PDA

View Full Version : lesson learned - loose front seat backrest 205V

brucemac
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
well, i guess you could say i learned the hard way

i pulled the bottom front cusion out from the back rest without first removing the other seats. it was a tight fit and i pulled up to hard i guess becuase i think i pulled the bottom left corner from it's screw/backing. anyway, it's now loose on that side corner.

it's not flapping or making noise, but i'd like to fix it

i didn't have a lot of time to examine it, but it looks frickin' impossible to get any type of tool up there to fix it. also, it doesn't look like a screw.

any advice on how to re-attach/secure it?

brucemac
08-05-2008, 12:53 AM
wow no lovin'

anybody?

east tx skier
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Is it thru-bolted or is it a plastic clip. If the latter (presumably), I think they snap back together. I never let curiosity get the best of me with those little doohickies.

rholmes
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry, I don't know how they attach. I had some problems with mine, but they had screws attaching the wood frame to the fiberglass. They are just the right length to not poke you and when I tried to switch them for new stainless steel ones that were a little longer, well, let's say my wife was mad when she flopped down on the seat!

brucemac
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
thanks for the replies fellas. yeah, it's plastic for sure. i've tried to get it to snap together, but only by pressing firmly on the seat back. i can't figure out how to get my hand up behind the fiberglass. is there a trick to this? anybody else know?