PDA

View Full Version : Note pads or keychains

Monte
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
I am looking to order some promo items for my insurance business. I have done the pens, business card holders, magnetic business cards, beach bags, etc in the past. Now I am stuck between two that for some reason I cannot decide between.

1) Scratch note pads with my info on all 50 sheets per pad (must order 500 pads @ .85)

2) Keychain with a light and whistle (must order 250 @ 1.79)

I promised this girl I would buy something from her @ a month ago so I feel obligated.. Don't want both, but both have pro's.

M-Funf
07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Notepads.

Not only will that customer see it when the jot down notes, but every time they write something down and give it to somebody, that new person will have your name and number as well.

:twocents:

Muttley
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I think personally you would get more advertising out of the notepads. I have tons of keychains I never use that just sit in a drawer.

...just my opinion.

tr6coug
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
I always throw note pads away. Get some floating boat key chains.

Monte
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Good info thanks folks

ShamrockIV
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
note pads monte!!!

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
I am always in need of note pads here at the computer, especially Post-It-Notes. They work better than marking stuff and making corrections on the monitor with White-Out!

bobbyB
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
City of Seattle just passed a law that stores are supposed to start charging .25cents for every plastic bag they take home from the store.....yes, like the ones you put your groceries in. Wanna advertise in the Seattle area? Put your business name all over the side of a re-usable canvas tote bag.

D3skier
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking note pads...

Monte
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
I am always in need of note pads here at the computer, especially Post-It-Notes. They work better than marking stuff and making corrections on the monitor with White-Out!

Harold If I get the note pads, You'll be the first to get one;) Please keep the white out away from the computer screen:rolleyes:

flipper
07-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Note pads, they will get looked at more by more people for sure.

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Have you considered free passes with your ads on them to the new Massage Parlor with the Drive-Thru Window next to the Waffle House. I heard they have "Happy Ending Happy Hour" daily from 4 to 5 pm! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Beach Towels

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Prop Pullers

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:14 PM
floatie keychains

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Monte T-shirts

Monte
Beach Towels

Too expensive

Monte
Prop Pullers

Can count on one hand the number of inboards I insure

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
City of Seattle just passed a law that stores are supposed to start charging .25cents for every plastic bag they take home from the store.....yes, like the ones you put your groceries in. Wanna advertise in the Seattle area? Put your business name all over the side of a re-usable canvas tote bag.
Good LORD :noface: !

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
floatie keychains

Can count on two hands and two feet the number of boats I insure

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Monte T-shirts

Un original, guy I compete with just did see Ed T-shirts

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I dont care about the practicality monte. nobody uses that crabp anyways. Get something cool.

Ric
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Un original, guy I compete with just did see Ed T-shirts
I had no idea .

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I dont care about the practicality monte. nobody uses that crabp anyways. Get something cool.

That is why I looked at the light up whistle keychain. Gadgets;) Of course half of those would wind up in the trashcan if peoples kids get ahold of them:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Bert sells chili at Waffle House,

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I had no idea .

Good try though..:rolleyes:

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Bert sells chili at Waffle House,

THAT does it! I am going to the Waffle house for dinner:cool:

JohnE
07-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Ump option. People will probably not use either of the others anyway.

Monte
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Ump option. People will probably not use either of the others anyway.

Thanks for the vote of confidence John:D

JohnE
07-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence John:D

My pleasure. I just noticed I forgot to add a :D at the end of that post.;)

ttu
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Can count on one hand the number of inboards I insure

true that. i only have one inboard insured in my agency and it's mine.

how about calendar's?

Monte
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
true that. i only have one inboard insured in my agency and it's mine.

how about calendar's?

Ah yes the good ole calendar.. I Do those once a year in December/ January. Do you have much luck with those? I wind up giving a lot of those out to their brother's, uncle's, cousin's, half sister twice removed. Yet that person never calls.. Alas I give them out anyway..

atlfootr
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Notepads.

Not only will that customer see it when the jot down notes, but every time they write something down and give it to somebody, that new person will have your name and number as well.

Good point

ttu
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Ah yes the good ole calendar.. I Do those once a year in December/ January. Do you have much luck with those? I wind up giving a lot of those out to their brother's, uncle's, cousin's, half sister twice removed. Yet that person never calls.. Alas I give them out anyway..

not really. i have ordered them with my home office advertising account $$$ to just use some up. i use them more for costers at the office.

now golf balls, my clients love.:D

Monte
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Notepads.

