PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Area Fall Raft-Up

MattsCraft
09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I am planning a Raft-Up with a few non-wakeboard boat friends @ Ocean Brookville Lake, IN :rolleyes: on September 13th, 14th rain date. When we go there we arrive no later than 8AM, make a few runs near the dam for smooth water, raft up for lunch and surf the ocean in the afternoon. Any and all are welcome to join in! Please post a message with any questions/suggestions!

ntidsl
09-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Would love to but I'll be at Laurel Lake that weekend. Then off to Jamaica for 10 days. Bummer. Keep me posted though. I'll be on the river this weekend near Warsaw as I am every Thursday to Sunday, skiingm skiing and skiing...waiting for the rain to stop to get one of my 3 Friday runs in. Thanks for the post!!!!

Are you the Cincy MC guy?

coz
09-05-2008, 08:34 AM
, raft up for lunch and surf the ocean in the afternoon.

Surf the ocean? at last check Indiana was quite a ways from any ocean :confused:

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Surf the ocean? at last check Indiana was quite a ways from any ocean :confused:
I think he's referring to how rough Brookville can get.

Sorry...can't make it. Big game day (OSU vs. USC).

coz
09-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I think he's referring to how rough Brookville can get.

Sorry...can't make it. Big game day (OSU vs. USC).

I'll take SC, who do you like P? wait let me guess :D

MattsCraft
09-05-2008, 10:49 AM
P-Hat, yes you are correct, we coined Brookville, "Ocean Brookville" on the weekends due to the amount of I/O boats pulling tubers and power turns. Never ceases to amaze me to see huge 25'-30' cruisers on a 5000 acre lake. In the summer we avoid the weekends, but Susan is back in school, so weekday trips are out. That's why we go early to ski and board and surf in the afternoon!

Just checked the weather, looking like it might move to Sunday, will have to wait till we get closer though.

Ntidsl, I am not the cincy MC guy, that's Jim Schulty, I have Cincinnati MC stickers on my boat and truck to help Jim promote the new dealership.

We are looking for better places locally to boat, I have not been on the river this year, kinda scares me! :eek: We keep hearing about the “Secret Spot” (licking river) thinking of checking it out this weekend. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!;)

Matt

coz
09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
P-Hat, yes you are correct, we coined Brookville, "Ocean Brookville" on the weekends due to the amount of I/O boats pulling tubers and power turns. Never ceases to amaze me to see huge 25'-30' cruisers on a 5000 acre lake. In the summer we avoid the weekends, but Susan is back in school, so weekday trips are out. That's why we go early to ski and board and surf in the afternoon!

Just checked the weather, looking like it might move to Sunday, will have to wait till we get closer though.

Ntidsl, I am not the cincy MC guy, that's Jim Schulty, I have Cincinnati MC stickers on my boat and truck to help Jim promote the new dealership.

We are looking for better places locally to boat, I have not been on the river this year, kinda scares me! :eek: We keep hearing about the “Secret Spot” (licking river) thinking of checking it out this weekend. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!;)

Matt

Have fun Matt :D be sure and post them pics when you get back :headbang:

PondWater
09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Wish I could make it as I am local but not a good weekend for me. That said, is that Norris lake in the picture?

ntidsl
09-09-2008, 07:37 AM
That's funny, the river scares you and you boat Brookville. This is the river last Saturday if I remember correctly about 2pm. My 4 year old was getting ready to ski and I thought i'd snap some pictures...if I could post an avi I would...We have tie ups all the time...would just be nice if I wasnt always with Malibus for once...

ntidsl
09-09-2008, 07:47 AM
The Licking is 40 feet wide, well maybe 60 at max...has wakeboarders all over that call it a secret spot...if its so secret why are there so many wakeboarders there every sunday...lol...If you dont know the Licking is dangerous...6-8 feet in spots with stumps as wide as your boat...and if a barge comes through sometimes you have to wait or pull over for it to pass...I had some property on the Licking and never got in the water...

it is always smooth thats for sure but not worth it...the Ohio this time of year has 10 foot visability and now all the kids are back in school and soccer moms and football dads are too busy to boat on the weekends like is good...

Now if you are talking about the Ohio in town...thats asking for trouble...crazy offshore boats with 4 dudes standing up looking in Hooters..."sausage fest"...Do these guys think that they look cool? I never understood why there are alwasy 4 guys in those boat in Cincy...the brochure always show good looking chicks on them but i only see 4 guys ever...lol...

Just a word of advise...dont do the licking unless you have an extra prop and a snorkel mask.

Once the dealership opens a party is in store...here in the general vicinity of greater cincy...thats the only way they will compete with No Wake...

have fun this weekend...

MattsCraft
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Just got back in town... PondWater, yes Norris in the pic, Chris Owen of MC's place on Race Track Hollow on Big Creek! Great spot on the lake!

Ntidsl - Thanks for the insight on the river, that said we did go last Saturday and checked out the licking. All of your statements are correct, we stopped heading up the river when we hit about 8', I think it was just past the licking launch ramp. We only ran into about 3 other boats (All mailbooooos) and had a few nice runs on good water in the afternoon. The nicest part was from my house we were on the water in 30 minutes and only a 10 minute run up the river from Rivertown launch ramp which is great. Logs, well did not see anything, prop is good, but hey I have taken out a prop at Norris too:steering: just one of the boating hazzards!

Sugestions please, I hate Brookville on the weekends, but Susan is back in school, so this time of year weekday trips are out.:( Where on the river are the pic's from, how far down river from Cincy?

cbryan70
09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
6-8 feet in spots man that would be nice, im used to 8 feet being the deepest part of the river

ntidsl
09-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I'll Pm you the ohio river spots...sorry...got to be quiet...lol...it didnt lok like that this past sunday but there was nobody crazy enough to get in the river...6-8 footers

ntidsl
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
where you live anyway?

