PDA

View Full Version : Sky Diving Anyone???

trickskier
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Well my daughter has this wild hair and she wants to go sky diving. So this Saturday we are all going to jump out of a "PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE"..................8p

coz
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Well my daughter has this wild hair and she wants to go sky diving. So this Saturday we are all going to jump out of a "PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE"..................8p

Sounds like fun??:confused: good luck and don't forget your boat :D

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/SkydiveRaft.jpg

trickskier
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Sounds like fun??:confused: good luck and don't forget your boat :D

http://www.wetasschronicles.com/SkydiveRaft.jpg

They need an anchor.....................8p

coz
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
They need an anchor.....................8p

Just in case you get air sick :D

http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzxa/p/parachutetoi.jpg

Or normal use if needed :eek:

ski_king
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Its been nice knowing you.

shepherd
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Saturday huh? You jumping at Deland or somewhere further North?

I wonder if I'll hear your screaming from here in Orlando. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey Tricky I'm still in your will for the boat right?

silverblueBP
08-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Make sure you get video!! Just before I moved from Bunnell to Kansas, many moons ago, one of my co-workers convinced me to go with him to Deland and jump. Man, what a cool, exhilarating, adrenalin filled heart pumper that was.
My problem was that it scared my better half to death (and she wasn't even in the same state), I gave it up when I moved and started something much safer....open tracking my 66.

Have fun and whatever you do, don't breathe while looking down :D

wakeX2wake
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
i had a good time but it wasn't all i thought it would be... honestly i played it up in my head WAY too much... fun stuff though... only 1/1000 don't make it so what are the odds right? and i think that stat is worldwide though so the US is probably much better than say Mexico or Venezuela on restrictions... it's good fun... just wait for the heart warming feeling when the instructor loosens up your harness after the chute is pulled... haha you drop about 3cm and you're pretty sure you're dead for half a second

ShamrockIV
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
is the plane crashing???? what are my odds of surviving??

i guess i like my armored vechiles too much to jump from a perfectly good plane!!!

Kevin&Annie
08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
You will have a blast!!! I did it many many moons ago for my 21st birthday. It was one of the coolest things ever!!! Have a good time!

wakeX2wake
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
i guess i like my armored vechiles too much to jump from a perfectly good plane!!!

the ones i've jumped from and from what i hear from most other people about the "skydiving" planes they've jumped from... you're pretty much ready to jump when it's time... the whole way up my first jump i was thinking... "if we can just get to jump height i'm taking my chances w/ the parachute"

ps had a guy go w/ us the second time i jumped... it was his first time to be in a plane... he was the only person i'd ever known who had been up in an airplane but never landed in one... pretty funny... he's flown commercially since but for about a year or two there...

ShamrockIV
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
You will have a blast!!! I did it many many moons ago for my 21st birthday. It was one of the coolest things ever!!! Have a good time!

lol yeah u are ready for the retirement home there granny!!! :D

Kevin&Annie
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
lol yeah u are ready for the retirement home there granny!!! :D
That's what Kevin says! :) Especially now that another b-day is right around the corner!

ShamrockIV
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
That's what Kevin says! :) Especially now that another b-day is right around the corner!

sounds like he needs to trade you before your got too many miles!!! lol

major thread jack!!!

ProTour X9
08-06-2008, 11:10 AM
"The first times easy, its the second time thats hard" - John Wayne

Kevin&Annie
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
The plane we jumped out of didn't look like it would survive the landing! Come to find out, the plane they normally use crashed the week before. We were also going to have a video done of the jump, but the guy that does the filming broke his arm in a jump a couple of days before. So he was our one-armed pilot instead! There was no way I was going to be in that plane when/if it landed!

trickskier
08-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Well, the weather is clear this morning. So, there is NO backing-out...............8p

After a successful jump this morning the wife, kids, and I are going to celebrate our anniversary at Ruth's Chris tonight..................:D

coz
08-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Well, the weather is clear this morning. So, there is NO backing-out...............8p

After a successful jump this morning the wife, kids, and I are going to celebrate our anniversary at Ruth's Chris tonight..................:D

Good luck tricky and happy anniversary to you and the little llady :D

TMCNo1
08-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Enjoy it all!

bigmac
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I used to skydive a lot when I was younger (a lot younger). Those were the days before the flying canopies. The concept back then was that free-fall was the point, and the chute was just a means of getting to the ground after free fall. My old Para-Commander didn't fly - the only control was rotating it to determine the direction you were moving, and there was no flare on landing - you hit with about the force of jumping off a 6-foot stepladder. Most of the guys in our club were using modded military canopies, which had an even lower L/D. Back then, there was no tandem-jumping - your first four jumps were solo with a static line opening the parachute immediately. If you lived through those, then you could move up to a 3-count of free-fall, actually pulling the ripcord yourself, as long as you had landed with the dummy ripcord pulled and in your hand on the static line jumps.

My wife made a few tandem jumps years ago, and she told me the other day that my daughter has signed up for a jump next weekend and that she was going to go too. I'd love to see how these new-fangled flying canopies work, but I'm resistant to the concept of jumping out of an airplane clipped to someone else. I know it's safe, I'm just resistant to handing over that much control of my life.

