PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning Jimmer

BriEOD
04-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Jimmer,

Funny, I see you on here every morning at 6. Ocassionally I catch ol' Andre on here as well. Have you put your dock in yet?

jimmer2880
04-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Jimmer,

Funny, I see you on here every morning at 6. Ocassionally I catch ol' Andre on here as well. Have you put your dock in yet?

Not quite - I have a large honey-do list this year before our 2nd baby is born.

However - I hope to be finished with that this weekend. Dock should be in next weekend.

How are you doing? I usually don't look at who's online in the morning. But -yes - Monday through Thurs, I'm ususally on by 6. ;)

jimmer2880
04-28-2005, 06:20 AM
BriEOD - where are you this morning? Lat night last night?

Hey - IT'S FRIDAY!!! (for me anyway) :woohoo: :woohoo:

MarkP
04-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Long weekend for you Jimmer?? Are you working on that HDList or getting that dock in? Oh Good morning Jimmer.:wavey: .

André
04-28-2005, 06:38 AM
Good morning guys!

MarkP
04-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Andre, Your up early or is this an every day thing??

André
04-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Always.Going back to work today.Been off with a tendinitis(?) in my left wrist for 2 weeks.

MarkP
04-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Ouch, hope its getting better.

I had spare time this morning because its take your daughter to work day so René has already left for work with Melissa, who I would normally be waking up right about now.

André
04-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Are the olders ones up ?

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm here, I'm here!!! I'm doing OK, finals this week. Had my worst one last night and I hope I didn't tank myself. I was carrying an A but the exam kicked my butt. We'll see what happens.

I'm ready to start doing some serious skiing.

MarkP
04-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Oldest one went to work with Rene. Middle one has to be up at about 8 and the baby gets up in time to come with me to take the middle child to pre school

MarkP
04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm here, I'm here!!! I'm doing OK, finals this week. Had my worst one last night and I hope I didn't tank myself. I was carrying an A but the exam kicked my butt. We'll see what happens.

More finals today and tomorrow or is that it?? Good luck

André
04-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Oldest one went to work with Rene. Middle one has to be up at about 8 and the baby gets up in time to come with me to take the middle child to pre school

Should have know that she didn't took the BABY to work!
Don't you spell René with 2 E at the end? Renée in French...

André
04-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Good morning Brian!
Are you off for the entire Summer ?

MarkP
04-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Should have know that she didn't took the BABY to work!
Don't you spell René with 2 E at the end? Renée in French...
She spells it René. My sisters name is also Renee but spelled differently :confused: ??

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 07:21 AM
No, I wish! I'm taking two night classes at different points in the summer and I've got 4 more classes in the fall and then I'm done!! I sure wish I would have tackled this college thing right after highschool. I know Fitz feels my pain. It's worth it though and the AF pays all my school bills. I've got a week long vacation to a lake house in NC at the end of June that I'm stoked about. Speaking of school, where has the Professor been?

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Mark, what is for breakfast man?

MarkP
04-28-2005, 07:51 AM
I’ve seen the professor on but I don’t know if he was talking??

Rene has been thinking about going back for her Masters. I have a stack of info to go over with her about that. She has been out of school for like 20 years. I don’t think she is looking forward to it but she has upper management aspirations.

No breakfast for me. My “Job” is typically busy in the morning.

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it's no fun going back after a while. But, you have to have that little piece of paper that says "diploma." :purplaugh

Leroy
04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
By 7:07 high school (Jason) and middle school (Michael) boys are off and only Heather is left to walk to school at 7:50.Cottage cheeze, fruit, and piece of toast with coffee for me.

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Yummy.... :)

Leroy
04-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I admire you strength to go to school with family Brian. If I didn't go after HS would not make it now. THought about MBA but could not muster the motivation for that.

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Leroy...I admire my wife because she is the glue that holds it all together. She has bascially put her life on hold so I can finish this program. But, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be worth it. Finacially, I will more than double (close to triple) what I was making in about a 4 year period.

jimmer2880
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
One of these days I need to get off my arse & finish my BS... I really admire everyone who can do that - it's real tough to go back to school after you've been out for so long.

I am able to get by with a 4-day work week in my current position. Actually - I told them I wouldn't take the job without a 4-day week. They wanted me bad, so I got it. However, sometimes I work from home on Friday, but that's cool, since I don't have to waste the 3 hours a day I usually spend on the road.

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
One of these days I need to get off my arse & finish my BS... I really admire everyone who can do that - it's real tough to go back to school after you've been out for so long.

I am able to get by with a 4-day work week in my current position. Actually - I told them I wouldn't take the job without a 4-day week. They wanted me bad, so I got it. However, sometimes I work from home on Friday, but that's cool, since I don't have to waste the 3 hours a day I usually spend on the road.

