PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Schedule Questions

brucemac
09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
2003 X-2 with MCX

season is winding down here and am starting to think about winterization and maintenance.

bought my boat last spring with 63 hours and now have 88

when i bought it, i had the cap/rotors and impeller changed along with the oils and had another oil change and shaft alignment mid-season.

aside from the standard winterization, oil, filter, tranny fluid and impeller what else should i do? i downloaded the 03 manual, but unless i missed it, i didn't see a schedule.

also, does some of this make more sense to do in the spring when i pull her back out?

will also have the trailer inspected.

just wondering if i'm forgetting anything.

jrhollow
09-05-2008, 01:33 PM
88 hours on an 03? You need to get out and use that boat!

east tx skier
09-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I do the plugs each spring along with the fuel filters. New impeller every spring. I keep an eye on the belts and change as needed. Spark plug wires about 300 hours or so. Same with cap and rotor.

www.easttxskier.com/articles.html

brucemac
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM
jrhollow, hee hee, yeah original owner didn't use it a lot. guess that can be good and bad. it's been running like a top though. so happy with it. we've had a great season with her. sad it's winding down. we need to move some place where it's warm all year. :)

thanks a ton eastie. thanks for writing all that up. very helpful.

TMCNo1
09-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Here, http://www.mastercraft.com/files/manuals/1998_OwnersManual-PS190-PS205-XStar-SammyDuvall.pdf , pages 98 and 99, may give you a typical overview of most of the stuff.
I don't know or understand why in later years with the combined manuals they have left this out of the manuals, cause it takes some of the DIY out so you have to take it to the dealer I guess.