PDA

View Full Version : Will pull you in Bak'o Cal!

betsy&david Harrison
08-11-2004, 02:13 PM
on vacation and need to ski too? Let us know when. Boat is a '93 PS Stars N Stripes. Sorry, old school, no PP. Yep, I drive an SUV with a MC sticker on my Sequoia. Boat is 1 1/2 hours away in its own garage by the lake, no need to pull it on the highway. Like I said we love to have people ski with us. Betsy :o

crdickey
09-03-2004, 05:03 PM
I some times work in Bakersfield and can easily pack my ski along, how often are you skiing in Bak'o? Where do you ski and how much notice do you need?

I've got a loaded '03 PS-197 but no course open on our lake yet this year, so I can only free ski. You're welcome down here any time to free ski and I can let you know when our course channel has enough water.

Chuck

crdickey@hotmail.com

betsy&david Harrison
09-03-2004, 07:49 PM
We ski every weekend through October that we can. Have you ever skied with Dave Stewart out in Elsinore? I know he used to frequent that place frequently before he move north. He skies with us now. His wife Mari is skiing the tournament out there this weekend. She has been getting mid way into 28 off. Pretty incredible.

The lakes are north on I-5. You take the exit for Arvin. It is called ___?__ east. You take that road which turns itself into Wheeler Ridge Rd 13mi to the big power lines crossing the road. Turn left here and it is called Millux Rd. We are all the way down the road and then down the single lane path. Through the gate and we are the 2nd lake, 7th Heaven. (I'll remember the name of the stinking road and send it...getting old sucks)

I don't need much notice at all. Send me an email at harrisonb3415@yahoo.com

crdickey
09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Ever ski during the week? My weekends are booked with my little girl, 6 years old and she's up on doubles and crossing both wakes!

Really looking to get more course time somewhere, anywhere and willing to bring my boat but need to do it during the week. Any ideas?

Don't know Dave Stewart.

John B
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Chuck,
I do have a course in Big Bear,and I would be more then happy to pull you.The only problem is, the wind blows almost ever morning as 8:45AM. So we ski from 7 to 9 everyday you are welcome to come join us.
One other thing it is a little cool, air temp. at 6:30 this morning was 45 degrees. Water temp. where the course is 62 degrees. It has gone up last week it was 57 degrees.

betsy&david Harrison
09-29-2004, 06:00 PM
We are headed out this weekend...Oct1-3. Water is great..food is great...drinks are great...skiing is great...what in the he.. are you wait'in for? Betsy

André
09-29-2004, 08:06 PM
I don't know what he is waiting for...I would be there in a minute to ski Bakersfield!

Ryan
03-22-2005, 02:37 AM
betsy&david!

Is that your house on page 30 of WaterSki magazine?!? I can't imagine there are a whole lot of lakes out there in Arvin.

I talked to you a few months ago. If you guys are up and running my ski buddy and I would love to give your course a few runs. Especially since I've never been on a course!

Let me know.

Jim
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I some times work in Bakersfield and can easily pack my ski along, how often are you skiing in Bak'o? Where do you ski and how much notice do you need?

I've got a loaded '03 PS-197 but no course open on our lake yet this year, so I can only free ski. You're welcome down here any time to free ski and I can let you know when our course channel has enough water.

Chuck

crdickey@hotmail.com

Chuck,

How's the water level and water temp. at Lake Elisnore? Full suit or springer. I heard the lake is really full. Has MC opened up the channel?

Leroy
03-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I hear you André, where is the nearest airport we must have business there some weekend.

This is really nice of you Betsy and David.

I don't know what he is waiting for...I would be there in a minute to ski Bakersfield!

86PowerSlot190MC
03-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Chuck,

How's the water level and water temp. at Lake Elisnore? Full suit or springer. I heard the lake is really full. Has MC opened up the channel?

Last week I was down there and the lake was closed!! It's now too full, both ramps are under water!!!

Jim
03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Last week I was down there and the lake was closed!! It's now too full, both ramps are under water!!!

