PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wakeboard Tour

mrcrowson
04-28-2005, 09:15 PM
My wife and I will be heading out to the Orlando Pro Wakeboard Tour this Saturday and I was wondering If any other Team Members would be going?

:dance: :toast:

jsonova99
04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
My wife and I will be heading out to the Orlando Pro Wakeboard Tour this Saturday and I was wondering If any other Team Members would be going?

I'm thinking about it, do you have any details on it?

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 11:20 PM

:rolleyes: Nope, can't do it.

mrcrowson
04-29-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm thinking about it, do you have any details on it?

If you want to reserve some tickets for you, then go here
LIQUID SPORTS (http://www.liquidsportsmarine.com/RSVP.htm) Liquid Sports is the local MC dealer.

If you want info on the TOUR you can go here
http://www.prowakeboardtour.com/index.jsp

Look Us Up. :wavey:

MYMC
04-29-2005, 08:08 AM
I'll be there...along with Guinness Book of World Records holder Maeghan Major.

mrcrowson
04-29-2005, 08:17 AM
:toast: Sweet, Look me up. Will you be sitting in the MC VIP section?

MYMC
04-29-2005, 08:37 AM
She will be on the water and the podium (fingers crossed)...I will be around the VIP section.

ski_king
04-29-2005, 08:54 AM
I'll be there...along with Guinness Book of World Records holder Maeghan Major.
MYMC, you got my curiosity up. I know Maeghan has many wins and titles to credit. But what Guinness Record does she hold?

Good Luck Maeghan!

Ski-A-Rees
04-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Our club's main wakeboarder can't ski right know, so I doubt anyone from Ski-a-rees will be there. We are hosting a "Spring Fling" Wakeboard comp the flowing saturday if anyone is interested! www.skiarees.com for more info!

MYMC
04-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Ahhhh, you should play the "Free Stuff" contests over at my site! ;)

To answer your question, she co-holds (with Tara Hamilton) the record for "most titles held in a single season” These are "major" event titles i.e. X-Games, Masters and the like. She qualified for the title with her 2000 season. Tara made it in 1998. Tara also holds the record for most wins in a season 28 (out of 29!) that same year. Given the fact that WSM seems completely uninterested in women’s events it is likely these records will stand for the foreseeable future.

All this seems like one of the largest marketing blunders in water sports history; why? Because women’s wakeboards are the number one selling board lines for both Hyperlite and Liquid Force. In the case of Hyperlite the women’s line outsells all the “pro” models combined!

I’ll step away from the soap box now…this stuff really gets me going…sorry.