PDA

View Full Version : 4 channel amps

Mag_Red
04-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Looking to at least add an amp to the factory Clarion. Can anyone recommend a decent amp with out breaking the bank??? :popcorn:

BriEOD
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Earthquake, Precision Power, Pioneer, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine...

BriEOD
04-26-2005, 10:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5770315561&rd=1

Here ya go rich guy...pony up! :D

Mag_Red
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5770315561&rd=1

Here ya go rich guy...pony up! :D :rolleyes: I was more thinking some thing in the $200 range :D

jake
04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Mag: I just put this one in my boat running 4 6.5" Infinity Kappas. It Sounds pretty good. Even for other amps, eTronics.com is a good source....they're generally 20% cheaper than any other source I've found.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpmrpf240&store=&catid=303

rem_pss308
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Just purchased, installed and tested. It sounds great.

Profile HA 1040, 2 year waranttee. $120.00
80 X 4 RMS

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x5zEBR0xkQl/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=489HA1040

Mag_Red
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Just purchased, installed and tested. It sounds great.

Profile HA 1040, 2 year waranttee. $120.00
80 X 4 RMS

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-x5zEBR0xkQl/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=489HA1040 :toast: Thanks

Ric
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
hijacking a bit, is it still the case that these new clarions don't have a sub out set of RCA's
IF do like mag and get a 4 channel amp, will it work off of one set of rca's and run the other set to a sub amp?
or will it sound stupid?

jake
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Check out the detailed specs on the Profile amps. I'm not trying to insult REM's amp, but not all watts are created equal. 80 watts RMS on a profile is not the same as 80 watts RMS on a high quality/high current amp like alpine, punch, etc.

Also, if you want to spend a bit more, look for an amp that is 2 ohm stable in bridged mode. The one I posted a link to above is not. You'd have to spend more like $200 to find one that is. You would however get alot more boom out of it. Wire your 4 speakers to two channels with two speakers wired in parallel on each to drop total resistance per channel to 2 ohms.

jake
04-27-2005, 01:56 PM
hijacking a bit, is it still the case that these new clarions don't have a sub out set of RCA's
IF do like mag and get a 4 channel amp, will it work off of one set of rca's and run the other set to a sub amp?
or will it sound stupid?

You'll have to buy two sets of RCA splitters and fill all four inputs on your amp from the two outputs on your stereo.

Alternatively, many amps have a sub preout as well, so you can use your two sets of pre-outs on the stereo to your 4 channel to drive the main speakers, then use the pre-outs on the 4 channel amp to go to your sub amp. Only draw back with this approach is you can't control the sub crossover points and volume from the deck. You have to use the manual gain and crossover on the amp which is less convenient.

Ric
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
You'll have to buy two sets of RCA splitters and fill all four inputs on your amp from the two outputs on your stereo.

Alternatively, many amps have a sub preout as well, so you can use your two sets of pre-outs on the stereo to your 4 channel to drive the main speakers, then use the pre-outs on the 4 channel amp to go to your sub amp. Only draw back with this approach is you can't control the sub crossover points and volume from the deck. You have to use the manual gain and crossover on the amp which is less convenient.
I see what you mean.
I have three seperate amps now (2 alpines and a sony bridgeable for the single sub) and it looks like I'm out of luck using them with this clarion! I too, don't like the idea of not being able to control the sub volume from the head unit

OhioProstar
04-27-2005, 02:14 PM
The JBL 755.6 will allow you to use the two RCA inputs and covert the inputs into the sub channel.

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO755.6&ser=GTS&cat=AMP

I have this amp in my truck and it kicks azz.

peason
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
good price on Clarion products-

http://www.carmedia1.com/index.html?target=dept_36.html&lang=en-us

Ric
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
The JBL 755.6 will allow you to use the two RCA inputs and covert the inputs into the sub channel.

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=GTO755.6&ser=GTS&cat=AMP

I have this amp in my truck and it kicks azz.
how many speakers are you running off of that amp?
60x4 + 107x2 ? or the other config?

I need to run four factory speakers and one sub (mono/bridged) and still control sub level from the head unit. (this will do that?)

Ric
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
nevermind, I did the nonlazy thing and downloaded the owners manual and it will work in 5 channel mode
I still wonder if using this one superamp will allow the clarion to control the subwoofer level from the headunit?? I can live with the crossover being set on the amp and left alone but I want the level to be something I can tweak when it's bugging me.