Wow! Thats incredible! Last October my depth finder registered less than 4 ft at the West Marina launch. Less than 10 ft in the center. It's amazing how that lake goes up and down.

betsy&david Harrison
03-30-2005, 09:58 AM
We are back out in Bakersfield skiing again. Ryan is, I think coming out this weekend (April 2). I won't be skiing for awhile yet. Letting the second elbow surgery heal up. Let me know if you are interested! Betsy :wavey:

betsy&david Harrison
04-02-2005, 10:13 AM
The next time we will be out at the lake will be April 16/17 and the weekend after that. Ryan...which one do you want? Betsy

betsy&david Harrison
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Sorry I didn't answer that one about the airport... Bakersfield Municipal is about 20 to 30 min. North of us. We have picked people up before..no problem!

48111skier
07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Betsy

I'll be moving to the Bakersfield area shortly. I hear that there are quite a few ski lakes in Arvin. Do any of them sell memberships or are they just for home owners? Any info on skiing in the area would be great.

Thanks
Cam

betsy&david Harrison
07-14-2005, 10:00 PM
There is a lake that sells memberships..we call it the sespool! There is still a place for sale out there on the lake in front of it. The guy wants 200K for it. It has a big modular on it but the dock needs replacing. Other wise it is on a great lake. The people on it take good care of it. We will be up at our site on the 30th and 31st with Ryan and JohnB. If you can make the trip let me know. It would be a great opportunity for you to check the places out. B

betsy&david Harrison
07-24-2005, 09:48 PM
We are having the boat dialed in for the weekend. Are you still coming up? B

John B
07-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Betsy,
Yes, it is looking like me and my friend Greg will be there on Saturday.I'm still working on trying to get one more to go.
I will let you know on Thursday what the plans are. :wavey:

betsy&david Harrison
07-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi Betsy,
Yes, it is looking like me and my friend Greg will be there on Saturday.I'm still working on trying to get one more to go.
I will let you know on Thursday what the plans are. :wavey:
Sounds great! We had the entire lake to ourselves this weekend. I'm pretty sure it was because of Regionals and the heat index. It was pretty darn hot out there. Looks like we will head up Friday after we pick the boat up. It is getting the new steering cable, fuel sender, fuel pump, and something else. Should purr like a kitten. I skied crappy but that will change. Come up Friday if you want.

John B
07-24-2005, 10:49 PM
I was at great lakes yesterday with the Wetset club and I skied a little crappy too. :mad:
The water there is allot slower then the water here in Big Bear.
I was told that your water is even slower.

betsy&david Harrison
07-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I was at great lakes yesterday with the Wetset club and I skied a little crappy too. :mad:
The water there is allot slower then the water here in Big Bear.
I was told that your water is even slower.
Did you run into Shelly and Clarence out there? They are a part of that club and have a place on our lake too.

John B
07-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes, I did that is when I was told that your water will be slower

betsy&david Harrison
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Yes, I did that when I was told that your water will be slower
It is pretty dense and slow. You definetly have to pull longer and complete your turn patiently. Shelly is a really good skier. She skies better than Clarence. I just couldn't find the groove today. Not edge changing, not finishing my turn, ect...

Ryan
07-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm coming - Looks like just me and my wife. Still 50/50 on the kids - naps. We are goibng to head up Saturday am and then spend Sat night in Palmdale with my parents.

I am really excited to do this! Mainly to get some correctional pointers from you guys. We took the boat up to Isabella last weekend, and I'm really excited to drive faster without the trailer.

betsy&david Harrison
07-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey Ryan,

Been wait'n to hear from you. We do have tons of room for the napping issue. Your kids will have a great time. It is just weather you and your wife want a "date" day without them! ;) Mine are old enough now that they just disappear with friends or play in the lake all day. I have a funny picture of them covered head to toe in mud from the other day. If you want...you can both spend the night on Sat. so you can make the drive over Tehachapi in the morning. They have been getting hammered up there in the evening with storms. Lots of Emer. broadcast warnings for the area this past weekend. Think about it. We could have a great party on Sat. eve. with John, Greg, you two, and a few others. :woohoo:

privatelakerelic
07-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow new people up here at 7th Heaven. I think it will be fun. I want to appoligize for the pond as the temps have been pretty extreme. 92 at my dock today but we should be having a cooling trend. We had 17 days over 105 and .... well lets just say we are having a few water quality problems. Hi Betsy I finally logged on to your site. And I actually registered. Hope your happy and I really like my user name. Says it all. To the interested, I be the neighbor to the North of their spot and I am sure I will meet all of you this weekend. Ski Ya Then :banana:

