PDA

View Full Version : Windsheiled Frame Metal Flake Chipping?

Memphis Mastercraft
08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
What can I do to touch up the eye sore were the black is chipping off on the frame. It shows bare aluminum and sticks out. I did not know if there is something good to touch up the spots. Any help or advice will be alot of help. Thanks

TMCNo1
08-28-2008, 09:27 AM
What can I do to touch up the eye sore were the black is chipping off on the frame. It shows bare aluminum and sticks out. I did not know if there is something good to touch up the spots. Any help or advice will be alot of help. Thanks

A mixture of flat and semi gloss black Krylon spray paint, sprayed into one of the lids, mixed good as a touch up and brushed on, after you sand lightly with 1500 wet /dry, feathering the edges, then cleaning with a solvent. You may have to adjust the mixture a bit to match. Or, you can lightly spray with alternating coats of semi-gloss and flat, or if they are real small chips, Permanent Magic Marker/Sharpie can suffice.

BrianM
08-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I have used the TMCNo1 method and it works great.

east tx skier
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Automobile touch up paint works well, too, but is not invisible when you're up close. Easy to apply though.