OhioProstar
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I have two JBL GTO series 6.5's in the front door, two JBL GTO 4x6s in the rear doors and a 12" Kicker Comp sub under the rear seat in a .75ci box.

For twenty bucks you can get the sub adjustment knob...works great for dialing in different songs.

Mag_Red
04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
I have two JBL GTO series 6.5's in the front door, two JBL GTO 4x6s in the rear doors and a 12" Kicker Comp sub under the rear seat in a .75ci box.

For twenty bucks you can get the sub adjustment knob...works great for dialing in different songs.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif OK I'm thoroughly confused again. I'm not thinking of installing a sub in the boat yet. That's why I was looking at 4 channel amps. But you are saying that if I should add a sub at a later date, I could use a RCA output from the 4 channel amp to hook the sub amp, but I will not be able to fine tune the amount of bass from the head unit???? Or could I with a seperate, remote volume control, connected to the sub amp????

BriEOD
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
I cannot believe for the amount of money those Clarion XMD head units cost that their is not a set of RCA outputs for a sub. I bought a head unit for much less that has 3 sets of RCA outputs (1 for sub) and you can control the sub level right from the head unit or the wireless remote.

Bob--To answer your question, from what I have read as you sit right now, you will not be able to control the sub level from your head unit. However, a lot of head units cannot do that. Basically, you set up the amp and get it dialed in how you like it. If you want to increase/decrease the bass your going to have to adjust the amp manually. I have never heard of an amp that you could use a remote to adjust (that's what the head unit is for) but I'm not the guru of car/boat stereo. I would look at buying a quality 4 channel amp with a built in crossover. You can't go wrong with Alpine, PPI, JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood.

OhioProstar
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Actually the JBL in my truck has a channel for a Sub if you add one at a later date built into the design. The amp itself will allow you to run only the front and rear RCAs as input and will take that signal to create a sub channel internally. It has a sub adjustment to turn the gain up or down depending on your listening habits.

My setup in the boat is a 4 way amp for the mid-range speakers and a mono amp for my sub. The XMD3 uses the front channel to control the sub output so that channel has been split to run into the sub amp as well as the mid-range amp. If I had it to do over I would have used a combination amp in the boat as well.

rodltg2
04-27-2005, 03:23 PM
try all you want , i have the loudest and best stereo. :banana:

Ric
04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
haaaaaaa :worthy: :worthy:

Ric
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I cannot believe for the amount of money those Clarion XMD head units cost that their is not a set of RCA outputs for a sub. I bought a head unit for much less that has 3 sets of RCA outputs (1 for sub) and you can control the sub level right from the head unit or the wireless remote.

Bob--To answer your question, from what I have read as you sit right now, you will not be able to control the sub level from your head unit. However, a lot of head units cannot do that. Basically, you set up the amp and get it dialed in how you like it. If you want to increase/decrease the bass your going to have to adjust the amp manually. I have never heard of an amp that you could use a remote to adjust (that's what the head unit is for) but I'm not the guru of car/boat stereo. I would look at buying a quality 4 channel amp with a built in crossover. You can't go wrong with Alpine, PPI, JBL, Pioneer, Kenwood.

I cannot believe it either
My last boat(I think it was a sony cd head unit had sub out in addition to front and rear out AND a seperate subwoofer level control in the head unit worked out really nice but I guess now I'm spoiled

BriEOD
04-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Nah Rod--There was an article I think last year in WaterSki Mag that had some guy with a Moomba he called Patriot. I can't find it, but he said he had like $40K in stereo and the DVD/TV in the tower. It was all Kenwood stuff he had like 8 10" subs, 16 6.5" with seperates, 12 amps it was freaking unbelieveable. He said he had like 2 years of work into it he had done himself.

rodltg2
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
im just playing. i have that issue, that stereo is crazy. too much stuff though looked ugly.

BriEOD
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree it was to busy, but man I guarantee you could hear the tunes sking 28 off behind that thing. Than you could feed your video camera into the TV and watch your form between sets on the monitor! :uglyhamme

Ric
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree it was to busy, but man I guarantee you could hear the tunes sking 28 off behind that thing. Than you could feed your video camera into the TV and watch your form between sets on the monitor! :uglyhamme
there was a techy guy on the nicholls site that had a tv monitor setup in his boat connected to his camera and used it rather than the ski mirror.
it was alot of gadgetry from the pics I saw

rodltg2
04-27-2005, 03:55 PM
i tried the monitor thing, i thought it was going to be so cool. i wired and lcd screen on the dash which was connected to a video camera on the trakker. it would be cool to drive through the course and just glance down and see the skier at all times.couldnt see a thing the sun just glared out the sceeen .

