PDA

View Full Version : The Knox family RV trip........

Knox's_Better_half
08-15-2008, 12:09 AM
OK, so it has been a while since either me or the hubby have been on here. It all started back in June. We got a contract on our house, went to SC to look for another one, put an offer in on the new house. Now it is the 11th of July and we head off to 17 days on the road for a fun RV trip......well, we thought. We leave Knoxville 4 hours later than we are supposed to...and dont blame me!! We end up having to take 3 cars to Nashville to get the RV. The kids notice...."uh, mom, we have 3 cars and 3 adults....who is gonna drive the RV???" And so it begins. We get to Nashville and get through the paperwork and the boring video instructing us on how to put the thing in D and what the D stands for....no $#!t!!! I am so not lying!!! We set out for adventure with a stop at the local McDonalds....it is almost 7 and we have got to get to St Louis the first nite!!
We pull in to St Louis and all is well....late, but well. We get up the next day and empty the crapper, fill up the water and gas and ride out! We are 20 min south of Sioux Falls SD, when I am in the potty and we hear a loud boom. I swear I did not do this either!! Tire blew out!!! Are you freakin kidding??? Damaged the whole storage container behind the tire on the passenger side. AAA's come out and change the tire and we get to camp at 3 am. When we wake up, there is no one who can fix the tire issue till Monday......we need to be in Rapid City......so we leave on the spare with no other spare.....400 miles. the adventure is well under way. We got the tire fixed...it took 6 hours on Monday. We left on Tuesday and headed to Cody Wyoming. I got to drive.....I swear I went up a mountain and shook hands with Jesus and came down the other side and shook hands with the devil. I swear I drove that thing to 9 or 10000 feet. Never drove one of those afore....it was kinda cool. I think Knox only yelled at me once....not to text while driving the RV:rolleyes:
Things are going good......till we are in Yellowstone and the AC froze up. Then on Friday the starter on the generator went out. So we headed back to Rapid City no generator and AC!!! We left for Minneapolis on Monday and made it to Worthington Minnesota...when we blew another tire. We were 60 miles out of Sioux Falls....to the east this time. This tire took out the valve to the black water tank and literally left s#!t all over the interstate!! When we called the company to tell them we had had enough and wanted another RV, they told us we could pick one up in TEXAS!!! We asked the fool if he knew where MN was in relation to TX!!! So, a trooper comes by and gives us all rides into town....the kids rode behind bars. They asked if they were going to Jail.? I said no, but Mommy might be after I deal with this company!!!
So we pressed on and headed to the MOA it was fun and the kids had a blast. We are driving a broken down, covered in crap RV and all of us are ready to go home.....but wait, we cant!! we have no home....while we are away, the movers packed our things and there is nothing to go home to!! There is not enough meds to make this better.
So if you all have wondered where we have been, we have been recovering!!
We,,,,,well this part of we and the kids are now moved and surrounded by boxes and broken things from the movers......life is suckin!!! Hope you are all well and thanks for missing us!!! I just want my boat so I can go to the lake!!!:cool:

coz
08-15-2008, 12:20 AM
...."uh, mom, we have 3 cars and 3 adults....who is gonna drive the RV???" And so it begins.

Good thing you had the kids with ya :D

So, a trooper comes by and gives us all rides into town....the kids rode behind bars.

So we pressed on and headed to the MOA it was fun and the kids had a blast

Sounds like the kids got a kick out of the trip :banana: and M&D were on roadside repair crew :D

Glad you had a safe trip if anything :D good luck and enjoy the new house

wakolman
08-15-2008, 12:22 AM
;)I hope you took the insurance. Can I get the next rental for that unit?

Finally a Tsgt, or finally proud????;)

Knox's_Better_half
08-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Coz, thank you! They did have a blast. The baby was the best traveler out of them all. When making that trip, we also stopped in the Wisconsin Dells....that place is a blast!! It is like the Vegas strip for kids. The kids wanted to stay longer. Thenk you for the good wishes on the house. Still unpacking, but we are getting there. Only an hour from lake Murray......now if I could just get my boat....Knox!8p

Wakolman, I am proud of him finally making Tech. He really needed the pay raise to pay for more things for the boat. It is about priorities ya know:rolleyes::D

Knox's_Better_half
08-15-2008, 01:03 AM
;)I hope you took the insurance. Can I get the next rental for that unit?
Finally a Tsgt, or finally proud????;)

You can so have that thing!!:D Although the guy said that he did not know what he was gonna do with it. It looked like it went to war and lost!!! BAD!

Gonzo
08-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Great read, glad everything worked out and no one was killed.

Knox's_Better_half
08-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Great read, glad everything worked out and no one was killed.

Well, there were times!!:rolleyes: Knox is just lucky!;) Nah, it was a good time. We took the kids to Bear Country USA! Now that was cool, we had bears walking right up to the car and looking in the windows!! It was really cool!