André
07-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Wasn't it your birthday last week ?
Welcome to the board !
Betsy told us that you make 41 off look like 15.Any tips ?

betsy&david Harrison
07-26-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm shortening you to PLR! I see that we may get down to 99 by Sunday. See you on Friday, probably early eve. Oh, BTW...welcome!! B Now maybe David will post...doubt it. How about Margies on Friday or Sat. night?

betsy&david Harrison
07-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Wasn't it your birthday last week ?
Welcome to the board !
Betsy told us that you make 41 off look like 15.Any tips ?
That would be another guy that is my age. I'm hoping he will be able to make it out to the lake so John and Ryan and others could benefit from it. PLR is also a great skier and can tell you how to ski properly. He has given me some very valuable tips...like lead with your d$#*! I keep tell'n him I ain't got one of those!

betsy&david Harrison
07-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I figured that since it is nearing the weekend...

Bring water, breakfast, lunch, meat to BBQ(for you) on Fri/Sat, beer and some munchies. I'll do the rest for dinners. Do Margies sound good? If not now, when you hit the heat they will :D

privatelakerelic
07-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Betsy you are telling everybody the secret. Maybe you should just say pull from the hip or the groin or keep your hands low or something other than the true secret of slalom skiing.

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Are you and the Ms. having dinner with us on Friday or Sat? And...come ski with us too.

rodltg2
07-28-2005, 12:17 AM
betsy, will you be skiiing at your lake this weekend? i will be porterville meeting the girlfrinds parents.

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Yep and so is Ryan and JohnB/bud Greg, Privatelakerelic, and...YOU! Very cool! Do you need directions?

privatelakerelic
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Friday be good as we are supposed to go to the races at Mesa with Mr. Mark on Saturday. Kaplan came up today and took his boat he be going to San Antonia this weekend but we both took two passes each. Fun fun fun. ( he could not belive how hot the water was. )

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Privatelakerelic...these boys think I'm cute... :purplaugh got em fooled don't I!

Hillbillytoober
07-28-2005, 12:25 AM
ms betsy yall hav a toobin cours on yer lake. im hopin to set a new toobin recerd. you aint got them pulleys on yer curse do u?

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I think Privatelakerelic set a toobn record with me last weekend. He claims I did an aerial cartwheel at one point. As for that hokey course..nah, I got the real deal. Just hard to ski when the water is soooo hot.

Hillbillytoober
07-28-2005, 12:31 AM
wel i bean practisin reel hard like. me think i can toob 43 feat off can yer boat handl it?

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:33 AM
You'd be moon'n me at that distance or the lack of it. :eek:

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Friday be good as we are supposed to go to the races at Mesa with Mr. Mark on Saturday. Kaplan came up today and took his boat he be going to San Antonia this weekend but we both took two passes each. Fun fun fun. ( he could not belive how hot the water was. )
Friday...steak or chicken?

privatelakerelic
07-28-2005, 12:45 AM
Steak and chocolate cake with way too many beers. Vic is not too happy with me adding cake to the menu. Here is a thought, pick up some Fridays Mud slide mix and I will bring down the blender. Tasty

rodltg2
07-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Yep and so is Ryan and JohnB/bud Greg, Privatelakerelic, and...YOU! Very cool! Do you need directions?

id love to stop by! what time? sat or sun? lakes are in arvin right? what can i bring?

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Steak and chocolate cake with way too many beers. Vic is not too happy with me adding cake to the menu. Here is a thought, pick up some Fridays Mud slide mix and I will bring down the blender. Tasty
I'll make David's favorite chocolate sour cream cake...from scratch and I'll pick up the Mudslide mix when I shop today. Good thing we're not making the trip today...big rig wreck and fire have the 5 shut down.

