PDA

View Full Version : Office pranks

Monte
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Our local prank guru is on vacation. I am looking for ideas. Of course it can't be vulgar or mean. Give me some ideas. He has done some pretty funny stuff to some folks like putting an extra desk, chair, and phone in someones office with a random nameplate added at the door. He put every bit of one guys office furniture outside.. Of course set up like an office. Changed the first 20 sheets of a new guys introductory to the client letters to say we would like to welcome fresh to us from levonworth a recreational crack head etc..(that really didn't go out to the client)

I thought about putting a locking knob and a janitor sign on his office door.:confused:

Ideas?:rolleyes:

kawagaskier
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Someone where I work switched all the name plaques around last week. subtle, but funny.

Tap
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Wrap the office equipment with wrapping paper

Vaseline to underside of phone earpiece

Remove the wheels from chair and readjust seat to appropriate height.

kawagaskier
08-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Interoffice mailing random objects without a sender name is always good.

RexDog1
08-01-2008, 11:39 AM
If he has a drop ceiling go get a Chit load of packing peanuts :D and fill up his office with packing peanuts from the drop ceiling;) fill it up about 5’ high should do it………………………:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Our local prank guru is on vacation. I am looking for ideas. Of course it can't be vulgar or mean. Give me some ideas. He has done some pretty funny stuff to some folks like putting an extra desk, chair, and phone in someones office with a random nameplate added at the door. He put every bit of one guys office furniture outside.. Of course set up like an office. Changed the first 20 sheets of a new guys introductory to the client letters to say we would like to welcome fresh to us from levonworth a recreational crack head etc..(that really didn't go out to the client)

I thought about putting a locking knob and a janitor sign on his office door.:confused:

Ideas?:rolleyes:

Invite Skidog, Trickskier and Chief to come visit the office for the day, that would be a prank nobody would forget!

Put a rubber realistic snake in his desk drawer!

Remove all the inks cartridges in his ball point pens on/in his desk.

Remove the rollers on his office chair.

Monte
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
If he has a drop ceiling go get a Chit load of packing peanuts :D and fill up his office with packing peanuts from the drop ceiling fill it up about 5’ high should do it………………………:rolleyes:

Tha't be a frickkin mess:D.. No drop ceilings:(

coz
08-01-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.businessol.com/seo-blog/uploaded_images/Foil-Office-715113.jpg

RexDog1
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
If he has a center drawer in his desk, get some fishing line tie the string to the back of the drawer then run the string to the front of the desk and to the top of the desk tie the end of the fishing string to something like?? His Swingline stapler, when he opens his drawer it will pull the stapler off the front of his desk the big fun is you run a string to everything on his desk …………… :rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
One thing I like to do on April Fools day, but it might only work for women, is to stretch a piece of saran wrap over the ladies toliet and put the lid back down. Believe me, you cannot even see the wrap and the end result is hilarious

jkski
08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Saw one on an episode of The Office: Take his stapler and anything else small and put it into a Jello mix, then let it setup with the object suspended inside the Jello!
It sure looked funny!

RexDog1
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
this would take some time to clean up

sham'sbabymama
08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Saw one on an episode of The Office: Take his stapler and anything else small and put it into a Jello mix, then let it setup with the object suspended inside the Jello!
It sure looked funny!

i saw that episode...it was really funny!!!!

Monte
08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Invite Skidog, Trickskier and Chief to come visit the office for the day, that would be a prank nobody would forget!

I said nothing mean or vulgar:mad::D

Lennyp04
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
One thing I like to do on April Fools day, but it might only work for women, is to stretch a piece of saran wrap over the ladies toliet and put the lid back down. Believe me, you cannot even see the wrap and the end result is hilarious

Thats a lil nasty haha...

But funny, and thats what counts8p:D

SkiDog
08-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I said nothing mean or vulgar:mad::D

Now, that ain't nice! I was gonna help you, but now i dunno.

Monte
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Now, that ain't nice! I was gonna help you, but now i dunno.

I said that with all the LOVE in the world skidog:rolleyes: I am just afraid ya'lld make the poor man have a heartattack:noface:

mrprostar
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Someone mentioned vaseline on the phone but those little butter packets with the hard flower shaped butter in them work very well to stick on the phone and fit nicely in someone's ear.

JimN
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine did the Saran Wrap deal at the bank he worked for, during an office party. Next in line was his boss. She was not amused.

ProTour X9
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Probably not the best thing to do 'at the office', but my dad hooked a snapping turtle to a crane and lowered it down into a pit where some of his guys were working:D

Sodar
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Re-arrange his desk drawers.... simple, but confusing as hell!

ski_king
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Things I have done (or have had done to me):
If he has any loose change in his desk drawer for vending machine etc., super glue it to the drawer.

