PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Barefooters! Footstock 2008 is almost here!

No Skeez
08-15-2008, 12:26 PM
For all the footers out there, we are bringing MasterCraft back to the world of figure 8 barefooting. Next weekend, August 22 - 24, the national figure 8 barefoot championships will be held in Crandon, WI. Towing the the big event this year will be two brand new MC 214s, both equipped with the now famous LY6 400 HP powertrain. Call us at 888-420-7547 or email brianb@redlinewatersports.com to schedule a test run before the big event. Hope to see you there!

barefoot
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I feel obligated to respond!

Way to go Redline for towing the event!

I, however, will not be going this year. Too many obligations and not enough time on my feet. I don't think I would give a good showing if I went....so here's to next year!

Rockman
08-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Why were the 214s selected for this event?

Just curious...:confused:

2RLAKE
08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Awesome ... unfortunately I wont make it but promise to take several runs behind my X14 with my buddy Chris ... we'll be doing some nice double flying dock starts ... at least i will be!

No Skeez
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
To answer your questions Rockman, we decided on the 214s for a few reasons. First off, there are still many out there who have not had a chance to experience skiing (or footing) behind the boat yet. Secondly, after pulling a few trial runs with a few different boats, our local competitors were most impressed with the wakes on the 214 for a figure 8 pattern than the other choices. Finally, we want to show everyone out there that even though you can fit the whole family and all the gear for a day of fun on the water in it, the PS 214 is still a tournament towboat through and through. We are looking forward to hearing the feedback from the skiers. Remember, only a few days left to take advantage of that free pull offer!

atlfootr
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Why were the 214s selected for this event?

Just curious...

What'd you think they were gonna pull w / MC BF 200's ... I wish.
Maybe then, I would of gone

atlfootr
08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
What gives :confused:
NOBODY called me ... :(

Tell my buddy JJ alias Jim Link from Longwood, Fl I'll be pulling 'fer 'him and KSO .
Tell 'em both to represent the :) Sunshine State :)

JohnnyB
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Rob, you should go some year....show what you've got...can "Grandpa" ski with the young lads????

Unfortunately this is the weekend we are moving :mad:

My step-offs still suck anyway :rolleyes:

Good luck to those that go....take pics and post 'em here....it'll be much better than waiting a month or so for them to appear on the BFC website.

WTRSK1R
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Stopped here on my way home from Minocqua on Saturday. Was fun to watch, and the announcer was pretty funny to listen to. My wife even said if the kids were not with us, she could have sat and watched for the day which is very unusual for her. Pretty amazing to see some of the pairs go. I will try to post a few pictures as soon as I can.

WTRSK1R
08-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry about the quality. I forgot my good camera at home. Also, I have no idea who anyone is, but they were all fun to watch.

WTRSK1R
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
There were a few costumes while we were there. Only photo we got was while the Banana was on the dock.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Footstock was a great tournament once again. As it turned out only one of the 214s made it.....and along with two additonal Tournament Team 197s great pulls were provided all weekend long. I rode in the 214 for a while during practice on Friday and skied behind it once. It did a nice job pulling, has a great wake and a ton of room inside, power was great and worked well teamed up with the Zero Off system.

Finally, after several years of trying, KSO (of team MasterCraft) won the event. In the process, he and Peter Fleck set a new Footstock record of 4 1/4 eights......it was quite an exciting end to the weekend. Way to go Keith!!!

barefoot
08-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Is there a list of the top 20?

How many footers competed?

Any stats (How much gas was used, how many pulls were made, etc)?