PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X-45 Mcx

MorganMac
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
How would i find out if my 2007 X-45 has the special CO2 reduction I have seen mentioned in the Fresh Air Exhaust threads on this site?

Does anyone know if it would be overkill to add FAE to a 2007 X-45 MCX?

1boarder
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
07 and above mcx engines have a catalitic converter (I think all 07s). I don't think this eliminates CO2, but it does reduce CO. CO attatches to you blood quicker than O2 and is more dangerous than CO2 (although both are bad). Look at the exhaust and see if you have an O2 sensor on the top of the exhaust manifolds. If you do, you have the catalitic converter.

Are you hanging out at the back of the boat a lot while it is running? Are you wakesurfing? If no to these, I would say no need and if you said yes, I would say maybe.

MorganMac
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks 1boarder. We will start wake surfing soon. I've read the FAE threads and folks seem very happy/satisfied with them. Just didn't want to add something to my boat it may already of had an equivalent to.

1boarder
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I can tell you that the fumes don't bother me as much on my new boat with the catalitic converter as my old boat without (06 RTP vs 08 MCX).

I would give it a try before buying a FAE.

vision
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I have an 08 MCX but still bought a FAE. As mentioned, the catalytic converter greatly decreases your CO exposure while surfing. But, the FAE further reduces that exposure to almost nothing.

For me however, the selling point of the FAE is noise reduction. Huge difference, especially if you do not have the Silent Master mufflers on your boat. I can surf behind our X-star and carrying on a conversation with the folks in the boat and hear the music clearly.