PDA

View Full Version : Everything is dead

Alteczen
08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I have an 08 xstar with the dual battery setup. After returning from a trip this weekend I noticed one of the dash switches was left on and thus the batteries were drained. I threw a charger on them thinking that after a recharge that everything would be fine.

Charging the batteries does nothing. If I turn the key to the right (start engine) I get absolutely nothing. If I turn the key to the left I get a solid beep. No dash components work. The only thing that does is the courtesy lights. I've checked all the connections (pos/neg on batteries, engine, dual battery switch, amps) and everything is solid. I've double check the kill switch and that the boat is in neutral. However I'm at a standstill. I'm not sure what the next thing to try is...? I even tried isolating the 2 batteries down to 1 to see if 1 of the batteries was the issue. Neither one will work.

Thx for the help.

Alteczen
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM
never mind.... i guess it helps if the battery charger you are using works. It said it was charging but after getting some funny readings from it I decided to hook the truck up to the boat batteries and everything fired right up.

JPenland
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Be careful jumping the boat. I have 06 X-15 with Optima batteries there is a spec sheet from optima warring about jumping deep cycle batteries they recommend charging And sure enough had a dead battery jumped it and a day later was replaceing it at $275 a battery

OhioX14
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Also, install a Master Switch. It would have prevented this from occuring and is great piece of mind. Just make sure you leave it on whenever the boat is in the water so your bilge pumps can run if necessary.

dapicatti
08-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Master switch is the key.....hindsight is 20/20