Ric
04-27-2005, 04:02 PM
i tried the monitor thing, i thought it was going to be so cool. i wired and lcd screen on the dash which was connected to a video camera on the trakker. it would be cool to drive through the course and just glance down and see the skier at all times.couldnt see a thing the sun just glared out the sceeen .
maybe that was you on the nicholls site?

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
So Bob, whatcha gonna do man?

Mag_Red
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
So Bob, whatcha gonna do man?I'll probably go down to some custom sound shops and pick their brains about how all this works. You have to remember, when I was younger, you were rockin if you had an eight track player and some 2way 6x9 Jensen speakers :purplaugh .

BriEOD
04-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh come on man...what are you trying to do? We can figure it out for you. You're going to install it yourself, right? Big thing is to make sure you use good wires and connectors. It's not real hard.

jake
04-28-2005, 08:39 AM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif OK I'm thoroughly confused again. I'm not thinking of installing a sub in the boat yet. That's why I was looking at 4 channel amps. But you are saying that if I should add a sub at a later date, I could use a RCA output from the 4 channel amp to hook the sub amp, but I will not be able to fine tune the amount of bass from the head unit???? Or could I with a separate, remote volume control, connected to the sub amp????

Mag: you would be able to adjust the bass level, but only as much as increasing or decreasing the "bass" on your head unit's EQ. What I was talking about was being able to adjust the relative volume of the sub separate from the 4 channel mains. The only way you can do this is to use a head unit with 3 sets of pre-outs, where one is dedicated for a sub. In this case, the head unit will have a sub gain control, which basically adjusts the relative volume of the sub output.

OhioProstar
04-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Mag,
Let me know if you need any help with your system. We could probably get everything knocked out over a Saturday and a few beers.

Ric
04-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Mag,
Let me know if you need any help with your system. We could probably get everything knocked out over a Saturday and a few beers.
I want my mc factory stereo to have rca sub out and level control!!! :mad:

OhioProstar
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Ric if you have a newer Clarion unit you probably can control the sub from the head unit. Make sure the sub channel is hooked into the front channels of the head unit and you can select a low pass and sub gain.

http://www.teamclarion.com/sharedwebdbs/ClarionSupport.nsf/b519d112bdcca8b588256a630071fab1/338ea07b9a06b67f88256cf600638063/$FILE/XMD3_Eng.pdf

Mag_Red
04-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Mag,
Let me know if you need any help with your system. We could probably get everything knocked out over a Saturday and a few beers. :toast: Thanks for the offer! Maybe when it warms up some as the boat is outside.

Ric
04-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Ric if you have a newer Clarion unit you probably can control the sub from the head unit. Make sure the sub channel is hooked into the front channels of the head unit and you can select a low pass and sub gain.

http://www.teamclarion.com/sharedwebdbs/ClarionSupport.nsf/b519d112bdcca8b588256a630071fab1/338ea07b9a06b67f88256cf600638063/$FILE/XMD3_Eng.pdf
ok I've settled down
I have not actually attempted the install (I didnt have my new boat long enough) so I will take your advice regarding the front channel and see how it goes
sounds like a 4 channel amp for the 4 clarions and a sub amp on the other output will do the trick
Thanks Ohio

Mag, sounds like he knows his shioot, you better feed him some beer and let him wire your boat

Ric
08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Starting the 3 amplifier install process today Ohio
I will report my pitfalls soon

Ric
08-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok reviving this old thread (I should be screwing with this thing in winter, NOT right now)

I have the 05 197 with xmd3 head unit & 4 factory speakers
I've added the JL sub under driver's dash

I have 3 amps (1 for sub(mono), 1 for front factory JLs and 1 for rear factory JLs)
My local stereo guy told me to just use an RCA splitter and run the front & rear amps off the rear channel of the xmd3 and run the front outputs to my sub amp.
He sold me the wrong splitters as I will need male to male splitters for this setup
SOOOO
I installed the sub amp on the front rca outputs and installed the amp for the rear factory JL's on the rear channel leaving the factory front speakers running at line level for the moment.
The rear JL's sound MUCH better with a real 60 per channel alpine amp driving them so I'm anxious to properly drive the fronts ASAP.
BUT,
if anyone has done this, how on earth do I finagle the controls on the head unit to control the sub level as opposed to controlling the bass level on the regular speakers? Is there an actual menu on xmd3 which allows sub control?
I see the different "Z" modes, but that's not what I'm looking for (I don't think?)

