PDA

View Full Version : Bow Vent 88 Prostar

andyhoyt
08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Still looking for a port side bow vent for an 88 Prostar. Have tried all the usual suspects (West Marine, Overtons, Barts, Boaters World, Rambo Marine, etc...). Any other old dealers or guys with some old stock would be appreciated. Or if anyone knows the manufacturer of those vents, I will pay for a "one off". That vent will "complete me"!!!!

rholmes
08-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Can you post a pic of it?

andyhoyt
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Here is a pic of the starboard side bow vent, the port side is a mirror image (exactly reverse).

rholmes
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
That's just dang wierd! I know I saw that one at my local boater's world when I was replaceing my rear plastic vents (the ones that are about 20in long on either side of the stern). I'll go back to it and look to see if they still have them. The only thing is they were stainless (I was looking because mine were in sorry shape too, but I ended up sanding and repainting them). I'll let you know if I can still find them. In the meantime, have you contacted Jim @ BAWS?

andyhoyt
08-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks, I appreciate any help. I am not too hung up on the color, I'll paint it anyway. Jim is a good friend, but you're right, not sure if I asked him!!! Thanks.

BrianM
08-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Get a list of the MC dealers throughout the country and start making phone calls. that is what I did when looking for an old no longer available gauge. Found one about 10 calls in at a dealer in California. Good luck.

SkiDog
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks, I appreciate any help. I am not too hung up on the color, I'll paint it anyway. Jim is a good friend, but you're right, not sure if I asked him!!! Thanks.

Just do like we did back in the day when we needed a part. Find a boat thats got one, and go borrow it!:D:D:D

andyhoyt
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks Eddie. Where do you keep your boat? I may be making a trip down there!!!!

TMCNo1
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Check with Lex @ http://www.rambomarine.com/ , they are known to carry alot of older MC parts!

BrianM
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Check with Lex @ http://www.rambomarine.com/ , they are known to carry alot of older MC parts!

In his fist post he said he has already tried Rambo. Might want to get those glasses checked :rolleyes:

SkiDog
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Eddie. Where do you keep your boat? I may be making a trip down there!!!!

I've got an X2, so that method won't work here pal! However, i do know a guy in Winston Salem N.C. that has a boat similar to yours, and the vent is already I think, been powered coated black! Wanna make a roadtrip?:D No telling what else we could scrounge up at his house!:)

andyhoyt
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Many years have passed!!! I was still thinking blue/white Prostar (right?)!!! Sorry, I'm just getting back in the game......picking up where I left off!!!!

TMCNo1
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I've got an X2, so that method won't work here pal! However, i do know a guy in Winston Salem N.C. that has a boat similar to yours, and the vent is already I think, been powered coated black! Wanna make a roadtrip?:D No telling what else we could scrounge up at his house!:)

Ya'll are welcome anytime, and I'll welcome you with open arms! Did I say arms or firearms?:rolleyes:
I wish I had a extra that you could have, but I don't. There is always the boat salvage yards as a option.

SkiDog
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Many years have passed!!! I was still thinking blue/white Prostar (right?)!!! Sorry, I'm just getting back in the game......picking up where I left off!!!!

You're thinking of Ernie Knight's boat. I had the 88 Platinum Prostar. he's a pic of the last time Ernie used his boat. BTW, the vent on his boat is no longer there!:D

TMCNo1
08-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Andy, here is your source for spare parts, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maste...spagenameZWDVW (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mastercraft-Prostar-190-19-Ski-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQihZ006QQite mZ160269278300QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

andyhoyt
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
You're thinking of Ernie Knight's boat. I had the 88 Platinum Prostar. he's a pic of the last time Ernie used his boat. BTW, the vent on his boat is no longer there!:D

Holy crap!!!! What happened? Sorry for the confusion, I remember now!!

andyhoyt
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Ya'll are welcome anytime, and I'll welcome you with open arms! Did I say arms or firearms?:rolleyes:
I wish I had a extra that you could have, but I don't. There is always the boat salvage yards as a option.

WOW!! Nice ride!! Looks like the far superior version of my boat!!!

Jim@BAWS
08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mastercraft-Prostar-190-19-Ski-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQihZ006QQite mZ160269278300QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That PS 190 from 88 looks familar. I would bet an Old Gardens boat. Andy you may remember the Sticklands on Lake Saxon, They owned a 88 PS 190 from the Gardens. It had a PCM replacment motor in it. Larry Holt bought one other one and I forget the other one at FWS. I wonder if that is the same boat? I also remeber the 89 from the Gardens w/ the 454 when I had to go out and spread the guys ashes on Bell Lake out of that boat because no one else would get in the boat....that is a story for another day

Talk to you soom

Jim@BAWS

andyhoyt
08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
When you called me earlier and I was looking through ebay, I came across that listing and thought the exact same thing. I am positive that is the same boat. I believe we nominated you under the auspices that you were a soldier and accustomed to spreading ashes out of boats!!!!! Whatever that meant!!!!

SkiDog
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Holy crap!!!! What happened? Sorry for the confusion, I remember now!!

Ernie was pulling a barefooter on the boom, while driving he was sitting on the back of the seat, looking at the footer. There were 5-6 other people in the boat, all looking at the skier. he didn't notice that he was drifting too far to the right and getting close to the riverbank. Then out of nowhere, a huge oaktree got in his way! Hit it at about 6" to the right of the nose of the boat running about 38mph. You see the results. Nobody was seriously hurt. How Lucky