That gives me an idea. I believe I am going to distribute a bunch to the local realtors and banks.. Good thinking:cool:

ttu
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
That gives me an idea. I believe I am going to distribute a bunch to the local realtors and banks.. Good thinking:cool:

know that is a good idea.

let me look into this one.

Hammer
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
I say note pads for sure.

Monte
07-29-2008, 05:26 PM
now golf balls, my clients love.:D

I've done those too. Very popular. You have to watch out who you pull those out in front of though. I wound up having to give new insured a box of them once b/c he was on his way to the course to meet some buddies and swore he'd give his buddies a sleeve each along with my business card. seemed like a great plan. Never heard from any of them AND his AP lapsed after 2 mos..:( :mad: lesson learned:rolleyes:

ttu
07-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I've done those too. Very popular. You have to watch out who you pull those out in front of though. I wound up having to give new insured a box of them once b/c he was on his way to the course to meet some buddies and swore he'd give his buddies a sleeve each along with my business card. seemed like a great plan. Never heard from any of them AND his AP lapsed after 2 mos..:( :mad: lesson learned:rolleyes:

that is funny. yeah very popular but very expensive.

76S&S
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Another for the note pads, stickies.........I use them every day.

Although, I'd do more than 50 pages per pad, I could go through that in a week.

TMCNo1
07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Another idea, Condoms, custom printed with your info for their viewing pleasure!
It might remind them to pay their overdue premiums while out messing around!

Monte
07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Another idea, Condoms, custom printed with your info for their viewing pleasure!

yep, but those go in the trash too quickly:o:D:rolleyes:

JohnE
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Bert,

What's the last promo item you received that you used? I honestly can't remember mine. Might be that Junior prom coffee mug .............:rolleyes: Because it wasn't PC to give out beer mugs.:confused: And that was over 20 years ago. I'd resign to the fact that whatever you send out as a promo won't get you much recognition.

Maybe think practical. Bottle opener. Martini shaker. Flask. Koozie. You might see a theme here.;)

Monte
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Bert,

What's the last promo item you received that you used? I honestly can't remember mine. Might be that Junior prom coffee mug ........ Because it wasn't PC to give out beer mugs.:confused: And that was over 20 years ago. I'd resign to the fact that whatever you send out as a promo won't get you much recognition.

Maybe think practical. Bottle opener. Martini shaker. Flask. Koozie. You might see a theme here..

Ah but John. You see trinkets and or freebies are the insurance mans' friend. They show your customer you appreciate them and get you referrals. Hopefully they put your phone number a place where its within arms reach at most any given time. They don't have to take the time to look it up if you give the right item that stays in the right place;)

See I thought about the Koozies and I said to myself
a) do i want them calling when they use this
and
b) do i really want them calling when they use this:noface::D

Ric
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Bert,

What's the last promo item you received that you used? I honestly can't remember mine. Might be that Junior prom coffee mug .............:rolleyes: Because it wasn't PC to give out beer mugs.:confused: And that was over 20 years ago. I'd resign to the fact that whatever you send out as a promo won't get you much recognition.

Maybe think practical. Bottle opener. Martini shaker. Flask. Koozie. You might see a theme here.;)
KOOZIES .

Monte
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
I ordered the note pads. Maybe next time I will look into the koozies. I may do water bottles too. hmmmm

wakeX2wake
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
KOOZIES .

dude koozies are the way to go... a good friend of mine is in real-estate and he handed all of us with boats about 10-15 a piece and granted they disappeared but we saw those koozies everywhere... he didn't care that we "lost" 'em it was getting his name out to everyone who ended up w/ them... he even got some business from 'well i saw your name on a koozie"... also koozies don't get thrown away they get jacked and someone in some far away land who needs insurance might get yours

BrianM
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM

I actually kind of did this in college. I ran the Safe Ride program which provided rides between campus and close to campus locations at night. I paired up with the campus health organization and handed out free condoms to those that used the service. We put printed stickers on the condoms that said, "ASUA wants you to have a "Safe Ride" with the phone number. I thought it was clever and everyone got a good laugh out of it.