PDA

View Full Version : Surfing

ShamrockIV
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
hey admin or whoever does such things. Can we get a section on here for surfing. sice skiing and boarding have theirs can we surfers get one? thanks!! you guys are doing a awsome job!!

jixxxer
07-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Good suggestion, as we will be getting into surfing as soon as I get a board.

TMCNo1
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
hey admin or whoever does such things. Can we get a section on here for surfing. sice skiing and boarding have theirs can we surfers get one? thanks!! you guys are doing a awsome job!!

It might be a good idea to post it under "Suggestions" here too, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18 and edit the spelling so someone can understand what your saying. If your using Firefox, it has spell check too.

ShamrockIV
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM
It might be a good idea to post it under "Suggestions" here too, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18 and edit the spelling so someone can understand what your saying. If your using Firefox, it has spell check too.

thanks for your help #1. i forgot that you were the typing police. thanks again we all strive to meet your standard.

endl
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes on surfing section.

ShamrockIV
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
seems i may have had one good idea in my time!!!!

i think the masses are speaking.

justinglow
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Sham I need some advice on surfing from you. How long is your rope or home many feet are you from behind the back of the boat? I am having a hard time finding the "sweet spot." Can you go without the rope for a decent amount of time?

Roonie's
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
yes on surfing as well as this is what I primarily do with some wakeboarding mixed in every now and then.

norris laker
07-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Having a surf section would be a great idea. Justinglow, for beginners the sweet is usually small and close to the boat. As a surfer improves the sweet spot greatly increases. I make my own surf ropes. I make around six different loops spaced around a foot apart on the rope. This allows me to easily adjust the length of the rope while the surfer is surfing.

ShamrockIV
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
hey justin u really just have to adjust it till u find where u need to be. i have a handle with the extensions off of my wakeboard rop that i do not use that made a perfect surf rope. here is pic of both of my ropes in use. my second one is a knotted one it is ok if u just want to ride in the sweet spot. drylandfish and i like to do 360's and stuff so we use the reg handle!

KNOXX2 DRYLANDFISH

ShamrockIV
07-31-2008, 08:23 AM
also that is my wake evened out. if i move weight around it will get really good it even had a curl last week!!

ProTour X9
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
wht evur hapned 2 mc beng a towbote??8p

Sorry, but I commend Harold; its much easier to understand when you use near perfect grammar.

Even if #1 may look like this:38450

ShamrockIV
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
wht evur hapned 2 mc beng a towbote??8p

Sorry, but I commend Harold; its much easier to understand when you use near perfect grammar.

Even if #1 may look like this:38450

dang protour u the spelling and grammar police or just harold's deputy???

ProTour X9
07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
whts wrng w/ typng nglsh?

thn agn we culd b tlkng lk yoopers...........:D

Sham, I'm not against you at all, just try to soak in some constructive criticism.:)

ProTour X9
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
or just harold's deputy???

Wheres my bullet?:D

ShamrockIV
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
seems like some people should take their time and read a little closer. it sure seems that both of those posts on here this morning were great in a gramatical sense.

sorry if the "greatest generation" has to have everything spelled out r-e-a-l s-l-o-w. should i have used a bigger font too??

man talk about a thread jack we were talking about surfing and you go all high school english on me!! lol

MMCCAR12
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Will I Be Able To Use A 6'10" Short Board ? Just Want To Try It Before I Buy A Board Made For Wake Surfing.

Whats Best Heel Or Toe To The Wake ? How Often Does The Boat Get Hit By The Board ?

Thank You

ShamrockIV
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
i am not sure all i have ever surfed are wakesurf boards, but i wouls assume a 6'10" would work.
as for hitting the boat not much unless u ease up to the boat and want to tap the platform. maybe if u took a bad fall it might but usually when u fall the nose will dip and the board never gets close to boat! i hope that helps!!

justinglow
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks Sham. I think I might not have the best board either. I bough the alias and it's not the best board. it's 5ft long. Do you think that's long enough? What model CWB do you have?

norris laker
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Surfing behind a long board is a blast. You need a long wake. The board in the picture is 8 ft long. You can lock the back of the board into the wake and do a hang ten off the front.

justinglow
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Stupid question, how do I make a long wake? Or does it depend on the boat?

ProTour X9
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
The wake gets longer the farther you drive 8p

norris laker
07-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Justinglow,

You can make the wake longer by adding weight to the front of the boat and going faster. It also helps to have a bigger boat. The picture is from a 23 ft Enzo. I wouldn't ride the 8 ft board behind my 2005 X2 because you would have to ride to close to the boat and I wouldn't want to take the chance of hitting the back of the boat.

X2M
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Whats Best Heel Or Toe To The Wake ? How Often Does The Boat Get Hit By The Board ?

Thank You

Toes into the wake. We have been surfing for a couple of years and have only had the board hit the boat one time...and that driver error.:o

Good luck with it! :)

GOTENAC
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Some suggestions for a sweet surf wake behind the X35.
I have recently discovered how to distribute the weight for a really nice surf wake. I place an 1100lb sac in the large rear space beside the engine compartment and stretch it out over the batteries. Then I place ~500lb sac in the observer seat. The port side internal ballast is filled. The middle ballast is empty. I found that moving the 500lb sac up in the boat makes for a longer sweet spot. I surf at 11.2MPH.
Another suggestion. Make sure you are in 15-20 feet of water. The size of your wake is dependent on the amount of water displaced. You can't displace as much water in shallow areas.

Hope this helps.

ShamrockIV
08-04-2008, 09:15 PM
we surf toes to the wakr. so much better to see the wake!!

turbosdad
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Let's have a surfing section....as the wounded Wakeboard generation ages it will probably gain in popularity!!

good information here. i bought a 5'6" due to fear of anything else being too small. Once I got up a couple of times, I went and bought a broadcast 4'6' and it is great fun. If you have surfed or wakeboarded, you should be able to surf 5'6" or below.