PDA

View Full Version : Lake Roosevelt, WA - anybody been recently?

brucemac
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
i think if i remember right bobbyb went last week, guess i'll pm him.

anybody been to Lake Roosevelt lately? how's the water level, water temp, any debris?

tia

-b

bobbyB
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry Mac

Forgot about giving a lake report....thanks for the reminder.

Air temps- low to mid 90's, cooled down in the eves fairly well. Was actually a little chilly in the bag by the AM.

H2O temps- 69-71. We spent all our time from Keller Landing east 5-6 miles just past Jones Bay.

Water conditions- Afternoon wind blew up the lake a couple of days and one night. Other than that could almost always find good water.

Debris- Yes there is some. Not like I've seen in the past, but annoying non the less. We would usually be able to find a clear stretch along one side or the other, and would just hook an 180 when we started seeing some. For the most part we did ok. my son did hit a stick and it broke off the plastic arm of the depth gauge transducer....there goes $70:(

Lake level was the highest I've seen in 11 yrs of going there, but it did drop about a foot during the 6 days that we were there. Hopefully it will have continued to drop and some more of the debris will beach itself.

Hope you have killer time...enjoy.
B

brucemac
07-28-2008, 05:05 PM
thanks bobbyb, much appreciated. looking forward to it. :)