PDA

View Full Version : My Mayor???

coz
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Not for long the way this fool conducts business :mad: I'm fuming this morning :mad: The mayor of the city I live in has had issues for the 2 years I've been in AZ. This state has the toughest penalities for drunk driving in the nation and they spend alot of money to try to detere, including my city, with check points all over and long jail time and they even post your picture in the paper and on the internet when convicted of DD, so it looks like the Mayor of Gilbert has a family friend who has 2 prior DD convictions and this is his 3rd with a fatality :mad: He has written a letter (the Mayor) to the judge asking for probation instead of prison and he did this on city time and letter head. That ain't f-n right, I hope this is the last f-up this man has as the Mayor because I'm sick of this fool. What a hypocrytical slap in the face of the victims family :mad:

What are your thoughts? you know mine.

Gilbert Mayor supports convicted drunk driver in letter http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a3fbe0d2-9ff2-4431-875c-da9012ac08fc

wakeX2wake
08-22-2008, 10:51 AM
My childhood godfather is the District Attorney of the area i grew up in... I'd love for you to ask him about what he'd do in this situation... he was asked by a state Senator and Representative of the area to not go after a 28 yr old who killed two girls and critically injured a son and mother... needless to say Jim went for the jugular... he convicted the guy on 2 counts of vehicular homicide and 2 counts of assault w/ a deadly weapon... i don't know much but i know i am totally behind him on this... it's one thing to say well it was a car accident but when you're traveling fast enough through a residential area to kill 2 AND you're drunk... no excuse... i know i'd run an anti-campaign for the mayor next election... that is nothing but pure abuse of power and privilege... you can always have a Van Wilder type protest outside the court house on his sentencing date... a judge may not be an elected position but all he's got to do is get wind that there's a public outcry and he'll stick to his morals no matter how good of a friend he is w/ the mayor

dummy
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Ya know, I'd fully expect some **** like that out here in California or even back in Mass where I'm originally from, but I'm suprised to hear of that happening in AZ. I always sort of viewed you guys like a smaller version of Texas. (wear a side arm, chain gangs, shoot a criminal, etc.)

Sherriff Joe in your area or is that just Phoenix? I'd stir the pot a bit - news, e-mail, write the Governor, your state representatives, etc. Especially since you have kids. God forbid this a-hole or somebody like him takes out somebody you care about next time.

SkiDog
08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I say send them both to jail, Sherriff Joes jail! I'm sure there's got to be some kind of talk radio program there in your city. Put it on there and let the citizens hang the f---ing mayor! $100. says he don't get reelected!

ProTour X9
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
The Mayor of Detroit is a joke too, Kilpatrick or whatever his name is.

6ballsisall
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
The Mayor of Detroit is a joke too, Kilpatrick or whatever his name is.

U beat me to it........I was thinking we outta get the Mayor of Detroit, Coz's mayor, and the mayor of Houston all together at the same time. Should make for a great pow-wow. A meeting of the minds if you will.........:rolleyes:

Prostar Rich
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Coz,

Unfortunately the crime of DD has a lot of politics involved on all levels. I agree with you 100% that the mayor is completely wrong and I would imagine if this story is available in the mainstream media his political career will be over. We had a very similiar case that happend in Chicago recently. Chicago cop off duty drinking gets into an accident and kills two people. This cop was not charged with DUI. The victims families are outraged. Now this week the bar where this cop was drinking releases the security tape showing the cop drinking and downing 4 shots before leaves the bar and causes the fatal accident. How can this happen? If it was you or me we would have already been jailed and have a very high bond. I find it interesting that MADD hasn't been on the media blitz on his case. Maybe a double standard?

Prostar Rich

atlfootr
08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm currently on hold w/ the coz's Mayor's Office ...:rolleyes:

coz
08-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Ya know, I'd fully expect some **** like that out here in California or even back in Mass where I'm originally from, but I'm suprised to hear of that happening in AZ. I always sort of viewed you guys like a smaller version of Texas. (wear a side arm, chain gangs, shoot a criminal, etc.)

