PDA

View Full Version : Transducer mounting??

CantRepeat
08-03-2008, 01:12 PM
So my transducer on my 92 has come unglued. I'm not sure what is used to to hold them in but it looks like a pinkish plaster type stuff.

Anyone have some tips on regluing it back down and any idea what its glued with?

As always, thanks for your help.

TMCNo1
08-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Epoxy! Clean the place up by removing all the old adhesive down to the gelcoat, whatever kind it was, clean the area good with lacquer thinner or acetone, mix some 5 minute epoxy, place a glob just a bit larger than the transducer, place the transducer in the epoxy and mash down to get out all the air bubbles and let it set up several hours before use.

boofer
08-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I mounted mine with an epoxy recommended by my dealer. They use it. Like TMC said, make sure you get the area really clean with an acetone. I used fingernail polish remover, aka acetone.

CantRepeat
08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, the old puck was off and the strange thing about it was that it still had the protective thin protective strip still on it. You know the one that says remove before installation. Anyway, the junk that was holding it down is pinkish looking. I got a hammer and putty knife and got most of it off. Then got a block of wood and sand papper get the rest off. I'll run some acetone over it before I install the new one.

My boat is a 92 so I assume the new Hummingbird's have some electronic imporvments over the older ones. I hope anyway. The old one would go from 7 feet to 189 feet for no reason.