PDA

View Full Version : this is driving me nuts

steve mc
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
i have a 2005 x-45
the boat runs fine .
but the eletrical does not work no gauges no pumps no stereo
i replaced the ignation and the computer still nothing but every once in awile the gauges and everything works great you can take the key out after you shut the motor off and the motor will still run until you turn the battery off does anyone have a wire diagram for this boat
steve

Monte
08-22-2008, 08:54 PM
It sounds like you have a short somewhere. You replaced the ignition and the computer?

JimN
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Isn't it under warranty?

steve mc
08-22-2008, 08:59 PM
yes replaced both and no warrenty thats what it sounds like to me as well but a boat wiring diagram would be great
steve

Monte
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I would start by checking the main hotwire to the switch panel. As well as the ground. Just trace those. I would start at the ignition switch. Maybe the remote wire is the suspect.

Chief
08-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Check the wires at the battery. I believe there are two or three wires that attach to the wing nut post. I had lost my gauges imtermittent and found the wires were not tight on the post.

JimN
08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Why is there no warranty?

Who winterized and summerized it? Are there any spare ground wires at the battery? Any new accessories installed just before this started?

You have something that's feeding voltage back into the ignition lead, either because of a short or because something that should be grounded isn't, but is able to try to ground itself on another wire, which is then feeding the purple wires. Who installed the stereo and other accessories and what does the wiring look like- rat's nest or neat?