PDA

View Full Version : Oil on top of Intake Manifold

Willski
08-18-2008, 10:30 AM
What would cause oil on top of my intake manifold behind the carb? I'm thinking it might be coming from the PCV line that runs back to the carb. Any ideas?

TMCNo1
08-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Could be a weak/leaking PCV valve line, a bad intake manifold gasket and it could also be a leaking rear carb bowl gasket and gas will turn into a oily like varnish as/after the better part of it evaporates. I remember when gas was leaded and colored red, leaking gas from a carb had the texture and look of transmission fluid. and would eat/melt the paint on the engine areas where it settled.

Willski
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Could be a weak/leaking PCV valve line, a bad intake manifold gasket and it could also be a leaking rear carb bowl gasket and gas will turn into a oily like varnish as/after the better part of it evaporates. I remember when gas was leaded and colored red, leaking gas from a carb had the texture and look of transmission fluid. and would eat/melt the paint on the engine areas where it settled.

Thanks. I used to think it was gas, but it seems way to thick. But like you said, maybe after evaporation? It does not smell like gas though. It also doesn't affect the paint.