PDA

View Full Version : Australia, I need some help please !!!

chudson
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
To TT members in Austrailia, my daughter is visiting your country right now, she's visiting a number of girls she met in her "study abroad" part of college and has started in Melbourne. She's then going to Sydney, Cairns, Airlie Beach, Brisbane , then back to Melbourne to come home. She'll be there till the August 22nd when she heading back. Can any of you pass along some ideas on where to go and what to see while she's visiting that her ole Dad might pass along. Any thoughts from you will be appreciated.

Thanks

tex
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
And while your at it...please send any of your hot Australian daughters our way. I have a very nice boat and will take them out on it while they are here. I will even show them some sites!

ShamrockIV
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
And while your at it...please send any of your hot Australian daughters our way. I have a very nice boat and will take them out on it while they are here. I will even show them some sites!

hospitable aren't u?????? lol

crank
08-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Chudson you need to clear your in box, can't send any more details and I forgot some items.

AussieMC
08-10-2008, 03:02 AM
What sort of stuff is she interested in? I could recommend lots of things to do around Sydney, depending on her interests.

tex
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
What sort of stuff is she interested in? I could recommend lots of things to do around Sydney, depending on her interests.

Ahhh such fond memories....I knew a great young girl named Sydney!

shepherd
08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I knew a guy named Sydney, but not in that way... :cool:

shepherd
08-10-2008, 05:03 PM
We found a beach on the coast somewhere pretty far south of Sydney that had a large pack of kangaroos living there. They would come right up to us and take crackers out of our hands. Very nice beach in a rain forest with parrots flying around in the trees. I think there was a primitive campground there. We had to drive about a mile or two down a dirt road from the main coastal highway.

We read about the place in a tour book. It was 15 years ago and I can't remember exactly where it was. I think it was on the second day of a driving trip we made down the coast from Sydney. Do any of you Aussies know what I'm talking about? It was a highlight of our trip.

chudson
08-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hi Chudson you need to clear your in box, can't send any more details and I forgot some items.

Thanks crank I've sent her your suggestioins and have cleared space for pm's !!!

She's a pretty typical college grad going on to grad school in Chicago, she's 24 worked at a bar to help her and us get her through school she's a great kid and pretty savy with lota common sence so she's nothing loke me, ha ha!! Hope that helps.

We found a beach on the coast somewhere pretty far south of Sydney that had a large pack of kangaroos living there. They would come right up to us and take crackers out of our hands. Very nice beach in a rain forest with parrots flying around in the trees. I think there was a primitive campground there. We had to drive about a mile or two down a dirt road from the main coastal highway.

We read about the place in a tour book. It was 15 years ago and I can't remember exactly where it was. I think it was on the second day of a driving trip we made down the coast from Sydney. Do any of you Aussies know what I'm talking about? It was a highlight of our trip.

Thanks Shepard I am emailing her all your info

And thanks to all of you for all the suggestions I really appreciate it!!! Cec

AussieMC
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM

There's Beaches al the way down the south coast of New South Wales like the one you've mentioned. It could have been around Batemans Bay, possibly a place called Depot Beach or Durras Lakes. Kangaroos are every where they even hop down the main street in Sydney:)

crank
08-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi all,
The beach you are talking about is called Green Patch', it is just inside the south head of Jervis Bay on the south coast, a few hours south of Sydney.

It's a pretty nice spot and yes the roos play in the surf and the birds are tame and it has a basic camping area.

chudson
08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks again "crank", I'm emailing her your message. She's already been to Sydney but she's goin back before she heads home.

causewayskiier
08-15-2008, 10:36 AM
There great diving and snorkling around Carnes, that the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.