PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Bad Weekend

D3skier
08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Well, it all started Friday night with a phone call to my mother. After a short talk with her I found out the results from my fathers test results for pancreatic cancer. They came back positive on the right side so sounds like we've caught it in the early stages. They go in Monday afternoon to find out what treatment options are available or what needs to be done. To back up a little I had a very bad wipe out water skiing in the course two weeks ago and tweaked my back pretty bad. It was still bothering me pretty bad this morning so I decided to go to the doctor to have it looked at and he gave me a muscle relaxer shot and 3 meds to cope with the pain. Needless to say after the shot my back is killing me no matter how I lay or sit today. Around 5pm tonight, we got a call from my wife's brother saying that her dad had passed away a few minutes ago. He passed away from lung cancer and a long hard fight of over 2 years. Now we are packing and getting ready to leave for Michigan on a 14 hour drive. All of this over the last two days along with our A/C unit going out on us, the back injury from skiing, the cap on the roof blowing off due to a wind storm, and water damage from the A/C unit leaking.

Can someone have a talk with the Big Guy and ask him to give us a break for a while......

Aric'sX15
08-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Man im so so sorry. my Grandfather passed away feom lung cancer about a year and 4 months ago. im very sorry for your loss and everything else thats going bad. Ill keep you in my prayers man.

costal190
08-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the tough time you are going through. My Father passed back in March and it's been tough. I will keep you & your family in my prayers. Just gotta remember the good times.

JPenland
08-03-2008, 01:13 AM
We will keep you & your family in our prayers. When things look dark this prayer helps me.
“Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
hope it helps you

TMCNo1
08-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Our prayers go out to you and your family.

wakolman
08-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad news.

trickskier
08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Keep the faith.................It will turn around.................It did for me.

T Scott
08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Things will be ok in the end......if things aren't ok......it is not the end. Keep your chin up!

JohnnyB
08-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow, hang in there man....you've had a bad run....will be thinking of you and your family.

SkiDog
08-03-2008, 10:45 AM
The big Guy is testing you! keep your head up and remember the good things that happen and all will be fine!

Monte
08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Hope things get better for you Michael. We'll be thinking of you and your family.

andyhoyt
08-03-2008, 10:52 AM
My father passed about 9 months ago and although it has been very tough, he IS in a better place. We are all missing him much more than he is missing us. Jesus is THE way and He will pull you through this, I'll be praying for you and your family.

JohnE
08-03-2008, 11:17 AM
That's sure a lot of misfortune in a short period. We'll be pulling for ya.

D3skier
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
thank you all for your prayers and thoughts we've made it to MI safely after a 13 hour drive straight through the night. It was pretty rough especially since I couldn't take my pain medication due to it making me drowsy.

east tx skier
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
D3, sorry to hear all of that. We'll be thinking about you here in TX.

Dbuck
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

dapicatti
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear of all the bad coming your way lately. Stay strong, and know that you have many friends out here praying for you.