 Xlnt Cond, Low Hrs, Great Ski&wakebrd, White-red&blk Trim, Mercury200 Outbrd, Open Bow, Tower, Boom, Bimini, Tk Steps, $26,600, 858-442-5476

Larryp
04-30-2005, 10:01 PM
How do these boats ski.

Wakeboy
05-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Rare cuz it's stupid? Outboard? What? I had no idea MC ever made an outboard like this? Maybe the pics are fake?

AirJunky
05-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Their not fake. Their barefootin boats.

Wakeboy
05-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Oh... I get it. Thanks Air! But what's the advantage of being an outboard? Maybe LarryP's question is the most interesting-- How do these boats ski/board? I see a pylon and a tower?

AirJunky
05-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Oh... I get it. Thanks Air! But what's the advantage of being an outboard? Maybe LarryP's question is the most interesting-- How do these boats ski/board? I see a pylon and a tower?
Zero wake, flat table & they haul ***..... top speeds of 55 or 60+.

erkoehler
05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Rare cuz it's stupid? Outboard? What? I had no idea MC ever made an outboard like this? Maybe the pics are fake?

They are supposed to be some of the best wakes out there for barefoot riders. Fast accelleration, and high top end with flat wakes! I'll post some pics of the barefoot 200 in action later on.

Grandwilli
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
The first time I saw one I looked at it for half an hour then I got to take a ride...WoW!!!

whitedog
05-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh... How do these boats ski/board? I see a pylon and a tower?

Some footers will use tower or pylon, helps make back deep water starts and some tricks eaiser. Also helps when barefoot jumping and doing inverts.

MarkP
05-01-2005, 12:20 PM
The first time I saw one I looked at it for half an hour then I got to take a ride...WoW!!!
I think if I didnít have kids I would own one. Gotta love the top end.

But with kids its nice to have the prop tucked under the boat..

east tx skier
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
As to the ski question, nice wake, but doesn't track like a straight drive.

BriEOD
05-01-2005, 02:39 PM
A friend of mine in town has one. My opinions:

Pros:
- Good for salt water-brackish water
- Good for barefooting
- Lots of room (no engine box)
- Good for wakeboarding (trim up the motor)
- Don't need a prop guard trailer
- Don't have to worry about running a ground

Cons:
- Slalom wake isn't even in the same ball park
- Weak hull shot
- Steers, well like a boat
- 2 stroke smoke smell
- Hard to get in and out of in the water
- Engine clearance

Rockman
05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=BriEOD]A friend of mine in town has one. My opinions:

Cons:
The wake at 34 mph on a shortened rope is good but the boat was not made for tournaments, so changing ropes lengths and the curls do not go hand in hand.

- Weak hull shot
Come to Wisconsin this summer. I'll pull your arms right out of your sockets. We can pull three long deeps with not much drag. Much quicker than any LT1 or 285hp my buddies have.

Yep, and even has reverse!

- 2 stroke smoke smell
Engine must need maintenance. Ours rarely smokes. Only on cold morning starts.

Why? Never had any problems with ours.

My :twocents:

Ski-A-Rees
05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
It's just like old hydrodynes. Great for barefooting and even better in salt water!

6ballsisall
05-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I wouldnt mind owning one of these. The top end must be awesome. As for the comments about hole shot, I have rode in some 200-250hp outboards and I wouldn't want to drag race one with my boat if we were racing for pinks! :D I could see where the tracking might not be as good though

jimmer2880
05-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I wouldnt mind owning one of these. The top end must be awesome. As for the comments about hole shot, I have rode in some 200-250hp outboards and I wouldn't want to drag race one with my boat if we were racing for pinks! :D I could see where the tracking might not be as good though

A buddy of mine just sold his comp bass boat. 250 hp, 70 mph top end out of a 17' boat. I raced him a couple times with my '95 TBI 190. I would barely take him 0 to 25-30ish. Then he would pull away & never look back.

