PDA

View Full Version : will be installing stereo in 84 S&S, please help

Bobby
04-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I think I brought this up a long time ago, but here I go again :o - I'm going to be buying some stereo components for my '84. I'd like to know how many speakers to get, how many amps and what size/kind, how to put in a second battery properly, wiring stuff, etc... You know, the whole shibang. Thanks

BriEOD
04-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Booby,

Hey man welcome back to the land of the living. However, that's a pretty general question. First, what kind of budget are you looking at? Are you going to do the work yourself or have someone do it? I would encourage you to read through some of the threads on here. I have one you can read through, look up So Far... Their are a plethra of threads on here about 2nd batteries. You have to decide whether you want them in series, isolated, etc. Do some research on here than ask some questions my young Jedi. Bobby...Bobby...Bobby...!

River Rat
04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
From Oklahoma Eh…….. :D 2 each 3” speakers, No ants they sting and make little dirt mounds in your boat, a transistor radio with a pull up antenna and just in case you might want to get one of those one ear headphones for the transistor. If you want tower speakers you can hang the transister from the tow eye. Oh and one more thing
Hook-m-Horns :banana: :uglyhamme :uglyhamme
Just kidden dude!!

Bobby
04-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I've got a little bit to play with and my parents own a music store here in Norman so I have a slight advantage when it comes to cost. :D ;) I was thinking a 4 speaker set up and I might add subs later. I was mainly wondering (I should have clarified) if anyone else with an S&S has a stereo set up. And- do i need weatherproof speakers or normal ones?

I can do the install myself and with the help of a friend of mine who really knows what he is doing.

River Rat - I bet you'd like to have the summer stay forever based solely on the fact that October would never roll around 8p