What I envision is a setting that allows me to control sub volume WITHOUT adding a buncha bass to my front and rear speakers but I cannot find it.

My thinking is that while I'm driving the JL seperates well, they don't need to be overworked with a buncha bass, now that I have a sub. I've always setup my systems this way and they seem to be solid, sound great and last a long long time.

Ideally, I'd run an active crossover network but this is a BOAT and I need to stop somewhere :o

Somebody help Ric, he's all tangled in wires over there!

Ric
08-17-2005, 06:11 PM
anyone
anyone?
bueller?

BUMP

BriEOD
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Their has been a lot of discussion about that head unit. It's not the most user friendly for installing a "system."

To control your bass you need to install a preamp fader ($50). If I remember right Diesel put some in for his tower speakers. This will allow you to increase/decrease the gain of the amp rather than the bass level on the head unit. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7hjNC7Ilp9s/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=158XA74&search=pre+amp+fader

As for a crossover, you can get passive bass blockers for $4. Also, doesn't your amp have a low/high freq selector? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7hjNC7Ilp9s/cgi-bin/Prodgroup.asp?g=761&search=bass+blockers

I hope this is helpful. Also, PM Diesel and or JimN both of those dudes are very stereo competent.

Ric
08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Their has been a lot of discussion about that head unit. It's not the most user friendly for installing a "system."

To control your bass you need to install a preamp fader ($50). If I remember right Diesel put some in for his tower speakers. This will allow you to increase/decrease the gain of the amp rather than the bass level on the head unit. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7hjNC7Ilp9s/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=158XA74&search=pre+amp+fader

As for a crossover, you can get passive bass blockers for $4. Also, doesn't your amp have a low/high freq selector? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7hjNC7Ilp9s/cgi-bin/Prodgroup.asp?g=761&search=bass+blockers

I hope this is helpful. Also, PM Diesel and or JimN both of those dudes are very stereo competent.
Thank you I will work that angle
I dont think I want passive crossovers but I guess I could live with a preamp fader. I just thought that the xmd3 would have a sub control buried somewhere in it's menus
it'll simultaneously run 14 tv monitors, dvd changer, sirius, cd changer, CENTER CHANNEL, for God's sake and it doesn't have sub control?

BriEOD
08-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you I will work that angle
I dont think I want passive crossovers but I guess I could live with a preamp fader. I just thought that the xmd3 would have a sub control buried somewhere in it's menus
it'll simultaneously run 14 tv monitors, dvd changer, sirius, cd changer, CENTER CHANNEL, for God's sake and it doesn't have sub control?
I don't think it does Ric. I've read a lot of threads on here discussing it. While you're at it break down and by an active crossover. Ya, know if you're gonna do it, do it right. You've got big money anyhow: New 197, new 2500 Chevy, Blonde Slimmie Arm Ornament. Go head and get you one.

MarkP
08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey Brian,

Do you think I need an amp??

ski_patrol_72
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey there Ric, you were talking about the xmd3, it does have a sub out on the unit i belive. I just jumped here in the middile of the conversation but if thats what you were cuious about. Do stay away from passive x-overs, they do suck power and you have no control. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I have been a installer for 12 years.

Ric
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey there Ric, you were talking about the xmd3, it does have a sub out on the unit i belive. I just jumped here in the middile of the conversation but if thats what you were cuious about. Do stay away from passive x-overs, they do suck power and you have no control. Any other questions, feel free to ask. I have been a installer for 12 years.
cool patrol, tell me where I find that subout :confused: I have yet to find it

Ric
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't think it does Ric. I've read a lot of threads on here discussing it. While you're at it break down and by an active crossover. Ya, know if you're gonna do it, do it right. You've got big money anyhow: New 197, new 2500 Chevy, Blonde Slimmie Arm Ornament. Go head and get you one.
I would if I wasn't to busy creating revenue to thereby pay for your schooling! :uglyhamme

ski_patrol_72
08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/Clarion3.pdf

Ric, the owers manual on page 7 refers how to change your rear output to sub out.

Oh i bet im going to get flack for using a CC website, lol

jake
08-18-2005, 02:16 PM
What I envision is a setting that allows me to control sub volume WITHOUT adding a buncha bass to my front and rear speakers but I cannot find it.

My thinking is that while I'm driving the JL seperates well, they don't need to be overworked with a buncha bass, now that I have a sub. I've always setup my systems this way and they seem to be solid, sound great and last a long long time.