That we empty though. I always told him that I wanted to do the same thing with a 200lb slalom skier at the end of the rope.

jimmer2880
05-02-2005, 12:54 PM
by the way - I'm not kicking OB's here. If I was a serious footer (opposed to the "when I'm too tired to slalom), I would want one of these myself.

east tx skier
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
As the hole shot goes, it's not so much about get up and go as with a race. It's about getting on plane quickly with torque to get the skier up. An outboard will, of course, have more top end. I can't speak to the hole shot of an outboard from a skier's perspective though.

LakePirate
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
There is one pulling "toobers" off of the coast of Aruba. Saw it there on the honeymoon. Went deepsea fishing with the guy who used to own it, said it was a headache to maintain. However, after watching the idiots drive around out there I think it was more user error than mechnical error. Those cats scared me the whole time I sat on the beach and drank beer.

AirJunky
05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
As the hole shot goes, it's not so much about get up and go as with a race. It's about getting on plane quickly with torque to get the skier up. An outboard will, of course, have more top end. I can't speak to the hole shot of an outboard from a skier's perspective though.
There is a guy on Sammamish who has a 19' Ski Sanger with like a 200+ horse outboard, high 5 prop, etc. When I installed my 4 blade SS prop, I raced him & another buddy with a '96 190 w/ LT1 & 3 blade OJ prop. I have the 275 horse 350 TBI & about 800 lbs of ballast....... still beat them both off the line. The Ski Sanger walked away from us at about 15 or 20 mph then just kept on going. I stayed in front of the LT1 till about 30 mph, then he crawled past me.
We didn't do the same race prior to the 4 blade SS prop install but I'm sure thats what kept me in the running at all.

BriEOD
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=BriEOD]A friend of mine in town has one. My opinions:

Cons:
The wake at 34 mph on a shortened rope is good but the boat was not made for tournaments, so changing ropes lengths and the curls do not go hand in hand.

- Weak hull shot
Come to Wisconsin this summer. I'll pull your arms right out of your sockets. We can pull three long deeps with not much drag. Much quicker than any LT1 or 285hp my buddies have.

Yep, and even has reverse!

- 2 stroke smoke smell
Engine must need maintenance. Ours rarely smokes. Only on cold morning starts.

Why? Never had any problems with ours.

My :twocents:

Hey Dude I'm not knocking your boat. Different strokes for different folks. I like to slalom and a direct drive is better for that to me.

Rockman
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Rockman]

Hey Dude I'm not knocking your boat. Different strokes for different folks. I like to slalom and a direct drive is better for that to me.

Sorry BriEOD,

Had a bad morning and saw this and had to vent. :mad:

The BF200 was made for barefooting...period. It can be altered to accomodate aggressive slalom skiers and also wakeboarders. I've seen alot of awesome tricks done off an outboard when we we at Seipel's in Florida a few years back. So it's not really the boat, it the person behind the boat. Inboards are great...if we to buy a new boat, I would probably buy a 190 with a tower with the 8.1 liter. Alot of people who own inboards think outboards are just family boats...if they saw ours, their opinions would quickly change.

Apologies go out for snapping...

bradamerry
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I personally think the outboard MC looks bad A$$ :headbang: , I don't think it would be the boat for me.

sizzler
05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
i had the barefoot 200...great boat 60+mph top end...pulled your arms out of their sockets.....had loads of buddies come out footin' and needed more space...this is the boat i should've traded up to ,(open bow) but i did not even know it existed.........bought a holiday home on a lake to accomodate beer buddies and the X9 because i'd injured them all footin.......everyone boards now except me who still foots....

as for loading on the trailer...never a prob

BriEOD
05-03-2005, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=BriEOD]

Sorry BriEOD,

Had a bad morning and saw this and had to vent. :mad:

The BF200 was made for barefooting...period. It can be altered to accomodate aggressive slalom skiers and also wakeboarders. I've seen alot of awesome tricks done off an outboard when we we at Seipel's in Florida a few years back. So it's not really the boat, it the person behind the boat. Inboards are great...if we to buy a new boat, I would probably buy a 190 with a tower with the 8.1 liter. Alot of people who own inboards think outboards are just family boats...if they saw ours, their opinions would quickly change.

