PDA

View Full Version : 2002 X10 wont start

McG
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
My 2002 X-10 wont fire or crank over. I have made the mistake of letting the boat sit for a couple of months. I took it out the other day and it started fine and ran great for about an hour. I shut the boat off and then it would not start. The gauges work and the battery sounds strong, it just wont crank over. I also cannot hear any noise from the fuel pump engaging, so I am figuring this must be the problem. My question is should I just pay to have the fuel pump replaced or is their something easier to check or do myself.
The engine is an Indmar 310 HP, 85 hours.

T Scott
07-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I assume you have checked and re-checked that your safety lanyard is in place...correct?

JimN
07-25-2008, 05:00 PM
By "I have made the mistake of letting the boat sit for a couple of months", do you mean it sat and was covered or not? (it happens)

Your fuel pump relay contacts may be corroded from moisture, but they're usually pretty durable. Open the motor box, turn the key ON anad listen for a click. No click means no voltage, usually.

Ditto on the safety switch.

McG
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I mean it sat in my garage for most of the winter. I just went out and adjusted the lanyard again and the boat started. I hope that was the problem.

JimN
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
If you leave the lanyard on teh switch, the plastic clip will usually relax a bit and not press the center pin as far as it needs to, in order to start. Remove the clip and hang the lanyard from your steering wheel. If it becomes a recurring problem, replace it and remove it when you don't use the boat. If you have had extremely hot weather, that will compound the problem.