PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 210 Lost all Gauges

Mid TN
08-11-2008, 01:57 PM
My fuel sender came apart and I found the fix on here, Thank You Mutley!!!

Put it all back together and now I lost ALL my gauges. The volt meter will barely move
just a little. Everything was fine prior to this. Have disconected the battery, didn't help.
The blower, bilge and depth finder all have power. Any body have any ideas where to start looking? Sounds like a ground wire, but only the battery cable was removed. Thanks!

Gonzo
08-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Im with you on the ground, but not much help. I would find the ground on the fuel sender and trace it back from there. if you opened the dash at all then check the main ground coming from there. on my 91 all the switches were daisychained together on the ground so I assume my gauges are as well... sorry no hard answers.

Muttley
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Your welcome.

Man, electrical is such a fussy thing. My first instinct woul be to make sure you didn't disturb any wires behind the tank. I'm not familiar with the PS210, but on my 205 there seems to be random wires all over!

It sounds like it may be an unrelated problem. Was there any other wires connected to the battery? Did you pull the dash?

TMCNo1
08-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Your profile says PS205, OK what's the 210, a 205 with 5 people as ballast?