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
id love to stop by! what time? sat or sun? lakes are in arvin right? what can i bring?
Come by on Sat. that is when everyone will be there. If you plan on eating with us then bring something to BBQ. I'm doing potatoes and salad and now cake by the looks of it! Beer is good, water, lunch ect... Oh..your ski and stuff duh! Best way to come? The 65 south or head out to the 5 South to Bear Mountain. Head east to the Wheeler Ridge Rd. sign. Go 2 miles south on Wheeler Ridge. Turn right onto Millux Rd. (If you get to Creekside you have gone too far.) Take Millux all the way down to where the road turns into one narrow lane and continue to the gate. Code is 3615. Pass the first lake entrance (Precision Lake) and turn onto the second lake rd (7th Heaven) and we are the third building..grey and white. Welcome!

John B
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Betsy,
Right now it is looking like we will be flying up on Saturday morning.
We will rent a car at the airport. Greg is checking about the car rental today.
Right on it looks like it will be just me and Greg.
The third that might go is Scott,he is the one with that nice camera.
He has in-laws coming this weekend and he not sure that his wife will let him off his leash.
If we do fly,we will do a flyover, and give a wing wag to let you know when where in the neighborhood.
I do have your cell number and the number to open the gate if it is the same as last year.
See you Saturday. :woohoo:

rodltg2
07-28-2005, 02:25 PM
ok , thank you i will try and make it. i do have to make a showing in porterville around 1pm. will you be out in the morning?

Ryan
07-28-2005, 02:37 PM
We are going to take advantage of my mom and leave the kids in Palmdale. The heat was a bit much for our 4 month old. We'll stay in Palmdale Friday and probably get up to Arvin around 9:00am and head back late Saturday afternoon or night. I'll let you know by tomorrow if we'll be able to stay for dinner.

We don't get to see my family much (there's nothing skiable in Palmdale), so we should spend some time with them since we'll be that close.

John which airport are you flying into?

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
JohnB and Ryan, we will see you Sat. The gate code is the same..3615 and the tele is 805 766 1781

Rodltg2...Hope you make it. Should be a good time.

betsy&david Harrison
07-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I'll prove to those coming...you can have your cake...and eat it too! A yummy chocolate sour cream layer cake...I truly did make it :D I hope it makes it to Sat.

Ryan
08-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks to a great host and hostess (or as my wife used to say, "the girl I met in a chat room"). My wife and I had a great time hanging out and learning from some very experienced skiers. How am I ever supposed to ski on public water again? With JohnB & Greg, and Lake Relic we had our own little TMC party. Probably the closest thing to a So. west coast reunion. You guys are a lot of fun!

We'll start with me - humbled - my free skiing confidence looks like garbage on a course. My first time and I've got some new tricks to work on. '15 off 32mph and could only get 2.

Ryan
08-01-2005, 01:54 AM
JohnB .

Ryan
08-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Betsy's other half - David.

Ryan
08-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Betsy suiting up . Oh, and another leg. ;)

Ryan
08-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Betsy tearing it up.

Ryan
08-01-2005, 02:02 AM
Watch out for the flying fish! I guess that's where the dead one came from.

betsy&david Harrison
08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Ryan.. what great pics! I should have asked you what camera you had. I tried to get a few pics on Sun. but my camera is too slow! The fish thing...how funny is that?!!

stevo137
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Great pics!
Great to see people getting together from the forum.
Betsy, that wouldn't be your Airhead tube on the shore would it??? :D

ski_king
08-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Great pictures!
The picture with the fish is too funny.

I always wondered about the hazards of skiing on a catfish farm.

