PDA

View Full Version : strangest tow vehicle have been behind?

Gonzo
07-29-2008, 10:33 PM
So the barefootin behind a snowmobile got me thinking, what is the strangest tow vehicle you have been behind?

Mine was an 18 passenger state owned van, the van was going straight up hill, we had 3 ropes tied together and skiied from one side of picture lake in Va. to the other. When the van came to the road at the top of the hill (dinwittie drag strip parking lot) it would slow down and go over, so you dropped down in and then got yanked back out. It was October, northern Va. and about 11pm no drysuits.:rolleyes:

I have pulled trickskiers across pools, but anyone that skied for a college team has done that at least once.

loeweb
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
we tried footing across a gravel road when we were kids behind a four wheeler. Other than that, just the usual pickup truck in a drainage ditch outside of town on a ski.

FHMan1905
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
fourwheeler, mom's pool..haha....

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Behind a 1966 Buick Riveria on water skis (no fins) and tubes in a 10" snowstorm at midnight, on 60 acres of freshly paved parking lot of a new automobile train unloading, parking and distribution center.

hester
07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
On the street, behind a VW bug (running as hard as it could) in 6" of snow riding a 4x4 piece of sheet metal taken off the roof of a build-it-yourself shed. It was a ton of fun and yes I am very thankful to be alive today!!

Monte
07-29-2008, 11:24 PM
we used to hook skis on and ride behind an old snapper lawn "tractor" 5th gear throttled out (bunny to the bottom).. Does that count?

Hammer
07-29-2008, 11:46 PM
So the barefootin behind a snowmobile got me thinking, what is the strangest tow vehicle you have been behind?

Mine was an 18 passenger state owned van, the van was going straight up hill, we had 3 ropes tied together and skiied from one side of picture lake in Va. to the other. When the van came to the road at the top of the hill (dinwittie drag strip parking lot) it would slow down and go over, so you dropped down in and then got yanked back out. It was October, northern Va. and about 11pm no drysuits.:rolleyes:

I have pulled trickskiers across pools, but anyone that skied for a college team has done that at least once.

Yea, and ,y girlfriend at the time yelling at me at the top of her lungs and me ignorring it!:D MMMM those were the days!:rolleyes:

Monte
07-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Yea, and ,y girlfriend at the time yelling at me at the top of her lungs and me ignorring it!:D MMMM those were the days!:rolleyes:

OK cough em up.. Who has pics..

I just want to know where the beavis and butthead avatars are...:rolleyes:

ski ski a huh huh ski ski :D

Gonzo
07-30-2008, 12:03 AM

JASON, DONT YOU DARE GO OUT THERE WITH THOSE CRAZY BLLLEEEEPSSS.

alletric
07-30-2008, 12:09 AM
VW Bug hood turned upside down with foot straps behind a Checkmate with a Blackmax 150 in a 4 acre pond. Deepest part of the pond is 6 ft but average a good 3. Trailer was being refurbed at high school shop class so what the hell.

c_pohja
07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
When the reservoir got two low in August we would hook a rope behind a 90’s Jeep Cherokee and ski the irrigation ditches.

ProTour X9
07-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Moomba................

My dads been behind a truck and my friends, behind a quad, we wanted to pull behind our quad but somehow that never happened....

03 35th Anniversary
07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
When we were younger and it would ice over, we used a 89 Chevrolet S-10 to pull that orange zip sled that I sent to UMP last year....