Ideally, I'd run an active crossover network but this is a BOAT and I need to stop somewhere :o

Somebody help Ric, he's all tangled in wires over there!

If your amps running your main speakers have a crossover built in, you can just set them on high pass mode and set the cut out point to about 120hz, then when you turn up the bass, it won't affect the output of the mains. If you do this, I'd also set the lowpass filter on your mono sub amp to the same point. This will give you the cleanest sound, ie no overlaping or competing sound waves. Not familiar with your specific equipment, but your JL seperates (which I think are 6.5" 2 way) as mains with say a 10 or 12 inch sub, 120Hz is probably a good starting point, you can tune up or down depending on what sounds good to you.

Some high end head units will have internal active crossover networks for the three sets of pre-outs. Sounds like you don't have that, but most amps these days come with basic crossovers built in.

BriEOD
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Also, doesn't your amp have a low/high freq selector?
Ok, two of us are saying that now Ric...are you listening?

BriEOD
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Brian,

Do you think I need an amp??

It would increase the volume and quality of your tunes. But, to answer your question, no. Save the money for a plane ticket to Nashville. ;)

Ric
08-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Ok, two of us are saying that now Ric...are you listening?
working on it!!!! Thanks guys! :steering:
I can tell you the 2 full range amps are old alpines and I doubt they have filter switches or crossovers since they wanted you to buy active crossover network hardware.

I will look when I get home.

Ric
08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
see my last boat had a sony headunit which had a built in crossover & sent a sub bass only signal to the subwoofer amp
I guess that was too simple for clarion?
I have to say that looking at the manual makes me laugh regarding all the magical things this xmd3 unit will do that my guess 99% of the users will never need.

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Pull it out and put something else in there.

Ric
08-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Pull it out and put something else in there.
we don't have a need to do that at my house Brian 8p

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
You've got "issues" Ric.

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:04 PM
You've got "issues" Ric.
Bri are you my ex wife?

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Bri are you my ex wife?
Uh, no don't think so. And if I was, you would be the b*tch.

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Uh, no don't think so. And if I was, you would be the b*tch.
you talk like her hmmmmmmmm

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Sorry Ric, I'm not into middle aged bald guys. You might try H20 Woman.

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry Ric, I'm not into middle aged bald guys. You might try H20 Woman.
neither is my ex wife
but I'm not close to middle age, I just look like it

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll tell you like the lesbian told my buddy when he tried to pick her up while we were TDY to Vegas (Nellis); I LIKE P***Y SO LEAVE ME THE F**K ALONE!!

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
I'll tell you like the lesbian told my buddy when he tried to pick her up while we were TDY to Vegas (Nellis); I LIKE P***Y SO LEAVE ME THE F**K ALONE!!
hey soldier, I'm not hitting on you :eek3:

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm not a soldier I'm an airman.

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm not a soldier I'm an airman.
DAMMIT I forgot, I almost said airman but I thought that was Tim

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Both of us big guy!! :purplaugh

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Both of us big guy!! :purplaugh
I'm still concerned about the fact that you thought I was a 'mo
AIRMAN

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey I don't know...you might be one of those closet mo's. You try it once and your hooked!! :uglyhamme

Ric
08-19-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm ok with chics into that on tv, what does that mean dr freud?

BriEOD
08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
You got me man. I think you're alright though. You have a big truck, a slimmie and a sweet boat. As long as you don't chew on pen caps or something I think you might make it. ;)

Ric
08-22-2005, 06:15 PM
You got me man. I think you're alright though. You have a big truck, a slimmie and a sweet boat. As long as you don't chew on pen caps or something I think you might make it. ;)
well I don't so I've got that going for me.... Which is nice.... I think

Ric
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
ok so I referenced MYMC's notice regarding the XMD3 reset procedure and realized, THERE IS a subwoofer output control on this HU
I haven't got it all dialed in yet because this clarion has so many features I think it could pull slalom!
Bottom line, there is a low pass filter that you can choose the crossover points on the screen if you hold down the top right hand button for 2 seconds. This is the reset procedure that people need to do if their tower speakers or subs seem inoperable after they've removed the boat battery long term.

amesgardner
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I put in a new Clarion APX480M - $233 delivered from an Ebay store. Sounds great

OhioProstar
09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
That's a good amp...keep it dry as a couple of my buddies with Baja's have had trouble with them since the factory mounts them in the rear seat hold without much weather protection.

amesgardner
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
It is the marine one (so they say), but I did mount it under the glove box and off the floor in my ProStar 197. Thanks for the heads-up.