PDA

View Full Version : Milfoil In Minnesota Lakes

drbesvold1
09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
3/4 of lakes in minnesota have a dieses called milfoil which is a type of water weed that is uncontrolable right now , well i have taken my boat in many lakes here in minnesota and found out yesterday the hard way that little pieces of milfoil got sucked up in my boat and stopped right at the filter to go into the engine which plugged it up and not much water was getting into my engine but i couldnt tell cause it seemed to be running fine until i heard a pop then my engine wasnt running right at all i plus a piston or lifter in the engine , the moral here is check ur water filter alot if u go into a milfoil lake it could cost u alot in the end like it will be costing me .

JimN
09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Milfoil is a big problem in the upper Midwest, mainly because too many people don't want/bother to clean their boats and trailers when they leave a body of water.

It's controllable, but people need to do what's on the signs at the lakes. From what I have seen personally, fishing boats are the biggest problem.

dapicatti
09-04-2008, 12:33 AM
It's all over the Northwest. Really out of control here, and you can't do anything about it because of the runoff and killing the fish in the rivers.....darn environmentalists...

SkiDog
09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
3/4 of lakes in minnesota have a dieses called milfoil which is a type of water weed that is uncontrolable right now , well i have taken my boat in many lakes here in minnesota and found out yesterday the hard way that little pieces of milfoil got sucked up in my boat and stopped right at the filter to go into the engine which plugged it up and not much water was getting into my engine but i couldnt tell cause it seemed to be running fine until i heard a pop then my engine wasnt running right at all i plus a piston or lifter in the engine , the moral here is check ur water filter alot if u go into a milfoil lake it could cost u alot in the end like it will be costing me .

Hey dr., have you EVER used your , . : ; ' " ? ! keys on your computer before? That was the hardest thing I've EVER tried to read in my LIFE! Chinese would be simplier to understand!:D:D:D

bigmac
09-04-2008, 01:05 PM
含时政、娱乐、体育、文化和社会新闻,并提供电邮及即时通信服务。主要服务北美华人群

he did use a period at the end of that sentence ;)

drbesvold1
09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Skidog Just For You Ill Use Caps So U Can See , I Know That Old Age Is Getting To You And You Cant See To Good Lol Jk Buddy

TX.X-30 fan
09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey dr., have you EVER used your , . : ; ' " ? ! keys on your computer before? That was the hardest thing I've EVER tried to read in my LIFE! Chinese would be simplier to understand!:D:D:D

PICKY BASTAGE!!!!