Apologies go out for snapping...

No worries Rockman!! :purplaugh

erkoehler
05-04-2005, 02:07 AM
Was out on Rockman's boat this past weekend, definetly a great barefoot boat, and not the "family" boat.

Here is a picture of it...

dsquirewells
05-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Hey ! I live in Florida and even went up to Michigan to get my Powerstar 200. It was worth the trip and shipping it. I have to have an outboard due to brackish,salt and shallow water here and up in Massachusetts where I spend the Summer. The open bow is the best (I have kids) and this is my first Mastercraft.To me,it is the best boat I could ever own.Unless they make a new Powerstar version soon. I sit there and just look at it. I can't believe I finally own a Mastercraft ! Yes !
I have talked to alot of the pro barefooters on-line and they have mixed feelings about this boat.Porposing issues,speed. They all now own the Malibu inboards or Flightcraft.They want to go really,really fast.
This is a great boat ! It is plenty fast, 55 ! I will keep it forever ! A great slalom and barefoot boat ! Oh yeh,it's also a Mastercraft ! As Stan Lee (creator of Spiderman) would say...Nuff Said !

Diesel
05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
i had the barefoot 200...great boat 60+mph top end...pulled your arms out of their sockets.....had loads of buddies come out footin' and needed more space...this is the boat i should've traded up to ,(open bow) but i did not even know it existed.........bought a holiday home on a lake to accomodate beer buddies and the X9 because i'd injured them all footin.......everyone boards now except me who still foots....

as for loading on the trailer...never a prob

Please excuse the highjack..............

Hey Sizzler how is the wake behind the X9 for footin'?? What length rope do you run and how is the table?? My new 209 is due to arrive this week and will be making some BF runs memorial weekend and want to be prepared............

Thanks in advance........... ;)

Waterski-Marcoisland
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
These boats are sweet. I wish Mastercraft still made them.

David t
06-20-2005, 10:02 PM
We bought a used Powerstar last fall and I have a stereo and four speakers to install but I am not sure where the front set should go. The back has cutouts already behind the side pad but I can't find any prelocated spot for the front set.
The shop said they go in the side pads of the open bow but that seems very odd and also difficult. I am thinking the open gel surface just ahead of those pads but am not thrilled about cutting a big hole in a spot that I am not sure about.

Could any current or former Powerstar owners provide the actual location for the front speakers.

I am super happy with the way the Powerstar pulls slalom and wakeboard. With a 19 inch High Five it pulls hard enough that I can't hold it back and I can get it real close to 60 but it is really wound out at that point. I had a little 17 ft Baja with a 150 Merc that took some skill on the drivers part to fight the pull but it had virtually no wake, nil and was awesome to ski behind. I could never figure out why inboard guys bragged about how perfect the wakes were behind their boats. The Powerstar is somewhere in between with a more rounded shape at 34 MPH.

The main reason we made the switch was for the room for the growing passenger list of friends and kids. It is rated for 8 people but has seating for 12 and I bet you could squeeze in 15 without getting to cramped.

I think if I didnít have kids I would own one. Gotta love the top end.

But with kids its nice to have the prop tucked under the boat..

I grew up on the lake and nobody that I knew had an inboard. We still have all our fingers and toes and no big frankenstein scars either.
An inboard might be a little safer but it is not a jet. That prop is still down there chopping away waiting for a careless moment.

Rockman
06-21-2005, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=David t]We bought a used Powerstar last fall and I have a stereo and four speakers to install but I am not sure where the front set should go. The back has cutouts already behind the side pad but I can't find any prelocated spot for the front set.
The shop said they go in the side pads of the open bow but that seems very odd and also difficult. I am thinking the open gel surface just ahead of those pads but am not thrilled about cutting a big hole in a spot that I am not sure about.

David,

We will be up at our cottage this weekend and I will get you pics of the speaker locations on our BF200. The holes should be similar. If not, they will at least give you some ideas.