Willytown
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
the licking river is by far my favorite place to ride. i would not recommend riding between the ohio and fredricks landing, stay south of fredricks, you can ride well past Klines which is well upriver from teh I 275 bridge, water is a little dirty :) but so worth it. i woudl say there is only 4 or 5 regular ski/wakeboard boats that frequent the licking and maybe an occasion rowing team or fishing boat.

ntidsl
09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I used to own 10 acres right up river from clines...never got a chance to boat there though...water looked gnarly but I've skied in the Maumee, cant be any worse than that...how deep is the water, tell us all more...I live in alexandria so it doesnt get any closer...

abwx2
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
We Jus Tgot The Same Boat Except Ours Is A Blue And White Slider I Love It!!!!!!

ProStarMike
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM

Matt

What is the deal with Cincinnati MC? Haven't heard a peep or update since Feb/March last year. Is that the same Jim S from Hern Marine? If so, he and Matt Dixon sold me my PS205 a few years ago (I've since switched to another M brand - shhh :-)

The river's awesome, especially this time of year. We were out Saturday. We actually launched at Public Landing this time and went ~16 miles downriver towards Cleves, OH area where a friend has a home overlooking the river. Hardly any boats and glass water most of the way, even with a pretty solid breeze blowing. When the river turns and curves, it is easy to find glass water, sheltered from the wind!

We typically launch up-river (Schmitt Field) and boat upriver under the 275 bridge almost every Saturday morning from 7:00ish AM until everyone's too tired to continue - usually around 10 AM.

-- Mike

ntidsl
10-01-2008, 08:51 AM
hey there...we boat down near warsaw ky from thursday night to Sunday afternoon. this weekend will rock...there wont be anyone out...

05 197 TT if you even come down that way ...

I have a house at mile marker 522.2.

Always looking for skiers to hang with...we have 2 moomba, one MC, two mailbus that hang with us.

okay so to the point...yes,,,what the heck is up with Cincy MC...I'm assuming it will never open...i have emailed them, filled in their website form, nothing!

So I have turned my attention to Louisville, they have a dealer...

I want to get alot of work done on my boat this winter, just have everything thoroughly checked, i do all my own maintenance and after 300 hours i think things should be looked at...you know...

2RLAKE
10-01-2008, 11:45 AM
i talked to schulte this summer and he was going to try to be in business by the end of the year ... although with the economy its probably hitting his car business. Shame we cant get a MC dealer here ... i helped Hern a lot over the years when they had MC.

FYI ... the UC ski team placed #4 nationally ... first time they placed ... unfortunately they are sponsored by no wake ... maibu

MattsCraft
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, same Jim S from Hern shhhh, don't tell anyone that. They are looking for a location, still not final as of last week. Probably won't be until spring, but I agree, we need an MC dealer in cincy! Boat Works in Louisville is a class act, Greg is a great guy, but I really don't want to tow my boat an hour for service! Hern is way over priced IMHO on parts etc.

ntidsl, I am in Cincy, Whiteoak, thought last weekend might be the last, but forecast is for 79 Sunday, so we will probably hit the licking, it has been great last 3 weekends, only a few boats, mostly fisherman, so we have had the river to ourself! We have been putting in @ Fredericks Landing and running up to the resturant and back. I just make a first past slow to check for logs (only a few) and they have all been visibale, so we know were they are and than run till your hearts content!

ntidsl
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I grew up in white oak...off of jessup...on a road called Nickview...

I'm keeping my boat at my other house down my Warsaw on the river so no way you'll find me on the Licking, the Ohio is too perfect right now...boat was in last week Thursday at 3pm to Sunday at 5pm and no line...couldnt even tell it had been in the water, of course i gaves its normal bath anyway and doused it with babes afterwards...

You ever get an itching to come south a bit further look us up at miles 522.2 on the river, the only beach for miles...

ntidsl
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
they havent held nationals yet...how did they place 4th???

Wankster One
10-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I frequent the Licking about every other week with willytown and all I can say is wow... The hand full of times I have been down there has been nothing but butter.. Its no place to take the family for a swim and hangout session. Its a straight up riders paradise. It does get pretty shallow in 2 spots, but after being there 1 or 2 times you'll know where to stay. As for Cincy Mastercraft, I've heard thru a very realible source that something real good is gonna happen real soon...:)

ntidsl
10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Another incredible weekend on the Ohio!!! Wow...I have photos from the last 2 weekends and I'll load them up. Water temp is 70-74 degrees so getting a little chinlley but still no shorty. Since there arent as many boats out these aday I dont have to rush out and ski...we have a nice breakfast and coffee then ski about 10am. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were amazing!!! Alot more boats than I expected to see but the water was still perfect 75% of the day.

ntidsl
10-13-2008, 07:54 AM
whata weekend!!!!! Okay prepared to be blown away by the weirdest siting we've ever had. Warsaw KY...pelicans! Yup...30 years, we've seen bald eagles, great blues by the thousands, black swans, just about every kinds of duck, osprey with foot long fish in its claws, but pelicans??? And I was sober!!!

Wish my camera was in my hand at the time...but I did catch these.

ntidsl
10-13-2008, 07:56 AM
and this...

Alteczen
10-16-2008, 09:49 PM
As for Cincy Mastercraft, I've heard thru a very realible source that something real good is gonna happen real soon...:)

It looks like they are at least posting some info and inventory on their website :D