Sherriff Joe in your area or is that just Phoenix? I'd stir the pot a bit - news, e-mail, write the Governor, your state representatives, etc. Especially since you have kids. God forbid this a-hole or somebody like him takes out somebody you care about next time.

Please don't get me going on that media hounding Sherriff Joe Arpio, yes he's all over the Phoenix valley and has been for 25+ years :mad: He's been in that seat for waaaaaaay to long :mad: Joe has his own issues going on now too

Sherriff Joe's gotta go :banana:

I'm waiting on the backlash that I hope comes to this guy
http://www.citymayors.com/news-pics/gilbert_az_berman.jpg
Mayor Steve Berman

BTW: We do wear side arms, shoot criminals and pink chain gangs if you're bad.

brucemac
08-22-2008, 04:47 PM
i think that's ridiculous. are there any politicians who aren't crooks or who don't speak out of both sides of their mouth? sure doesn't seem like it.

it's who you know i guess. seems like the newspaper ought'ta write that one up. that would make a nice read. love to see his pr rep spin that.

coz
08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm currently on hold w/ the coz's Mayor's Office ...:rolleyes:

Thanks R :D I knew someone with a powerful influence would take care of this :D

Take him foot'n with a concrete vest :D

atlfootr
08-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I called the Mayor's office first, from the phone number on the bottom of his letter head ..
His answering machine stated and I qoute, "Mayor Berman does not keep regular business hours, but we do check in from time to time
... blah blah blah

Of course no one personally answered, a recorded message did however and directed me to press 0 for further assistance,
After begin on hold for 15 minutes, I called it quites .

I did have a chance to watch the news video and read his letter to the Judge, while awaiting for my call to be answered.
IMHO, this guy's a real piece of work ..

flipper
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Isn't that just a typical politician? All of them make up rules they don't want to follow. Like all the gun laws, but what do all the body guards have on them?

coz
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
The backlash is coming :D

joyce058 - 8/21/2008 6 Votes
This is my nephew and I urge everyone to discredit the Mayor of Gilbert for supporting the man who killed my nephew. How dare he support a man who has prior convictions for DUI that this time ended up in a fatality. My nephew was stopped at a red light on his way to the last band concert of the school year, 17 years old, on a Sunday at 12:15 pm and through no fault of his own was t-boned by a drunk driver. He has no idea how much my family has suffered...we cannot replace Sean

cives - 7:45 AM 5 Votes
I am not a resident of Gilbert, I live in Peoria, however if I did live in Gilbert, I would definately start a motion to have this man removed from office. I would pursue it until he was fired and removed. This is the most ridiculous, outragous, thing I have ever heard of. The man KILLED another human being, because he was drunk ...come on people get serious, the Mayor is an idiot, and dosent deserve the office the he is occupying. Residents of Gilbert, you need to stand up and be counted, and have Steve Berman removed from office !!!!

tawitte - 8:49 AM 1 Vote
I am appalled as well regarding the support of the mayor in Gilbert. Shouldn't he be supporting the victoms (the family) instead. They have suffered for two years now, it is time this is resolved. Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The man needs to go to jail and pay for his stupidity getting behind the wheel drunk.

hedshell - 8:48 AM 1 Vote
Wow.... and to think my brother is doing 8 years for several DUI's and he did not kill anyone. Too bad he isn't good friends with the Gilbert Mayor. I wonder what will happen the next time Kohan gets behind the wheel? Would the Mayor trust Kohan with his families life? I bet that would change the song and dance to the Mayor's letter. It's situations like this that the public needs to stand up for what is right! Steve Berman, you should have known better.