PM me on Friday so I don't forget. I am writing a note in my book so I won't forget ;)

ajgressette
06-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I have a Powerstar 200 and I thought about putting front speakers in but never could find a precut hole behind the seat. You can run your hand behind the front seat and see if you can feel a cut out area. I never could so just left well enough alone. Let us know what you find out. :popcorn:

BriEOD
06-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, my boat is a little older than yours. However, this winter I upgraded my stereo big time (I'm not on the same planet as Diesel). I had holes in the back already from the factory. But, their weren't any holes in the front. I gave it a lot of thought on where to mount: engine box, dash, etc. I still found the best places is those gunnel pads. So, I bit the big one and made holes. I removed the gunnels from the boat. Marked the circle with a sharpie on the upholestry and used a utility knife to cut and remove the foam and upholestry. I drilled a started hole and then used a jig saw to cut out the hole in the marine plywood. Next, I drilled some pilot holes for the mounting screws and installed the speaker. Lastly, I had to cut a hold in the fiberglass behind the where the gunnel pad mounts for the magnet to clear. I just used a jig saw. It took a little time but turned out pretty well.

Here's a shot on the starboard side (I had removed the drivers seat).
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1979&page=5&pp=10

Rockman
06-21-2005, 07:27 PM
BriEOD,

That's exactly how our's are done.

gogo2390
07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey ! I live in Florida and even went up to Michigan to get my Powerstar 200. It was worth the trip and shipping it. I have to have an outboard due to brackish,salt and shallow water here and up in Massachusetts where I spend the Summer. The open bow is the best (I have kids) and this is my first Mastercraft.To me,it is the best boat I could ever own.Unless they make a new Powerstar version soon. I sit there and just look at it. I can't believe I finally own a Mastercraft ! Yes !
I have talked to alot of the pro barefooters on-line and they have mixed feelings about this boat.Porposing issues,speed. They all now own the Malibu inboards or Flightcraft.They want to go really,really fast.
This is a great boat ! It is plenty fast, 55 ! I will keep it forever ! A great slalom and barefoot boat ! Oh yeh,it's also a Mastercraft ! As Stan Lee (creator of Spiderman) would say...Nuff Said !

the porposing was a known problem. We bought our 98 new in 2000...first time out it was unbearable. Mastercraft paid to have it taken to the factory and they fixed it by putting a 2 inch piece of fiberglass on the back of the hull

great boat though. Fastest out of the hole great wakes for anything. Low at high speeds for footing/slalom, and then pretty decent for wakeboarding at around 20mph (can do flips so no saying its not a big wake) And when your done for the day the maintenance is minimal and it will last forever as oppose to my friends malibu sunsetter?? with a vdrive that has corrosion and stuff inside the coolant tubes all these problems. Outboards the way to go.

Jim@BAWS
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
4 score and 7 years ago......

In a galaxy far far away...

Jim@BAWS

Dave2302
08-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm a keen 'footer, skied with Scarpa in Florida among others. Love the sport. 8 Years ago a mate in England had a Powerstar, gorgeous boat and good all rounder. Well 3 years ago I tried to buy a Powerstar here in the UK but couldn't get one.

I got English company Sportique to modify their 20ft XLR inboard hull to take an outboard bracket.

Awesome boat to foot with. We use a 190 Prostar running on LPG in our ski school, okay to practice footin shortline on Ja Skis but dont give me a good enough pull for the serious stuff. Lovely boat for slalom and boarding etc and sooooo much cheaper to run than the 225Yam on the barefoot boat :D

treptowr
08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
There is one for sale right down the road from me, so if someone is interested, send me a PM. I could get some photos and info.

cbryan70
08-02-2009, 05:46 PM
There is one for sale right down the road from me, so if someone is interested, send me a PM. I could get some photos and info.

Ohh please post some pictures and the price. Another forum member swears up and down that his is worth 30K becuase there are none in good shape still around.

JohnE
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Ohh please post some pictures and the price. Another forum member swears up and down that his is worth 30K becuase there are none in good shape still around.

Better yet, have him list it in the Marketplace.....

treptowr
08-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Scroll about half way down the page and look under towboats/wakeboard boats. It's a 1987Mastercraft Barefoot 200 closed bow. I guess this isn't the Powerstar 200 you guys were talking about? I didn't realize that there were different model outboards made by Mastercraft.
http://www.mandjmarine.com/preowned.php

Jim@BAWS
08-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Scroll about half way down the page and look under towboats/wakeboard boats. It's a 1987Mastercraft Barefoot 200 closed bow. I guess this isn't the Powerstar 200 you guys were talking about? I didn't realize that there were different model outboards made by Mastercraft.

Good Lookin boat. That is a PROSTAR 200. the BF 200 did not come out til 1991

Jim@BAWS

ski_king
08-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Interesting windshield....
http://www.mandjmarine.com/images/preowned/31243613205.jpg

ctkiteboarding
08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=cbryan70;620311]Ohh please post some pictures and the price. Another forum member swears up and down that his is worth 30K becuase there are none in good shape still around.[/QUOTE

damn , does it really bug you guys that much that i have a really high asking price on my powerstar:confused:

and yes find me one for sale other then that pos on LI for 10k

okrazerback
08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Inverts? I would like to learn more about this.

Finnsdad
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Here is one for sale now, $11,495:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1998-MASTERCRAFT-POWERSTAR-200-95665687

woftam
08-31-2009, 12:10 PM

If ctkiteboarding can jump on this quick, then he can pimp it out a bit, sell it, and make himself another $35k. LOL.

In all seriousness, it looks like a nice clean boat. Hope it goes to a good home.

Chicago190
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM

Well Finnsdad seems to have put an end to that.

ctkiteboarding
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
wow , thats a 1st , guess my price is way too high someone should buy that boat today

ctkiteboarding
08-31-2009, 02:52 PM
hell ,,i just called :D, they are off today

Jim@BAWS
09-01-2009, 02:50 PM

SOLD...Did you anyone on here get it?

Jim@BAWS

ctkiteboarding
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
yeah it sold in 1 day they said who ever got it now owns unique powerstar with the color combo,, so i guess its back to find one for sale thats clean just one ;)

Hollywood
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
How many offers have you had? LMAO

You can buy a new Dyna-Ski for less than your ridiculous asking price.

20'
http://www.dyna-ski.com/images/20obredhrweb.jpg

17.5'
http://www.dyna-ski.com/images/176obredhrweb.jpg

Jim@BAWS
09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
How many offers have you had? LMAO

You can buy a new Dyna-Ski for less than your ridiculous asking price.

20'
http://www.dyna-ski.com/images/20obredhrweb.jpg

17.5'
http://www.dyna-ski.com/images/176obredhrweb.jpg

APPLES AND ORANGES

Hollywood
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Nothing against MasterCraft, but I'll take an orange and $10k over a 10 year old abused PowerStar!

ctkiteboarding
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
damn hollywood why the anger and dis , did i upset ya? lol ... no offers , lots of emails there are some really nice folks who love these boats out there , you seem to not be one, sorry if upset ya :D

Finnsdad
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM
APPLES AND ORANGES

While that may be true, for those who want a newer boat it is a good option. Their boats may not have the bells and whistles but they know how to build strong reliable boats that ski teams rely on every day. I looked into getting one, but found a lower cost used inboard.

woftam
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
damn hollywood why the anger and dis , did i upset ya? lol ... no offers , lots of emails there are some really nice folks who love these boats out there , you seem to not be one, sorry if upset ya :D

Let's all stop feeding the 35k troll.;)

TMCNo1
09-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Let's all stop feeding the 35k troll.;)

I heard for $35K you could get 2 good used Bubba Glitter Rockets and a BJ!

No Skeez
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM

No offense, but it's been on Barefoot Central for at least a year, if not two... I would HOPE you've gotten LOTS of emails!

ctkiteboarding
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
ok ok im not trying to piss off anyone or " troll" as u say woft,, ill pull the ad and just enjoy my boat to its fullest, it seems the mastercraft gods have spoken

Hollywood
09-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm not pissed off, I'm laughing my azz off actually.

