PDA

View Full Version : 1996 prostar backseat question

boatweight
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
The last owner had the back seat on my 96 prostar re-covered but it looks like they left the hardware off so the seat tends to slide out. There is hardware mounted on each side of the rails that the seat sits on but no way to attach the seat to the clips.

Could somone tell me what I am missing? Picture would be cool or just point me in the right direction.

Thanks Lee

Sodar
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
I have the hardware from my old '96 and can send it to you, if you PM me your address.

Also, just out of curiosity, what does your '96 look like? Someone bought my '96 LT-1 and took it to Idaho. I had my seat remade because the honeycome aluminum weakened and I left my seat hardware off. Just curious is if it the same boat?

NU-skier
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
My 98 came with two bungies that have square loops on each end to hold the seat in place when the seat is set up high into the sun platform position. When in the down position as a seat, the bungies are in the glovebox. Used them once back in Jan 1998, the day we bought it. :o The seat hasn't been setup in the sun platform position since. Our seat doesn't slide very easy and it stays in place until we move it forward at the end of the day to allow the seat and carpet to dry out.

Marcos
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I have the hardware from my old '96 and can send it to you, if you PM me your address.

Also, just out of curiosity, what does your '96 look like? Someone bought my '96 LT-1 and took it to Idaho. I had my seat remade because the honeycome aluminum weakened and I left my seat hardware off. Just curious is if it the same boat?

Sodar, I have the same problem with the rearseat bending and weakening. How did you fix it and with what? I would rather not use wood as a new base. Mine is used in both the low and the sundeck position. With a crowded boat, the seat slides out and the problem gets worse with the minute.