PDA

View Full Version : Find a Lake Resource Section by State

Roonie's
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I know I am always looking for better and different riding spots and being a newcomer to the state of MN there are not any good resources that I have found that help in finding a good ski/wakeboard/surf lake around. Most resources I find are geared towards fisherman. It would be great to have a section in here by state that people can recommend good lakes to visit and there characteristics from the people that use them or have visted them. Characteristics like where to launch, launch fees, and any rules on the lake (like no wake till noon), and good inlets to go to for smooth water, places to tie up boat for lunch, gas stations, etc. I think it could be done here and provide a great resource for those folks looking for a new spot to use their Mastercraft.

coz
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I know I am always looking for better and different riding spots and being a newcomer to the state of MN there are not any good resources that I have found that help in finding a good ski/wakeboard/surf lake around. Most resources I find are geared towards fisherman. It would be great to have a section in here by state that people can recommend good lakes to visit and there characteristics from the people that use them or have visted them. Characteristics like where to launch, launch fees, and any rules on the lake (like no wake till noon), and good inlets to go to for smooth water, places to tie up boat for lunch, gas stations, etc. I think it could be done here and provide a great resource for those folks looking for a new spot to use their Mastercraft.

With 10,000 lakes I would think that wouldn't be a prob :confused:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/united_states/minnesota_1990.jpg

Roonie's
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
With 10,000 lakes I would think that wouldn't be a prob :confused:

What the fine print doesn't state is that it is the land of 10,000 ponds/ barely big enough for a small fishing boat but call it a lake anyways. There are definately some good sized lakes here spread around

I have 4 lakes within 5 miles of my house. One of them launch is too shallow can't get boat into and lake at best is 9 feet deep just down the street. All four of them you can only go clockwise (due to small size) and no wake until noon.

I have a lake I go to on a regular basis but always looking for better spots. Hate to pack everything up and head out to an unknown to find it is great for fisherman but not for boarding (happened 3 times now).

When I find mtn bike trails I go to a web site to look at all the trails posted and read feedback from riders about those trails. Same idea....