PDA

View Full Version : Do any dealers and/or MC organize local gatherings

ntidsl
08-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I know Mag Mania is going on. And I saw the thread on Center Hill. But don't any dealers or MC organize other events. Am I out of the loop on it. I see there is a new dealer in Cincinnati but he isnt finished setting up yet I guess.

I have been going to the local Malibu dealership's gathering for the past 6 years now and honestly its a blast. Parties at bars on the lake, dinners, ties up, etc...

It's a shame there arent events like that for the MC owners in my area.

Mag Mania sounds fun but its not MC sponsored.

Doesnt MC have co-op programs for their dealers? I'm sure Malibu flips half the bill for No Wake, the BU dealer here, to do what they do...and it cant be cheap...they go all out...

They probably get 60-80 Malibu's tied up Saturday afternooon...and at night it gets out of hand...

Jonathan94
08-12-2008, 01:37 PM
This might be a bit of a drive for you, but I just checked our local dealer's website and this was just posted yesterday. I have been at a couple of these in the past couple of years but will be in Florida and can't make this one.

What I don't get is why this wasn't put up here by them already? Apparently they also had one on July 27 that I missed. Aside from the great dealer resources on here regularly, do any of the other dealerships actually know about this site? Why would they not have someone on here promoting these things?!?!?

They are promoting this as a "Team Mastercraft Drive Up"? I am a Team member but I have not been informed of this. Is someone supposed to send me an email? Does that mean I get more discounts at this thing if I show my card?

http://www.martineq.com/news.asp?display=headlines&process=view&pressID=355

VOLFAN
08-12-2008, 01:40 PM
The gatherings you see on Team Talk are mostly just friends getting together.

Cincy MC and Boatworks did a event at Lake Cumberland a few weeks ago and gave out shirts and free stuff

BoatWorks and Performance was at the Center Hill gathering and gave out shirts and free stuff

Charlotte MasterCraft / Mymastercraft.com is at CSM and he does alot for us!

again these gatherings are just members of TT getting together on our own from what I have seen.

Other people might be able to explain better than I have.

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
In the last couple/three years, events like CSM, Mag Mania, Hillbilly Bash, among others, has been organized by your fellow MasterCraft boat owners in a effort to have a gathering of MasterCraft boat owners for fun with our MasterCraft boats. MasterCraft dealers have got involved that are in the sales territory of these events either by wanting to help support the the event for exposure or have been invited by the organizers to participate if they want to.
In years past, starting in about 1982, MasterCraft held stand alone Mastercraft Boat Owner Reunion events and gatherings at MasterCraft Pro waterski events, until and into the era of Team MasterCraft on their own and then later with the support of the local MasterCraft dealers to the events, but lately MasterCraft has turned most if not all of the organization and implimentaion of such MasterCraft events over to the dealers with MasterCraft Boat Co. in a support role.
Unfortunately, most MasterCraft dealers could care less about their MasterCraft owners, except when they can sell them a new Mastercraft boat and such events other than the occasional Watersports Equipment and MasterCraft Demo Day to expose and sell MasterCraft boats and equipment. So, we diehard MasterCraft enthusiasts have to fend for ourselves and do our own thing by having MasterCraft ownerget togethers on our own.
Tells me something!:o:(:mad:

What would happen if the events organized by us were held in the future as just Boat Get Togethers and the word MasterCraft was never used?

Sodar
08-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I know that the local Southern California dealer has done a reunion event out in Parker during late September, but nothing has been updated on their website during the last year, so I am not sure if they are going to do it this year or not.

I know that Tige Corporate in conjunctiong with their local dealer, does a similar event out in Parker and from what I have heard, it is by far the largest regatta in the area. I have been out during the MC Reunuion and I have been out during the Tige event and the Tige thing is absolutely HUGE! You would not beleive the number of Tiges that come out!