Willski
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
That will be a trip you talk about for a long time. First not so fondly, then with big grins.

Welcome back and good luck finishing the move.

TMCNo1
08-15-2008, 07:38 AM
That's a funny story and we're glad you got home OK. You forgot the trip to Monte and Leah's,you must be saving it for later when we get thru laughing about this.........................Lynn and Harold:uglyhamme

BIGBADBLUE
08-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Good stuff ... talkin to Knox at the CHB it sounds like it was a great time.

ShamrockIV
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
"just draining the $hitter!!!!!!"

if only we had filmed it we could have made millions!!!!!

wakeX2wake
08-15-2008, 10:11 AM
we totally had a thread about draining the "special" tank on here earlier this week... see what happens when you leave teamtalk for 2 weeks?

the cool thing is that y'all will get all your stuff unpacked and knox will get settled in the new position and you'll look back about thanksgiving or christmas and laugh about the whole thing... great story though... sounded like a national lampoons vacation...

if it makes you feel any better my buddy's 08 moomba got pulled in for the 4th time this yr yesterday (by an 07 MC X2 3 of those)... only problem this time i was in his boat w/ about a 3 day paddle to the truck when it needed pulled in

Ric
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
what a crapbpy story, did the russians steal your toilet seat?

Rockman
08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll have a few nice big Jack and Cokes waiting for yous at the dock at MM4. ;)

SkiDog
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Yea, what Rocky said! You ain't gonna get yer boat back till AFTER MM4!

Maristar210
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I aint reading all that. Did knox get laid or not? :D

ShamrockIV
08-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I aint reading all that. Did knox get laid or not? :D

dude if he pulled that off with 5 kids and his mom on board he may get an award!!

maybe the golden bunny award!!! lol

Maristar210
08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry I meant paid :confused: :o

Sodar
08-15-2008, 12:24 PM

You should really watch those fingers!

ShamrockIV
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM

it's ur lie, tell it how u want!!!:D

brucemac
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
welcome back folks!

sorry to hear of your Griswold-like vacation. i have to be honest, parts of it made me smile. sorry to chuckle at your expense and hopefully you'll be able to laugh about it sooner than later.

:)

hope things go well settling in to the new home.

best wishes

cbryan70
08-15-2008, 08:55 PM
after all of that you dont have ANY pictures of the "aftermath" of the RV?

Knox's_Better_half
08-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Ahhh, how I have missed you all. :rolleyes::D I am glad that you all got such a great laugh about the story. It really is funny to sit back and think about even now. I swear we have yet to stop running. Did I forget to tell you that while all of this vacation is going on and all of the kids are there and the mom in law....I am in school. We had to drive to all over places so that I could sit in the RV in front of motels and steal their internet. Sorry, I would have loved to kept you all updated along the way, but it was difficult enough to get my work submitted.....I was getting like 5.5 mbps....insane how I was even able to send a document.

SkiDog.......I will let Knox take the boat to MM4.....on one condition.....I am not going to drive my pretty little @$$ up there to rescue him if he loses the keys in the lake again.8p I really wanted to come up there and Lord knows I could use the laughter and fun. But, the kids are in school and I am going to be dealing with that and them.......so maybe I will get to go next year.

Knox's_Better_half
08-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I have got a few pictures, but I have to find them. I was in such a hurry to get the heck out of tht thing, I just threw stuff out!! LOL Now everything is still sitting in piles as I sort through it all. Plus the move!! It might be awhile. I dont even remember If I took any of the damage....I was really pi$$ed at the time....camera would have been a bad idea.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the move. Kids are doin' good and I am still unpacking. Knox came to visit and said he did not like where few things got put..............so I have a cold one and he can move it anywhere he chooses!! Ahh, putting in a pool. Guy is coming over this weekend to map it out and then hopefully get started in the next week. I will be sure to keep ya updated

trickskier
08-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Ahhh, how I have missed you all. :rolleyes: I am glad that you all got such a great laugh about the story. It really is funny to sit back and think about even now. I swear we have yet to stop running. Did I forget to tell you that while all of this vacation is going on and all of the kids are there and the mom in law....I am in school. We had to drive to all over places so that I could sit in the RV in front of motels and steal their internet. Sorry, I would have loved to kept you all updated along the way, but it was difficult enough to get my work submitted.....I was getting like 5.5 mbps....insane how I was even able to send a document.

SkiDog.......I will let Knox take the boat to MM4.....on one condition.....I am not going to drive my pretty little @$$ up there to rescue him if he loses the keys in the lake again.8p I really wanted to come up there and Lord knows I could use the laughter and fun. But, the kids are in school and I am going to be dealing with that and them.......so maybe I will get to go next year.

