PDA

View Full Version : Slalom ski help

CPlane Pilot
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Looking for suggestions for a slalom ski for my 6 yr. old niece. She has really progressed this summer and the ski she has now is holding her back. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jimmauburn
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Don't know if you want to venture back to get your niece a ski but my 13 yr old skied on an older Kidder Redline for years and it was a very good ski ?? I also have an 8 yr old girl who has been skiing on that same Kidder for two years so I have more than gotten my money's worth out of it ?? Connelly is making some really good skis for kids also. Just a thought ??

TX.X-30 fan
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Get her a wakeboard.

CPlane Pilot
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Don't know if you want to venture back to get your niece a ski but my 13 yr old skied on an older Kidder Redline for years and it was a very good ski ?? I also have an 8 yr old girl who has been skiing on that same Kidder for two years so I have more than gotten my money's worth out of it ?? Connelly is making some really good skis for kids also. Just a thought ??

Great minds think alike. I have and old redline as well and thought that would be perfect performance wise, however the problem I have is finding something along those lines in an appropriate length. She 65lbs. and 4+ feet tall.

Jimmauburn
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
The ski my daughter was (8yr old is) skiing on was 64" and had a small boot on it ?? She has progressed wonderfully on it and is getting a new ski for Christmas this year. She is going from that Redline that as she said "is killing my feet" to a New Connelly SP with Nova bindings. I guess it is really looking to she is here now and letting her progress to ????? My oldest has ALWAYS wanted to ski and I want her to go as far as she wants to take it ?? Hate to waste alot of money on any other ski..... I started on a Jobe and then moved to HO and had several Kidder skis so let her start on that ski and work her way up ?? You can find short youth and other skis on Ebay at really good prices for the beginner to intermediate skier ??

nascar
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Not mine , There was a 64 kidder redline ski on the Winston Salem , NC Craigs List a few days ago . It even has MC sticker already on it . I do not think it stated what size the bindings are . Looked good in the picture . $125 call John at 336-4800027 or search NC Craigs list .

atlfootr
08-27-2008, 08:47 AM
:( No help here, soles only :D

2RLAKE
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey need some help for my wife ... she needs a new ski. Here a pix from couple weeks ago .... complete with a pink shower cap (local joke). She currently has a 65" Connelly Concept but needs something more agressive ... she doesn't like my Monza. She skiis hard, but still a little timid of cutting though the wake hard ... she took a bad spill in '98 and dislocated her hip ... any recommendations???

DLR17
03-18-2009, 02:26 AM

I'm 15 and have been skiing on an older model Kidder Redline since i first got up on 1. it is easy to learn basic slalom on and is still good for skiers that are starting to get a little bit more aggressive when slaloming.