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
CSM, Carolina Spring Madness, check out post #1 in both threads to see how it's done right, CSM '08, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=19313 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19313) and CSM '07, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=Madness (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878&highlight=Madness)

VOLFAN
08-12-2008, 02:17 PM
CSM, Carolina Spring Madness, check out post #1 in both threads to see how it's done right, CSM '08, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=19313 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19313) and CSM '07, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...hlight=Madness (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878&highlight=Madness)

From the looks of it you will start planning CSM 09' next month! I can't wait! Go ahead and put me down on being there!

ntidsl
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I'll probably get in trouble for posting these but this should be tons of mastercrafts and the outing should be sponsored with co-op funds by MC and a dealer(s).

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 02:31 PM
From the looks of it you will start planning CSM 09' next month! I can't wait! Go ahead and put me down on being there!

Sorry my friend, but I will let someone else handle it for next year, as we will only attend for one day or may not even attend at all!

VOLFAN
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
:( hope to see ya next year!

Sorry my friend, but I will let someone else handle it for next year, as we will only attend for one day or may not even attend at all!

Monte
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Mike at Mastecraft of Charlotte has really stepped up to the plate the last couple years with CSM by providing a nice dinner and lunch for all attendess, setting up a course, and offering up his own home for the gathering. He also gets the pros out for meets and greets to boot.

VOLFAN
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
TMCNO1... I thought you had been elected to a four year term? Who is going to be taking over the job of planning CSM?

Monte- You are right! Mike does a magnificent job of hosting CSM!

SkiDog
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
If I know Harold, and I have for 20 years, he'll do whatever he can to attend CSM09. He don't miss too many event involving mastercraft and it's owners. Cancer couldn't stop him, so I still hold out hope that he'll be a major part of CSM09. If not, it will go on, just without it's originator. I just hope he's got his cell phone working that weekend, cause if he ain't there, I'll be a calling him every hour on the hour!

ntidsl
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
So who is the dealer just south of Boatworks then? Boatworks is in Cumberland area, who is Norris Lake area dealer?

ProTour X9
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish Action Water Sports would do one, we'd be there for sure, they don't participate in the board and always wonder how I know so much about MC.

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I wish Action Water Sports would do one, we'd be there for sure, they don't participate in the board and always wonder how I know so much about MC.

Why wait for them to do something, do like the others, establish you own event so you can do all that free legwork and advertizing for your local MasterCraft dealer and MasterCraft!

I know for a fact CSM '07 and CSM '08 help create the sale of two nice used boats and one new '08 boat for a start and I suspect there were others we are not aware of!

Gonzo
08-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Say it aint so Harold, you and lynn are welcome with me any day.... by then I should have the bimini on with a nice shady spot just for the two of you.

ProTour X9
08-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Why wait for them to do something, do like the others, establish you own event so you can do all that free legwork and advertizing for your local MasterCraft dealer and MasterCraft!

I know for a fact CSM '07 and CSM '08 help create the sale of two nice used boats and one new '08 boat for a start and I suspect there were others we are not aware of!

I'd like to but if Action did it there would be a much bigger turnout, I may have to mention it to them next time I get around there.

Monte
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd like to but if Action did it there would be a much bigger turnout, I may have to mention it to them next time I get around there.

Just plant the seed and pick a weekend;) Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes::cool:

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM

There is only one way to find out, ask them to do it and see what they say. I'll bet they'll say they aren't gonna spend that kind of time and money!:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Just plant the seed and pick a weekend;) Don't ask me how I know:rolleyes::cool:

I bet it started with 2 posts between 2 Team Talk members in November of 2006 and don't ask me how I know either!:rolleyes:

Monte
08-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I bet it started with 2 posts between 2 Team Talk members in November of 2006 and don't ask me how I know either!:rolleyes:

Odd:confused::rolleyes:8p

Jim@BAWS
08-12-2008, 11:04 PM
I know Mag Mania is going on. And I saw the thread on Center Hill. But don't any dealers or MC organize other events. Am I out of the loop on it. I see there is a new dealer in Cincinnati but he isnt finished setting up yet I guess.

