PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Gauge Issue - '07 X30

btriantos
08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I hit the water yesterday after getting the boat back from my dealer, and now my starboard ballast guage doesn't work. I have the needle buried on empty, and when I start the boat, that gauge does not cycle full then return to actual level. It does, however, move slightly left, further to E though. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? The boat is only 1.5 months old.

Roonie's
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
just out of adjustment it sounds like. Bring it to dealer and have them calibrate them.

btriantos
08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Seems simple. How could it get out of calibration so soon?

Roonie's
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Happens to mine all the time (not that far off as yours). They are never that accurate and I have had mine calibrated.

btriantos
08-13-2008, 08:35 PM
I just talked to the dealer about this, and my problem is not a small adjustment. It's either the gauge going bad, a power/ground problem, or a sending unit issue. I have to bring a volt meter with me this weekend to narrow it down. This ought to be interesting

btriantos
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
UPDATE!! The connector attached to the overflow tube came disconnected after an exhausting effort to diagnose this with a multimeter... After giving all my voltage numbers to the dealer on all my tanks and gauges, they pointed me to a disconnected wire somewhere along the wiring harness.. Found and Fixed! Thanks for the help

dapicatti
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Glad you could fix it on your own, without a trip in to the dealer.