PDA

View Full Version : ipod adaper for Clarion stereo

mcskier
08-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Have an 08 Prostar 197 and I just bought the Clarion ipod hookup. Has anyone here done anything fancy to install it? I'm thinking just a small hole in one of the passenger side cup holders by the glove box will do the trick, but I know there are folks with better ideas out there.
Thanks!

ncsone
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I just took an extra iPod and velcro'd it to the underside of the glove box. I could not ever come up with a place to put it where i was comfortable drilling a hole.

Now, I can just connect it in and stick it to the GB and it is ready to go.

jgarner
08-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I have an 08 X2 and I drilled a hole in my glovebox right in front of the radio and used some rubber grommets to clean up the look. Very pleased with it so far and the location seems to be working out very well.

bturner2
08-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I used the smallest grommet that the wire from the iPOD cable would fit through without binding. I then drilled a hole in the glove box next to the radio and installed the cable with about 1' of slack (had to use a razor blade to slit the grommet, then glued it into place). Having the slack allows us to pull the cable out to adjust/connect the iPOD. Works great and looks good too. Also allows you to get the cable end out of the way so it doesn't get damaged by junk in the glove box.

btriantos
08-28-2008, 12:11 PM
My sphincter got a little tight drilling a hole in anything. SO...I figured, the ipod connection is a "fire and forget" hook up. Once it's connected, there is no real reason to have direct access to it, since you can no longer control it except from the stereo/remotes. The velcro under the glove box did not work for long for the Clarion box, so I tie wrapped i to wire assm in front of the glove box. From there I took a few more tie wraps (with the ipod cable) and sent them foward over the amps. There is where I used velcro to place the ipod (in front of the amps). Easy access, out of the way, not as much heat, and it works great.

atlfootr
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I've said it a million times already :uglyhamme