You don't need to worry about that. I bringing a key floatie for Knox................8p

There's NO WAY I'm walking up that mountain again!!! :rolleyes:

atlfootr
08-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Now this could be for some good read, ( note to self ) bookmark for later.

http://images.allposters.com/images/mmph/242059.jpg

mlay
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM
As we say in our family..."making memories"...can never take those away.

Coz, thank you! They did have a blast. The baby was the best traveler out of them all. When making that trip, we also stopped in the Wisconsin Dells....that place is a blast!! It is like the Vegas strip for kids. The kids wanted to stay longer. Thenk you for the good wishes on the house. Still unpacking, but we are getting there. Only an hour from lake Murray......now if I could just get my boat....Knox!8p

Wakolman, I am proud of him finally making Tech. He really needed the pay raise to pay for more things for the boat. It is about priorities ya know:rolleyes::D

KnoxX2
08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Well.................after all is said and done I am back and working my tail off. Sorry I have not been on here much but with everything with the move and work I have just been tired. For the past few weeks I have been back and forth between Knoxville Tn. and Sumter SC. The boat has been in the graege at my mom's house here in Knoxville for the past few weeks. Can I tell you that moving sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Well what can you do. As for the trip.................The trip was great! We went and saw some things that I have wanted to see all my life. I think this trip will be talked about for years to come. Would I do it again...........sure only if I own the RV NO MORE RENTALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway hope you all get a kick out of the read and I will try to find some time to check in more.
Looking forward to MM4

SkiDog
08-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Well.................after all is said and done I am back and working my tail off. Sorry I have not been on here much but with everything with the move and work I have just been tired. For the past few weeks I have been back and forth between Knoxville Tn. and Sumter SC. The boat has been in the graege at my mom's house here in Knoxville for the past few weeks. Can I tell you that moving sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Well what can you do. As for the trip.................The trip was great! We went and saw some things that I have wanted to see all my life. I think this trip will be talked about for years to come. Would I do it again...........sure only if I own the RV NO MORE RENTALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway hope you all get a kick out of the read and I will try to find some time to check in more.
Looking forward to MM4

Is the wife coming to MM4 or is just gonna be you & Monte? We've already got the cabin.

KnoxX2
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
It will just be Me and Monte. Although I am not sure if Monte has gotten the full OK for him to go yet!!!!!

Will it be Me, you and Trick again or are more coming?

Monte
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
It will just be Me and Monte. Although I am not sure if Monte has gotten the full OK for him to go yet!!!!!

Will it be Me, you and Trick again or are more coming?

I'm working on it brutha.. I'm waiting until she is all drugged up over the next day or so;)

KnoxX2
08-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Is that your story and you are sticking to it!!!! LOL

SkiDog
08-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Monte, when is she having the surgery? Do we get pre op & post op pics? We're waiting! Knox, nobody else is coming from our area. Also, I don't know if Trickys even bought his plane tickets yet. Sorry dog!

KnoxX2
08-20-2008, 05:39 PM
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to get on it............

Did you reserve the cabin?

BIGBADBLUE
08-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Knox - You move yet?

ProTour X9
08-20-2008, 06:20 PM
This story reminds me of a movie....:D

KnoxX2
08-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Knox - You move yet?

Family is in SC but I am still here in Knoxville for a few more weeks:o

Knox's_Better_half
08-23-2008, 03:42 AM
You don't need to worry about that. I bringing a key floatie for Knox................8p

There's NO WAY I'm walking up that mountain again!!! :rolleyes:

:uglyhamme Thats funny!! I know poor Tricky, Knox made you hike up that mountain, it must have been what 8000 feet?:friday:

Knox's_Better_half
08-23-2008, 03:55 AM
OK, everyone The kids and I are alive and well. I think. I am absolutely exhausted. The kids started school this week and Knox is gone till Labor Day....I think that is when he is coming for a visit. I actually had to find daycare for the baby so that I could get a few daytime hours to study. Ahh, I forgot to mention that I am in school. I have finals next week and I am stressing. There is a giant hole in the back yard for the pool and the painters come on Monday to start painting and hopefully the blinds will be in late next week. I know my hubby has to be there and would rather be here, but this sucks. I am busting it around here and by the time he gets here it will all be done!!
*** On another note, I will not be able to attend MM4. I had really hoped to, but with the school thing for me and the kids it just won't be in the cards. I am sure that you will all have a wonderful time without me. I swear I am planning to get there next year. I should have my degree out of the way by then.
I need to go get some sleep, I just finished some work for school so it is off to bed. I will try and check in on yall in the next week or so. Too busy to be on here that much ......but I promise I will catch up

mccobmd
08-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Where did you go in the Dells? we were up visiting my wife's family and went to Noah's Ark, loved the black anaconda "World's longest water roller coaster". Must admit though, when you've been behind a driving an X1 any other watersport is second best