3 hours a day in transport! WOW, that is rough. What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

jimmer2880
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Long weekend for you Jimmer?? Are you working on that HDList or getting that dock in? Oh Good morning Jimmer.:wavey: .

Still working on the HD list. But - this should be the last major weekend of that till late summer.:(

Plan is to put the dock on next weekend. We'll have to see if the weather will cooperate.

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Good morning :D

MarkP
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Still working on the HD list. But - this should be the last major weekend of that till late summer.:(

Plan is to put the dock on next weekend. We'll have to see if the weather will cooperate.
Hell

With all the rain, I’ll bet it was hardly worth putting in the dock last year. I know all of my spots flooded for at least a month while we got all of the big storms. I got lucky and found a Lake in WV that didn’t flood. Hit that spot 3, 4 weeks in a row

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Our lake in WI was actually low last summer! Hopefully it will be up a little this year.

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM

Jim what do you do?

sfitzgerald351
04-28-2005, 12:20 PM
No, I wish! I'm taking two night classes at different points in the summer and I've got 4 more classes in the fall and then I'm done!! I sure wish I would have tackled this college thing right after highschool. I know Fitz feels my pain. It's worth it though and the AF pays all my school bills. I've got a week long vacation to a lake house in NC at the end of June that I'm stoked about. Speaking of school, where has the Professor been?

I do feel your pain, but I'm a sucker and have gone back 2x now. Unfortunately I'm paying my own bills this time. But the job opportunities I have now are so much better it's worth it. More choices in things to do, better pay, and with my new job to start in July 4 WEEKS PAID VACATION!

I don't know how you all with families do it. Very impressive. I definitely admire that and know the payoff will be worth the sacrifices. And take your wives out to a nice dinner, because it's every bit a sacrifice on their part (even though they don't have to do the HW).

east tx skier
04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll join in and say I don't know how you older guys do it all. ;) I kid. I kid. And now that I'm about to have a kid, I couldn't imagine going back to school. It was hard enough having a girlfriend (now my wife) during law school. It helped that we were both in the same boat.

ski_king
04-28-2005, 12:31 PM
..... It helped that we were both in the same boat.
Your both still in the same boat, but its a MasterCraft now!!

east tx skier
04-28-2005, 12:34 PM
You know, I almost added that, but thought I'd reached my pun limit for that post. ;)

jimmer2880
04-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Jim what do you do?

I work for a large aerospace company doing computer software engineering (as opposed to non-computer software?).

Unfortunately, most of my work needs to be done in the office. But - I can usually keep enough of a backlog of "can be done at home" stuff around to cover me a day or 2 a month.

For what it's worth - it wouldn't matter if I had a GED, BS, MS or PHD as far as vacation goes. 1 year experience or 15 (like me) - we all start out at 2 weeks :rant: and don't get the 3rd till the start of the 4th year! :rant: :rant:

Good thing they made up for it in other ways.;)

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Thats not a very good policy!

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 04:55 PM

Pulled an "A" I cannot believe it!! I thought I blew the final. I had to do a 40 page research paper and a presentation. This is the hardest class in my degree course, Criminal Justice Reserach Methods. I just had to gloat...I know it may seem minute, but I'm on top of the world, hard work does pay off!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :toast:

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Pulled an "A" I cannot believe it!! I thought I blew the final. I had to do a 40 page research paper and a presentation. This is the hardest class in my degree course. I just had to gloat...I'm on top of the world, hard work does pay off!!! :banana:

Excellent job, heres to you :toast:

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 04:57 PM
I work for a large aerospace company doing computer software engineering (as opposed to non-computer software?).

Unfortunately, most of my work needs to be done in the office. But - I can usually keep enough of a backlog of "can be done at home" stuff around to cover me a day or 2 a month.

For what it's worth - it wouldn't matter if I had a GED, BS, MS or PHD as far as vacation goes. 1 year experience or 15 (like me) - we all start out at 2 weeks :rant: and don't get the 3rd till the start of the 4th year! :rant: :rant:

Which company?

east tx skier
04-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Congrats, Brian!

erkoehler
04-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I guess it was a REALLY good morning/afternoon.

MarkP
04-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Pulled an "A" I cannot believe it!! I thought I blew the final. I had to do a 40 page research paper and a presentation. This is the hardest class in my degree course, Criminal Justice Reserach Methods. I just had to gloat...I know it may seem minute, but I'm on top of the world, hard work does pay off!!! :banana: :toast:SWEEEEET!! Good Job Man:dance:

André
04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Congrats Brian!
See,no reasons to get nervous about it...

jimmer2880
04-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the A bud.

jimmer2880
04-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Thats not a very good policy!

I hear you! I couldn't believe it. Almost didn't take the job because of it.

But - I'm glad I did. 6 months after that, my entire team at my old job was layed off.

BriEOD
04-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks Guys! One more to take tomorrow at 1pm. (on a Sat!! :mad: )

east tx skier
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM

... like sending you to Texas. :)