PDA

View Full Version : Swim platform compatibility?

careyana
08-11-2008, 11:23 AM
We have a 97 ProStar 205 that we bought used. Unfortunately the teak platform was not well maintained and is pretty much beyond hope. Someone is selling a practically unused teak platform from a 2000 205 and I'd LOVE to pick it up but I'm not sure if it would fit our 205? Help? The included measurements in the ad are Approximate dimensions are 65 1/2 x 20

JohnnyB
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Beyond hope??

Let's see some pics....with some sanding and a three step cleanup, you'd be surprised what you can end up with.

Also, could you buy the one from the newer 205 and retrofit it...i'd guess its probably wider, however, you could always cut it narrower and use your exisiting mounting brackets from your old platform????

How bout some pics of the old platform?

careyana
08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Beyond hope??

Let's see some pics....with some sanding and a three step cleanup, you'd be surprised what you can end up with.

Also, could you buy the one from the newer 205 and retrofit it...i'd guess its probably wider, however, you could always cut it narrower and use your exisiting mounting brackets from your old platform????

How bout some pics of the old platform?

Well, most of the boards are cracked and last weekend we noticed a definite weakening in the middle of the platform. It could probably be restored but... :(

I'd love to post some pics but it's sitting in the driveway about 20 miles away right now.

Also, the guy posting this is only asking 150 for it. Crazy deal and it's in really good shape.

Skipper
08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Aside from the general measurements for size the boats may have a different radius at the stern. Since it is teak, you should be able to trim to adjust to fit your boat. If yours is so cracked and damaged that it cannot be brought back to life, get the other one. It may require you to do some cutting/trimming and relocation of the supports to make it fit, but you should be able to do it.

coz
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
:cool::cool::cool:

etduc
08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, most of the boards are cracked and last weekend we noticed a definite weakening in the middle of the platform. It could probably be restored but... :(

I'd love to post some pics but it's sitting in the driveway about 20 miles away right now.

Also, the guy posting this is only asking 150 for it. Crazy deal and it's in really good shape.

http://austin.craigslist.org/boa/791536046.html

Plan a: nail plywood on top of yours

Plan b: http://teakworldenterprises.samsbiz.com/ Not to much more, fits, low hassle factor.

Sodar
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
A '97 205 and a '00 205 are the same hull. That platform will work just fine. Better pick it up quick though. Craigslist ads on here sell pretty quick once they are posted!

coz
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
A '97 205 and a '00 205 are the same hull. That platform will work just fine. Better pick it up quick though. Craigslist ads on here sell pretty quick once they are posted!

Sodar's right get it! I'd buy it just to resell for a few $$$ :D

Itsme
09-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I replaced the platform on my 91 ps190.
I picked up a new one from an x-star from my local mc dealer for cheap and then took it to a woodworking shop and had them cut it narrower to work with the narrower stern shape.
It looks great and works better because the new one is deeper and solid vs. having slats.