BriEOD
08-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Really cool guys!! JB looks right at home. Betsy what's up with the leg sleeve? :confused:

privatelakerelic
08-01-2005, 07:49 PM
ok , thank you i will try and make it. i do have to make a showing in porterville around 1pm. will you be out in the morning?
what happened to you on Saturday?

rodltg2
08-01-2005, 08:42 PM
when i brought it up to my girlfirned on friday night , the look on her face was frightning. it was her weeknd to introduce me to the family. i think trying to squeeze in skiing was a little selfish. next time for sure.

betsy&david Harrison
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Really cool guys!! JB looks right at home. Betsy what's up with the leg sleeve? :confused:
I'm a spray Wus! There I said it...I'm out of the closet. I'm the Princess in the Princess in the Pea story when it comes to that spray. OUCH! I can't even concentrate on skiing and I have tried several times to ski without it. Oh well, I have a fault. I'm real I guess.

John B
08-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I had a great time,and yes Brian,I felt right at home. :D
Betsy & David are great hosts,and great people. :headbang:
Thank you so much for having us up for the weekend.
It was nice to put some faces to some names.
Ryan I would like to ski with you again, and give you some more pointers.
Betsy,David,Terry, I would love to ski with you again and get more some pointers.
Thank you again for a great weekend!! :toast:

rodltg2
08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
whens the next time you will be out there betsy? i really want to check that place out and ski with you guys. and get some pointers!

betsy&david Harrison
08-02-2005, 05:47 PM
We may not be heading out to the lake for a few weeks. We are headed up north to Lake Britton...just east of Shasta, this weekend for about 4 or 5 days then we head south to Hornor's lake for a tournament with the Far West Waterski Club. Then I go back to work on the 18th of Aug. So, maybe the weekend of the 20th. You are more than welcome to head on down and stay with us. You may want to think about skiing the tournament at Hornor's. It is just a fun tourney with lots of funny people and many of them ski very well. I think it is out near Fresno area. We will have our boat with us but won't be able to put it on their lake due to insurance reasons. I'll have to look it up on the map for the exact location.

betsy&david Harrison
08-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Just found the info...it is in Kerman, Ca. It is the 99South to the 145/Kerman exit. Left at the light. First right on Hwy 145 (south) go 15mi and turn right on Hwy 180. Turn right on Napa Rd (about 9 mi)(right after the golf course). Travel down dirt road for aprox 1 mi.

So, maybe we will see you around Aug. 13 and 14. If not then, then around the 20th.

rodltg2
08-02-2005, 05:59 PM
i dont think i am a tournament level skier. plus i dont want to ski 36.
it sounds fun to check out though!

betsy&david Harrison
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
We have a Novice division that you would ski in. You start at whatever speed you like. Not too shabby huh? I told you this is just a FWWC tourney and it is for fun! Fun prizes after too. Great party on Sat. night to go along with. Didn't get to party much last Sat. night.

rodltg2
08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
i am 22 off, few at 28 skier but at 34. ive never tried 36. im actually going to give it a whirl today at 15off.

Ryan
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Give me a year and I might be up for something like that. It sounds like the INT league.

privatelakerelic
08-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Looking at your profile your are almost out of 36 mph so no big deal. 36 is overrated. I know in usa water ski your top speed is 34 when you turn 35. When I was competing I could not wait to be 35 so I could slow down. Now I am 54 and I still ski at 34, so you have a lot to look forward too. Ski Ya

privatelakerelic
08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Great pictures!
The picture with the fish is too funny.

I always wondered about the hazards of skiing on a catfish farm.
Actually the flying fish don't bother anyone, it is the dead ones that are floating that seem to be a problem .... It takes a while for the wind to blow them to the shore where the turkey buzzards take care of them. Hitting one of them one your run is highly unlikely.

John B
08-02-2005, 10:17 PM
then we head south to Hornor's lake for a tournament with the Far West Waterski Club. You may want to think about skiing the tournament at Hornor's. It is just a fun tourney with lots of funny people and many of them ski very well. I think it is out near Fresno area. We will have our boat with us but won't be able to put it on their lake due to insurance reasons. I'll have to look it up on the map for the exact location.