CBergerson
08-09-2008, 11:06 AM
In honor of Tricky's bravery, here is a short clip of a friend and me from October of 2001. I am not in the video as I am off to the right of the camera in the cramped plane. She got the honor of being video-taped as she is much better looking than me!

Notice how she tightens and adjusts her straps after the door is opened.

This was filmed at the airport in Owatonna, where the small plane crashed last week and killed the 8 people who were on a business trip.

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l440/ChadBergerson/th_SkydiveOct2001.jpg (http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l440/ChadBergerson/?action=view&current=SkydiveOct2001.flv)

trickskier
08-10-2008, 07:08 AM
I used to skydive a lot when I was younger (a lot younger). Those were the days before the flying canopies. The concept back then was that free-fall was the point, and the chute was just a means of getting to the ground after free fall. My old Para-Commander didn't fly - the only control was rotating it to determine the direction you were moving, and there was no flare on landing - you hit with about the force of jumping off a 6-foot stepladder. Most of the guys in our club were using modded military canopies, which had an even lower L/D. Back then, there was no tandem-jumping - your first four jumps were solo with a static line opening the parachute immediately. If you lived through those, then you could move up to a 3-count of free-fall, actually pulling the ripcord yourself, as long as you had landed with the dummy ripcord pulled and in your hand on the static line jumps.

My wife made a few tandem jumps years ago, and she told me the other day that my daughter has signed up for a jump next weekend and that she was going to go too. I'd love to see how these new-fangled flying canopies work, but I'm resistant to the concept of jumping out of an airplane clipped to someone else. I know it's safe, I'm just resistant to handing over that much control of my life.

We all did the tandem jump. I think my wife is hooked..................:rolleyes:
The ram air chute gives you a lot of control. They even let us control it it for a few minutes.

bigmac
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
We all did the tandem jump. I think my wife is hooked..................:rolleyes:
The ram air chute gives you a lot of control. They even let us control it it for a few minutes.

Very cool. I recall the first time I climbed out onto the strut of a flying airplane as vividly as if it was yesterday. I've made over 100 jumps, but that memory still makes my palms itch.

I'm told that parachute gear is rather expensive these days. Will you have to buy gear for the whole family now, or can you get by with just a couple of rigs, to start? :D

SkiDog
08-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey Tricky I'm still in your will for the boat right?

And I'm still getting the wakesurfer that you haven't bought yet, right?

RexDog1
08-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Crazy Old Man :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
08-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Crazy Old Man :rolleyes:

I bet he forgot his billfold and left his Cutty in the plane!:rolleyes::D

SkiDog
08-10-2008, 11:58 AM

Nah, the wifey was with him! No Cutty on this trip!:uglyhamme:
He left it on the bow of the boat again!

trickskier
08-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Not a chance of forgetting it on this trip........................;)
They told me if my checked bounced so would I!!!................8p

Willski
08-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Cool. I did a static line solo jump about 10 years ago. Pretty neat. Glad to hear you had a "soft" landing.

atlfootr
08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Did it 3x' same day ... Skydiv'n that is, West Wind Parachute Center in a po' dunk town called Locust Grove, GA.
Hope ya all made it down to Earth in one piece,:rolleyes:

Dosen't everyone know, Trix's jus' tying to keep up w/ his 'Mentor" Banana George, who learned to Skydive at the early age of 82.
And using his FSU daughter as an excuse to enable him to just 'Do It".

mlay
08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Never did skydiving myself. Over 100 jumps in the military but all static. Thinking about giving it a gift to my daughter when she turns 16 though. I think she would love it...a tandem jump. If she wants me along for the ride then I'm up for it.

rodecker1978
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Did a 12k foot jump last summer in Longmont, Colorado. It was a great experience...my chute opened and everything... :D

trickskier
08-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Never did skydiving myself. Over 100 jumps in the military but all static. Thinking about giving it a gift to my daughter when she turns 16 though. I think she would love it...a tandem jump. If she wants me along for the ride then I'm up for it.

You need to check with the company......................
My son is 16 and they would not let him jump.................He was bummed...............8p

mlay
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up...will do.

atlfootr
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
You need to check with the company......................
My son is 16 and they would not let him jump8p

What's the to old' to jump age, other wise know as the cutt off age?

trickskier
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
What's the to old' to jump age, other wise know as the cutt off age?

Don't know..................They gladly took my money!!! ;)

atlfootr
08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
They took yours, but probably let Banana G. jump for FREE :D
So where are ALL THE PIC'S?

trickskier
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
They took yours, but probably let Banana G. jump for FREE :D
So where are ALL THE PIC'S?

On my daughters camera............She's supposed to e-mail them to me.

atlfootr
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
And the KEY WORDs here are?
'Suppose to', now where have I heard those before :rolleyes:

trickskier
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
And the KEY WORDs here are?
'Suppose to', now where have I heard those before :rolleyes:

Let's just say when she gets time.....................:rolleyes:

atlfootr
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Put some pressure on her, tell her the guys on the board want to see her Seminole Daddy in the middle of some serious G Forces :D

Willski
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Put some pressure on her, tell her the guys on the board want to see her Seminole Daddy in the middle of some serious G Forces :D

All I heard was something 'ol Daddy??