My point with the Dyna-Ski was that if someone wanted an open bow, outboard ski boat there are options. Nobody is going to pay that absurd price of yours, I'm not in the market for one so I especially do not care, just sharing my thoughts with the forum. The Barefoot 200 is a far superior performing boat than the PowerStar anyway, it really isn't worth much...

Go sack out your PowerStar, crank the tunes and enjoy the water fool.

ctkiteboarding
09-03-2009, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=Hollywood;630118]I'm not pissed off, I'm laughing my azz off actually.

My point with the Dyna-Ski was that if someone wanted an open bow, outboard ski boat there are options. Nobody is going to pay that absurd price of yours, I'm not in the market for one so I especially do not care, just sharing my thoughts with the forum. The Barefoot 200 is a far superior performing boat than the PowerStar anyway, it really isn't worth much...

Go sack out your PowerStar, crank the tunes and enjoy the water fool.[/QUOT

excellent post, your a class act , yes the barefoot 200 is better footin boat it was designed to be but doesnt really compare to the general all around use the powerstar was designed for, i owned a barefoot 200 for 5 years before my current ride, as I said before i really didnt expect a buyer at my asking price but ya never know some people will pay absurd prices for stuff if they want it and can swing it, im going to leave it alone now i dont want to upset the solid forum members , i could finish with a few insults but i wont go there either

Hollywood
09-03-2009, 10:41 AM
i could finish with a few insults but i wont go there either

PM me if you'd like.

ctkiteboarding
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
PM me if you'd like.

no thanks:noface: enjoy the long weekend:purplaugh

Ryan
09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
no thanks:noface: enjoy the long weekend:purplaugh

Kudos for taking the high road.

ProStar200
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I love my 1990 ProStar200. Great for skiing, footing and even wakeboarding. Mine is powered by a 1996 225hp Johnson. Lots of room for gear, coolers and the family. Come on up and I will take you for a pull.

gogo2390
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=cbryan70;620311]Ohh please post some pictures and the price. Another forum member swears up and down that his is worth 30K becuase there are none in good shape still around.[/QUOTE

damn , does it really bug you guys that much that i have a really high asking price on my powerstar:confused:

where on LI are you from? I got a powerstar and live up by huntington.

o and I got my 98 powerstar new in 2000 for 25k....what would someone actually pay for it now?

east tx skier
04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
yeah it sold in 1 day they said who ever got it now owns unique powerstar with the color combo,, so i guess its back to find one for sale thats clean just one ;)

Here's one. Looks pretty clean. $14K.

1999 Mastercraft Ski Boat - $14000 (Cardiff, CA)
Date: 2010-04-21, 11:46AM PDT
Reply to: sale-uf6bt-1703270172@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1999 Mastercraft Ski Boat Competition Mercury 200, outboard engine, excellent condition. $14000.00 or best offer.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1703270172

Link (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/boa/1703270172.html)

ctkiteboarding
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
heres a nice one , looks clean:)

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3437&cat=7

Rockman
05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
What's so great about having a rear facing speedometer? :confused: My BF200 has 3 rear facing speedometers.

How is the driver suppose to know how fast he is going if the speedometer is facing forward? :uglyhamme

I think the person selling this boat meant to say that the boat comes with the optional speedometer located on the back panel (which faces forward) and is used by judges when sitting in the optional jump seats. :cool:

schwartz36
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Any advice on where to post it?

captain planet
08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Any advice on where to post it?

In the "Market" on here. Someone will call you about it in no time.

schwartz36
08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks Cap! Got it listed.

east tx skier
08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Ski-it-again and onlyinboards are good spots as well as Barefoot Central.

schwartz36
08-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks TX. Got it listed in several places.

We are selling our lake home but have plans to rebuild on a empty lake lot in the next 2 or 3 years. So, instead of storing this boat I'm going to sell and look for a 197 when the house is finished.

east tx skier
08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
When I was selling, nothing got more hits than ebay. I ultimately sold the boat to someone on here, but had an ebay buyer lined up when that happened. Buy it now/best offer listing works well. You'll get a bunch of low ballers, but the exposure will bring some real buyers, too.