Dutch - 8:31 AM 1 Vote
Its way past time that Steve Berman be removed from office--------IMMEDIATELY! What a joke this guy is, not to mention a burden and embarrassment to the people of Gilbert.

myvoice - 11:59 AM 0 Votes
The Mayor is a train wreck. Why is this guy still in office! C'mon Gilbert!! Get this man out of office. Why do the people tolerate this man. What does he hold in his back pocket that so many put up with him? Naked pictures? Really, have you ever talked to this guy? He is a really strange guy. Completely unfit to run a government. Would a private employer tolerate this man? I don't think so, C'mon people, think about it, at your place of employment would this continue? Let's get this guy gone so we can move on. I don't want to read about him anymore... Well, maybe one more story, GILBERT MAYOR IMPEACHED!!!

lwingle - 9:05 AM 1 Vote
I would think that most people would have remorse when a crime has been committed. I should hope Raymond does feel remorse and a great deal of it....for the rest of his life.....I am so happy that he knows the mayor !!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable !!!!!!!!! Regardless of who he knows, and regardless of the remorse he feels, he should be made to pay for his mistake, he should not be shown any leniency at all, because where was his leniency for the life that he took and the lifes that have forever been changed, when he carelessly decided to get behind the wheel yet again for the 3rd time. And what is society as a whole learning when you say ok, he doesnt have to do any time for his mistake because he knows the mayor...so what !!!! I believe the mayor's letter should be not allowed and be totally disregarded by the judge...it should hold no weight at all in the decision making process of what Raymond's sentence should be, and GOD help us all if it does!!! If he gets out and drives drunk again, who is to say the next victim won't be someone that the mayor loves !!!!!!!!

And a bunch more :D

Hey atlfootr where'd you get that letter? I can't read it and when I save it and zoom it looks chinese

atlfootr
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I just sent you the pdf .. check your hotmail account.

If that doesn't work, click this link here under header ....

Gilbert Mayor supports convicted drunk driver in letter
Mother gives ABC15 a copy of the mayor's letter (103.0KB) (http://www.abc15.com/media/news/d/2/7/d2751658-2744-4a42-a81e-5abd7e03b1d5/20080821165714558.pdf)

coz
08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
I just sent you the pdf .. check your hotmail account.

If that doesn't work, click this link here under header ....

Gilbert Mayor supports convicted drunk driver in letter
Mother gives ABC15 a copy of the mayor's letter (103.0KB) (http://www.abc15.com/media/news/d/2/7/d2751658-2744-4a42-a81e-5abd7e03b1d5/20080821165714558.pdf)

Got it thanks :D that's amazing he starts out saying he doesn't write letters of recommendation for the criminal justice system then goes on to plead for this guys sentence to be light because "he's a responsible young man" Ex-freak'n cuse me but 3 DUI's with a fatality is not responsible :mad:

The guy's only sorry because he's sitting in jail looking at a long time :mad:

atlfootr
08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Everyone here should write the Honorable Judge Kemp ... :rolleyes:
Voice your concerns and disbeliefs, I know I surashell will :mad:

sethro
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
It seems like a fraudulent letter to me...at least I hope it is. Coz, has it been confirmed that the mayor wrote and signed this letter? Any type of public response from him about the letter?

coz
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Everyone here should write the Honorable Judge Kemp ... :rolleyes:
Voice your concerns and disbeliefs, I know I surashell will :mad:

This guy wrote everyone including the Prez :D

Flood - 1:33 PM 3 Votes
I've written correspondence to the Governor, President of the Senate, and Senators McCain and Gorman, along with President Bush to take a look at this idiot...I included a copy of his letter...hopefully someone looks into this moron...I know that the last petition to have him recalled was a failure...hopefully this will change everyone's mind. Ever notice his website has a "Why People Love Steve" section...too bad he's not honest enough to have a general comment section...I'm sure we'd see more "Why People Hate Steve" letters!

coz
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
It seems like a fraudulent letter to me...at least I hope it is. Coz, has it been confirmed that the mayor wrote and signed this letter? Any type of public response from him about the letter?

ABC didn't think it was fraud and that's where I got the news http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a3fbe0d2-9ff2-4431-875c-da9012ac08fc

atlfootr
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Seems like Flood has been a busy guy, hopefully his hard work will pay off :D
Unless, someone's hand gets greased before then :rolleyes: