PDA

View Full Version : 1976 18 ft stars and stripes

grmn
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
hi guys new kid on the block looking for info on 1976 stars and stripes,would like to restore to original if possible,looking for pictures of interior not sure if it has a full back seat,engine color right now is orange not sure if this is correct.gel coat on top of the boat is a rough finish can it be sanded smooth and repainted and clear coated.any info would be great

thanks grmn

TMCNo1
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't know about seat or engine color, but deck is suppose to be a embossed leather like texture and to restore it would mean leaving it rough.

Cloaked
07-30-2008, 09:40 PM
hi guys new kid on the block looking for info on 1976 stars and stripes,would like to restore to original if possible,looking for pictures of interior not sure if it has a full back seat,engine color right now is orange not sure if this is correct.gel coat on top of the boat is a rough finish can it be sanded smooth and repainted and clear coated.any info would be great

thanks grmnA clear coat is an automobile finish.

Your reference to the rough finish is not clear as to what you mean. Is it rough as in not in good shape or rough as in the same interior skins were lined in the mold to give it the identical finish texture as the skin itself. I had a 79 model like that and to compare the skin with the finish on the deck, it was identical. Who woulda' thUnk?

Anything on the boat can be sanded and painted to some degree or another.

M-Funf
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Textured deck is correct. Here's my '76 interior (yup, I only have two fingers on my left hand...). I don't have a back seat. There are more pictures in my gallery, care to share some pictures of your boat???

http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost/data/500/medium/129_2918.JPG