PDA

View Full Version : Going to Dallas - What's not to miss?

Willski
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Going to Dallas Thurs-Mon. Anythink I should be sure to see? We are actually going for a wedding on Sat., but taking the golf clubs. Any public courses that we should consider?

dooger
09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
In Dallas try to go see South Fork Ranch. I have heard its pretty cool. The Statues of Mustangs at Las Colinas are really neat to see. You might also go tour the infamous Book depository. I have visited the last two.

Also try to make it to Fort WOrth. The stockyards are nice, although very touristy; Billy Bobs is next door. Also the Amon Carter museum is nice; great American exhibitions. There is also the Cowgirl Hall Of Fame or museum cant recall. Been there with the children, it is small but interesting. If you do make it too Ft. Worth. Try stopping by El Rancho Grande on main street. One of the best Mexican restaurants around. The Carne Guisada is excellent.

THe Texas Rangers are playing at home. I think BoSox are in town. The temple in Arlington is beautiful. Even though the Rangers are on a losing(sp) streak. (Rangers did win one from the Mariners last night whoo hoo) Still a great game.

As for golf i play mainly at my "home" course in Azle. So not too familiar with courses in the metro area.

Sorry cant think of more to see in Dallas.

TMCNo1
09-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Golf clubs? Visit the local hookers!

justinglow
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
What part of Dallas are you going to be in?

Willski
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Golf clubs? Visit the local hookers!

Hookers and Slicers. Sounds like a good weekend.

Willski
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
What part of Dallas are you going to be in?

Staying at Doubletree Cambell center, near SMU I think.

ncsone
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
There is a great golf course called Cowboys golf club. I think it is a little on the $$$ expensive side, but everyone loves it. It is over next to lake Grapevine. From the golf course, you can drive around the corner to the Glass Cactus, which is a nice bar/restaurant on the lake. Both of the views there are nice. Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

coz
09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Hookers and Slicers. Sounds like a good weekend.

Don't forget the shanks :D

Harvey
09-03-2008, 09:25 PM
28 years in the area and here is what I can tell you, and it's not for a lack of knowledge:

- For golf in the area you are staying you have to see TOP GOLF (http://www.topgolf.com/), unless you are from the Chicago area in which case you can play anytime. As far as real golf in the area you are going to be in it is country clubs. If you are wanting to venture out there is a lot of reasonably priced golf.

- You really should see Dealey Plaza (http://www.jfk.org/) if you haven't ever been. It is a historical site and interesting.

- If you are looking for an interesting bar or restaurant let me know I can probably direct you.

I am really a Fort Worth guy so I know a ton of things to do there but Dallas is a little too snotty for me. In fact there really isn't much to do in Dallas but people watch and make fun of snotty people. They have some great restaurants and bars to do the above.

H20BOY
09-04-2008, 12:01 AM
If you have kids, the Fort Worth Zoo is expecptional. There is an aquarium in downtown Dallas, but I am not sure how good it is.

For Bars...Ghost Bar in the W hotel, hotel Zsa Zsa (sp??), for more casual go to primos

Cowboy golf Club is nice but I think around $150.

Restaurants...La Duni, Cuba Libre

G-man
09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
tour 18 can be interesting golf

tex
09-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Going to Dallas-What not to miss?-Cowtown!

Willski
09-05-2008, 08:38 PM

I thought the thing not to miss was drinking a martini with tex!

Willski
09-05-2008, 08:38 PM
tour 18 can be interesting golf

We played the Hills in Plano today. My wife's cousin is a member. Very nice.

Harvey
09-06-2008, 07:40 PM

D@mn straight!!!