Plug a cordless mouse reciever into the back of his computer. Then from time to time take over control of his mouse and see how long it takes to figure it out.

On old style phones, unscrew the mouth peice and put a small chunck of limberger cheese in there.

Take off on chair roller and grind a flat spot on it.

For a tall person: Lower desk as far as possible and raise desk as much as possible

Change home page of computer to (use imagation)

SkiDog
08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Things I have done (or have had done to me):
If he has any loose change in his desk drawer for vending machine etc., super glue it to the drawer.

Plug a cordless mouse reciever into the back of his computer. Then from time to time take over control of his mouse and see how long it takes to figure it out.

On old style phones, unscrew the mouth peice and put a small chunck of limberger cheese in there.

Take off on chair roller and grind a flat spot on it.

For a tall person: Lower desk as far as possible and raise desk as much as possible

Change his desktop pic to something really nasty! I'm sure you got some bad pics in YOUR archives!

ProTour X9
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM

And wallpaper, screensaver, (and if you're really computer savvy) sounds!

Edit, darn skidog beat me to it....

2RLAKE
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
here's what my "friends" did to my office a couple of years ago ... silly string and packing peanuts ... they even went after my deer head

M-Funf
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Tha't be a frickkin mess:D.. No drop ceilings:(

You can do the same thing by taping plastic across most of the door but leave a gap at the top and fill it that way...:rolleyes:

D3skier
08-01-2008, 01:57 PM
fill his office full of newspaper or packing peanuts

wakeX2wake
08-01-2008, 02:04 PM
take a screen shot of his desktop... then hide all of his icons on his desktop... then crop the screen shot so when you set the screen shot as his wall paper there's only one tool bar... did this to a guy i used to work with (computer illiterate) and just banged on his keyboard and like quintuple clicked everything... hilarious... you can take it a step farther and hide his tool bar and he'll just have a computer sitting there

Monte
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
take a screen shot of his desktop... then hide all of his icons on his desktop... then crop the screen shot so when you set the screen shot as his wall paper there's only one tool bar... did this to a guy i used to work with (computer illiterate) and just banged on his keyboard and like quintuple clicked everything... hilarious... you can take it a step farther and hide his tool bar and he'll just have a computer sitting there

That is pure evil:D

cbryan70
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I did that to my roommate in college set the screenshot has hit background and remove everything off the desktop......he ended up rebooting his entire computer that night. that one is a good one. No one can ever figure out why

ski_king
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
add an extra twist and rotate the desktop 180 degrees.
the add the following warning message.

CRAIGTHEMAN
08-01-2008, 03:09 PM
this u cant do in the office but is still funny as hell to do at home...get those chicken or beef bulyen cubes and than go into your shower and unscrew the shower head and put the cubes inside of the shower head...but this only works if you live with someone

Monte
08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
add an extra twist and rotate the desktop 180 degrees.
the add the following warning message.

How do you do the warning message?:confused:

RexDog1
08-01-2008, 03:50 PM

ahhhhhhhh copy ....... paste.....................:rolleyes:

ski_king
08-01-2008, 03:51 PM

http://faded.havocaos.com/error/default.aspx

Kevin&Annie
08-01-2008, 04:01 PM
One of the owners here has tons of framed pictures of his family all over his office. While he was on vacation, we brought in a camera and took pictures of everyone and put them in all of the frames. We also hid Easter eggs in his office a couple of years ago. I think he found another one the other day.

stuartmcnair
08-01-2008, 04:05 PM
my boss went out of town for two weeks...we completely removed his cube and turned it into a lounge with chairs, sofas and a tv...we told him after a week we just assumed he quit...

Willski
08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
this u cant do in the office but is still funny as hell to do at home...get those chicken or beef bulyen cubes and than go into your shower and unscrew the shower head and put the cubes inside of the shower head...but this only works if you live with someone

That one is funny. I know just the person I can do that to.

bcampbe7
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Rearrange the keys on his keyboard.
Switch his mouse so the left and right clicks are backwards (Go to control panel and them Mouse. Should be an option to switch them).

Here ya go... Have fun!
http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/

http://www.soft4fun.com/index.html <-- Click on ScreenSmelter (set it to run as a scheduled task a few days after he is scheduled to return to work)

astepka
08-01-2008, 04:49 PM
2 classics:
1. Bubble wrap, use the larger bubble kind, about the size of a silver dollar. Cut a couple of strips the width of a car tire and 12-20 inches long. Put it under the guys tires "that he will not see when he walks up to get in his car" obviously, you need to plan for a forward or reverse departure. This is BEST in a parking garage or carport or your garage at home, the echo is great. It Sounds like your are being shot at. Even if you know its coming, it will still scare the hell out of you. Kids love to do it to Mom, as well.
2. Plastic wrap the car, boat shrink wrap would be great but $$$. Go get a roll of that plastic that they wrap Pallets with. then just pick your target and start wrapping. I did my office mgr and top sale reps' cars "together" back at christmas. Very funny!http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2723415996_0ed22227e0.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2722591109_946c6ef8c8_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2722594437_9e43d33650_m.jpg

Rockman
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM

I have a perfect time and place for that one! :D

Rockman
08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Glue everything that is on his desk to the desk (i.e.-coffee cup, paper clip container, phone, etc.)

tex
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
I have a friend who was a District Attorney here in Tarrant County. He removed one of his partner's office piece by piece and set it up in the public rest room in the court house. He arranged the bathroom to look just like the dude's office.

learjet2230
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.businessol.com/seo-blog/uploaded_images/Foil-Office-715113.jpg

Now that is funnyashell!!!!!

TCrate
08-01-2008, 08:22 PM
How about this. One guy leaves for two weeks, they pull all his files out of one drawer and lines it with plastic, adds rocks, a filter, plant and a gold fish. When he comes back he has a fish in his drawer.

As a payback the day before he moved to another location he snuck in on a Friday night with a bail of hay and a rooster. Put both in his office and shut the door for the weekend. Office was a mess.

Willski
08-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Change his spell check options in word so that commonly used words, and some uncommon ones are auto corrected. Make sure his name is one of the words, auto correct to whatever you want. It's great!!

astepka
07-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Summer is almost over, time to prank is just around the corner...

lets get this thread started again.

dummy
07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
My buddy and I were always early arrivers to the office: 'bout 7:00am or so. We took a couple of those really, really pungent gross-cherry-scented truckstop air fresheners and shoved them up into the HVAC vent in the ceiling of our Editor's office. Then shut the door. By the time he strolled in at 9:00am it was enough to make your eyes water. Hundred times worse than any New York taxi you've ever ridden in.

Best part was it stunk up the rest of the floor so much the office ladies started complaining so he had to keep his door shut the rest of the day 'till the stink subsided. He worked out of an empty cubicle. I got some crappy story assignments for a while after that one, but it was worth it.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Years ago I worked in an office with 12 cubes. The managers office faced us and had the standard window facing us. While he was out of the building, we swapped his a/c inlet hose with the restroom exhaust hose. His face was priceless when he returned and someone went in for their daily constitutional.

Dylan
07-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Pranks are no stranger to my office. A few years ago I used to leave my keys in my desk drawer at work, until I learned my lesson. I had just bought a new car with a black interior, and was showing it off to a few people at work the morning after I picked it up. After that was all said and done, I locked it up and went back to work, placing the keys in its usual location. A few coworkers came over and asked me more questions at lunch about the car, and general BS. Didn't really think much of it at the time, and continued working through the day.

Fast forward to 5 o'clock, I came out and discovered the crime that had been committed. My car was absolutely FULL of paper shreds. Literally, you could not see any of the interior, just a white backdrop through the windows. I ended up scooping the shreds out for an hour in the parking garage, then dropped it off at a local car wash for the final vacuuming. The look on his face was priceless! Best $10 I've ever spent. Throughout the two years I owned that car, we were never got rid of all of it. Up until the day I traded that car in, we were never able to have the windows down without being hit with a paper shred.

atlfootr
07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Whatever it is that you do decide to do, we want to hear the results!
And while your at it, don't forget .....

Maristar210
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Rob,

You posting that should be deemed illegal by now. You psycho. Go bye bye....

JimN
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
A friend was a VP at a large bank and back in the early '80s, they had an office party, with drinks and food. He Saran Wrapped the toilet in his boss' office. She was really PO'd.

D3skier
07-26-2010, 12:29 AM
at my last job I pulled a few good ones during the time I was there.. I think the best one I pulled was on one of the directors that was out for a few weeks. The day before he came back I switched his computer and put one there that wasn't imaged for the network so when it booted up it blue screened. We use safeguard to encrypt the drives and they won't give us the admin password to it so any data that is on the machines is lost if the OS goes bad. needless to say he had a very important document on there he was working on for meetings later that week and had no backup of it. Moral to the story after all the laughing on our part is we taught him to do regular backups on his machine