PDA

View Full Version : stock prop, what to expect?

jixxxer
08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
The boat I just bought has an acme prop:543,
Dia. 13"
pitch 11.5
cup .080
blade 3
bore 1"
rot. LH

Well I bent it, so im going to put the stock prop on. Just wondering what I can expect. Most of what we do is wakeboard.

I borrowed a prop puller, so I assume I just put the puller on and start cranking until the prop pops off? Will the rudder be in the way?

TMCNo1
08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Contact http://www.ojprops.com/ or Acme, have your OEM prop info and boat info (engine, transmission, how you use it) handy and discuss it with them about repairs to the damaged prop, the OEM prop and maybe even a new prop.
One of the only ways to find out what the OEM prop will run like, is to install it and see how it performs. There are so many variables that it would be hard for someone, unknown to you, with the same boat and how it's powered, loaded etc to tell you how your boat is going to run.

PS, It's like asking someone on here, how well one of your old girlfriends will perform in bed tomorrow, when they don't even know her and have and never will ever meet her.

kgrove
08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
PS, It's like asking someone on here, how well one of your old girlfriends will perform in bed tomorrow, when they don't even know her and have and never will ever meet her.

Correct - without seeing and meeting your old propeller, nobody can say your old propeller will be as good as your current propeller. But so long as you get to rev up your engine, is there such thing as a performance that isn't at least adequate? How bad can she... I mean your old propeller... be?

east tx skier
08-06-2008, 05:11 PM
No need to pull the rudder. Unscrew the nut on the prop shaft to the end of the shaft, but not all the way off. Then tighten the puller until the prop "pops."

If it's a 3 blade stocker, the hole shot will not be as good and it probably won't run as smoothly as the Acme did.

kgrove
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Dammit! My joke would have been funnier if I had thought about adding a comment about the hole shot or what to do with the shaft and nuts... Good catch, East TX.

TMCNo1
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Correct - without seeing and meeting your old propeller, nobody can say your old propeller will be as good as your current propeller. But so long as you get to rev up your engine, is there such thing as a performance that isn't at least adequate? How bad can she... I mean your old propeller... be?

:uglyhamme:woohoo::uglyhamme