PDA

View Full Version : BF 200 Trailer Guide Poles

woftam
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I recently purchased a project boat, a 1994 BF 200 with galvanized trailer. The trailer came w/o guide poles. Iím interested in replacing them. The hardware for receiving the tubes is in place and in good condition, on the trailer. They were just taken off at some point. After researching here on Team Talk, it seems I have a few options:
1. Purchase and install aftermarket guide poles (generally a clamp-on style).
2. Have guide poles fabricated out of galvanized 1 ĹĒ tubing. The tubing will need to be cut to length, bent to the correct angle, then Iíll need to add PVC/Caps/Pads, and attach to the trailer in the stock receiver fittings.

Iíd prefer to utilize the original set-up. Iíve attached a couple of pictures I found while searching around. As an example, it looks like the bend from a 2007 TT 197 trailer is similar to guide poles on a BF 200 trailer. Does anyone have any info on compatibility?

That failing, can anyone with a stock MC trailer for a BF 200 provide me with dimensions for the guide poles (height, angle of the bend, height from the bottom at which the bend starts)?

Many thanks in advance, Jeff

woftam
08-28-2008, 07:04 PM
BTW, Here is a pic of the boat and trailer. This is after many hours of cleaning, wet sanding, compounding, and waxing. Also replaced the brakes and replaced the running lights. Still lots of work to do, but the hull is sound, the trailer is sound, and the engine runs well.

atlfootr
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Congrats Jeff on your fine selection in MC's!

Welcome to Team Talk, MasterCraft owners from all over the USA and welcome to the World of Barefoot Skiing.

Do us MC BF200 owners proud !
Post often (pictures are a welcomed sight) and ask lots of questions, we're all here to help.

Plenty of other BF 200 owners and a wealth of knowledge from everyone else on board.

flipper
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I'd say take your pics to a shop, and they should be able to get it close for you. Shouldn't cost that much either. I don't have PVC on mine, just the MC pads from the pro shop. They have foam in them.

Footin
08-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice ride, I had a 91 and it was a great boat.

atlfootr
08-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I've got ALL the Part # and Description Names of the front tongue assembly in hand for the trailer.
Also have exploded view of winch assembly / parts and info.
Tilt Mechanism of Sport Tilt Helm as well .... :rolleyes:

It's currently raining and thundering, after it stops I'll go out and measure mine. :D

woftam
08-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks all for the welcome.

Thanks also atlfootr. I appreciate the measurements. Take your time and do it when the weather is right. No rush on my end.
I've seen many pics of your boat. Beautiful ! Mine will never measure up, but we'll have fun with it anyway.

BTW, this is a return to MasterCraft for me. I'm dating myself here, but I competed (3 event) extensively in the late 70's and early 80's. Did a fair amout of barefooting and a bit of show skiing too. I had a series of S&S's back in the day.

atlfootr
08-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Hopefully you took many pictures throughout the years, we'd :love: to see what they looked like.:dance:
Maybe tomorrow morning regarding measurements / photos, the rain's still coming down pretty hard.

ProTour X9
08-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Stalag 13!!:):)