I have been going to the local Malibu dealership's gathering for the past 6 years now and honestly its a blast. Parties at bars on the lake, dinners, ties up, etc...

Doesnt MC have co-op programs for their dealers? I'm sure Malibu flips half the bill for No Wake, the BU dealer here, to do what they do...and it cant be cheap...they go all out...

They probably get 60-80 Malibu's tied up Saturday afternooon...and at night it gets out of hand...

Sorry that you missed the last 5 reunions that we held in the Tampa Area

Jim@BAWS

TMCNo1
08-12-2008, 11:18 PM

Where is Northern Kentucky Florida, since everybody lives in Florida?

JohnE
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM

CSM caused me to be a part of this boat buying fever. But even more important than the 2 shiny boats are all the friends we made there.

But MC as a company could care less about those events. Everything there related to MC was sponsored by MYMC and MC of Charlotte - a very generous host.

Kyboater
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM

We did a small gathering at Cumberland in July. Testing the water a bit. With everything else that goes with running a dealership, it's hard to find the time for planning such an event. Much easier to sponsor an owners organized gathering.

That being said what exactly do owners want in a gathering?
Dinner, hanging out, playing on the water, demos, owners boat show, poker run, stereo contest, just partying??? These are the thing we're trying to figure out. What kinds of things does everyone want to do when they get together?

bepresto
08-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I dont knwo where in Kentucky you are, but check out Williams brothers ski and sports for there MC reunion. For the last 8 years it has just grown into quite an event. A very good event, since it is in Shell Knob, MO. It is usually in June, so if anyone wants, pm me and I can give you their phone #. Last year they had Chris Sullivan down and later in JULY they had Parks Bonifay down. Parks was not there during the reunion but who knows what comes next year

TMCNo1
08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
We did a small gathering at Cumberland in July. Testing the water a bit. With everything else that goes with running a dealership, it's hard to find the time for planning such an event. Much easier to sponsor an owners organized gathering.

That being said what exactly do owners want in a gathering?
Dinner, hanging out, playing on the water, demos, owners boat show, poker run, stereo contest, just partying??? These are the thing we're trying to figure out. What kinds of things does everyone want to do when they get together?

A event like CSM is a good mix of activities for all that attend, 1st year, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13878&highlight=Madness, 2nd year, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=19313 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19313)

dapicatti
08-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I agree that its hard for dealers to know what people want. To be honest, I just want to see the other boats, meet the other people and have some fun. However that happens it happens. I think too many scheduled things would be too hard to do. Just offer up a fun time, food, BYOB and a chance to meet other MC advocates like us. That's all we need. We can buy our own beer.

ntidsl
08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Ky Boater...If you can hook up with Cincy MC and the both of you get with me I'll help in anyway to organize something. BYOB, MC and the dealers supply something as simple as the schedule of meetings. Let's talk in email or PM so I dont get in trouble but I know the ins and out of "No Wakes" yearly party at Norris. I know they do well. People who come but dont yet have a boat, they arent going to buy a boat from anyone but "No Wakes" once they have been there. They make you feel like family when you are there. Reunion is a good word...its fun, its laid back, there's a DJ at night, Friday night is wing's night which is just a special on wings at a certain restaurant on the lake...Saturday night, costume contest and DJ which becomes a massive dance party for everyone from 16 years old - 70 years old. I'll help in any way...but promotions is the key...you have to getthe word out to every single person that walks in your doors and every past customer.

ShamrockIV
08-14-2008, 10:39 AM
we had our 1st hillbilly bash in july. it went pretty well!! hopefully next year it will be bigger. it is hard to get everyone together unless you have a setup like mike has at lake wylie. he puts on a fun time at csm!! i like his event at night or evening and then everyone just on their own during the day!! I would highly reccommend it!!!