Where is Hornor's Lake ??

rodltg2
08-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Looking at your profile your are almost out of 36 mph so no big deal. 36 is overrated. I know in usa water ski your top speed is 34 when you turn 35. When I was competing I could not wait to be 35 so I could slow down. Now I am 54 and I still ski at 34, so you have a lot to look forward too. Ski Ya

i think i will stick to 34. i liked the pull going from ball to ball but could not slow the ski down going around it. needless to say i didnt run it . after slowing the boat back to 34 it flet like a walk in the park.

betsy&david Harrison
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
John: Where is Hornor's Lake? It is in Kerman, Ca. Look at post 68 on pg 7 for directions.

Hey Rod, You would do great in the tournament. It will be a gas of a time. Make yourself "Just Do It!" It is just a fun club tourney. You will have a great time with the rest of us.

betsy&david Harrison
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Give me a year and I might be up for something like that. It sounds like the INT league.
It is just a club tourney. Not connected to the INT. But the INT is going to have one of its tournaments at Hornor's on August 27th.

rodltg2
08-04-2005, 04:15 PM
is that the lake featured in thios months waterski mag.?

betsy&david Harrison
08-04-2005, 08:45 PM
is that the lake featured in thios months waterski mag.?
I'm not sure but it is just west of Fresno. Will we see you?

betsy&david Harrison
08-17-2005, 08:49 PM
A pic of JohnB skiing in Bako. :dance:

betsy&david Harrison
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
John, what do you think?

shepherd
08-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Nice form John! :worthy:

John B
08-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Well the pull looks good,but I'm late very late and the ski should be on edge more.
It looks like I started pulling early. :D

48111skiier
09-16-2005, 11:13 AM
So what's the season like in the Bakersfield area? You guys ski year round? I was delayed in moving out there and won't be there until the first of October. Hope I haven't missed all the skiing for the year.

Cam

privatelakerelic
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
People do ski here year around but the months of December and January are rather hazzardous because of the Tule Fog. It gets so dense that you cannot see more than 30 feet sometimes. We will ski this weekend and probably until Thanksgiving without wet suits or dry suits. After that the water will really cool off because of the depth of the ponds. I won't start up again until the water hits 60 around the end of March.

betsy&david Harrison
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
So what's the season like in the Bakersfield area? You guys ski year round? I was delayed in moving out there and won't be there until the first of October. Hope I haven't missed all the skiing for the year.

Cam
Well, we were the only boat on the water this weekend and it was wonderful. I first went out with a spring suit and quickly discovered I didn't need it yet. Once I got used to the temp it was really nice. I asked privatelakerelic about the price and dates of the new lake being dug behind us and the date is up in the air, the price maybe around 80k, and there is a website you can go to ... gheinrich@heinrichconstruction.com...good luck! When you come out give us a buzz so you can ski and check things out. We will be in the area on Oct 1 and 2. B

Jim
09-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, we were the only boat on the water this weekend and it was wonderful. I first went out with a spring suit and quickly discovered I didn't need it yet. Once I got used to the temp it was really nice. I asked privatelakerelic about the price and dates of the new lake being dug behind us and the date is up in the air, the price maybe around 80k, and there is a website you can go to ... gheinrich@heinrichconstruction.com...good luck! When you come out give us a buzz so you can ski and check things out. We will be in the area on Oct 1 and 2. B

Were doing a boy's trip to Buena vista this Sun-Tues. Really looking foward to an empty Monday and Tuesday. Whats the water temp in your area? Seems like the outdoor temps are below average for this time of the year.

betsy&david Harrison
09-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Were doing a boy's trip to Buena vista this Sun-Tues. Really looking foward to an empty Monday and Tuesday. Whats the water temp in your area? Seems like the outdoor temps are below average for this time of the year.
I'm going to guess the water temp aprox 65 but the air temp in the am is in the 50's so bring warm clothes for dawn and dusk hours and cool clothes for the day. We are supposed to get some tropical weather coming in and that could change things drastically. Good lake to Skyski on! I wanted to Skyski on Sat. but we can't on our lake because of the depth. Have a great time skiing and playing. B

rodltg2
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
skiied one of the lakes there in bako yesterday i think it was north lake. those lakes are awesome!