PDA

View Full Version : end caps for guide post...

jixxxer
07-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone know where I can get the top end caps that go on the guide post. IM fixin to order the mastercraft pads that go over the post and one of the caps is missing.

Willski
07-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I think it was TMC01 that told me that trailer hitch ball covers work. I'll try to find the post.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20254&highlight=guide+post

Sodar
07-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone know where I can get the top end caps that go on the guide post. IM fixin to order the mastercraft pads that go over the post and one of the caps is missing.

I just ordered a batch of 25 end caps, as I lost mine two weekends ago. If you give me your address, I will send you a few as I will never need 25 of them! PM me if interested and that goes for anyone else, also. The caps are scheduled to be delivered next week, so I will ship them as soon as I get them.

east tx skier
07-24-2008, 10:12 AM
A couple of suggestions here. First, consider getting some blank trailer guide pads. The white lettering will come off any screened pad and make a mess of your rubrail, requiring regular cleaning with acetone. Second, depending on your setup, some pads will float up when the trailer hits a certain depth. The result, often, is that they pop the post cover off. If this becomes a persistent problem, Get some PVC pipe with just a slightly larger ID than the OD of your guide posts. Put a pvc cap on it and the pad over that. Slide that over your post. The result is great if you have to go deep to launch. The pad, presumably more snug now, will float the pvc cover and provide a constant height for the guides regardless of depth. Plus, no more lost caps. My current trailer came setup this way and it has been really great.

Now, I just need to take my own advice and get some blank guide pads.

Sodar
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Or a stainless rubrail! :D

east tx skier
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

One great thing about having gone the 10 year old route on my boat versus one of their newer ones is that I didn't have to have that terrible, stock, SS rubrail.

TMCNo1
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I just ordered a batch of 25 end caps, as I lost mine two weekends ago. If you give me your address, I will send you a few as I will never need 25 of them! PM me if interested and that goes for anyone else, also. The caps are scheduled to be delivered next week, so I will ship them as soon as I get them.

Who did you order yours from, I need a few and let me know how they fit before I order some.

Any of those sites for plugs/caps, etc. that has a sample box, enter your info to get the free samples and you'll be surprised what you can use those on. I've got a stockpile of caps over the years that I have in 2 quart jars and a compartmental box, but just don't have any extra guidebar end caps.

TMCNo1
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Or get chrome or Stainless 2" guidebar tubing with the vinyl rubrail and the marring will end,

SkiDog
07-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Who woulda ever thunk a man would park his boat on a parquet floor?!:D8p

O2BESOHUGE
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I Used 10 Cent Pvc Caps..they Work Great

Sodar
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Harold. I ordered them here (http://www.stockcap.com/). They are 2" diameter by 1.5" long... they look just like these (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=482847&postcount=24). They were $12 for 25. Let me know if you want a set.

TMCNo1
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks young man, but I need red ones!

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-24-2008, 01:22 PM
A couple of suggestions here. First, consider getting some blank trailer guide pads. The white lettering will come off any screened pad and make a mess of your rubrail, requiring regular cleaning with acetone. Second, depending on your setup, some pads will float up when the trailer hits a certain depth. The result, often, is that they pop the post cover off. If this becomes a persistent problem, Get some PVC pipe with just a slightly larger ID than the OD of your guide posts. Put a pvc cap on it and the pad over that. Slide that over your post. The result is great if you have to go deep to launch. The pad, presumably more snug now, will float the pvc cover and provide a constant height for the guides regardless of depth. Plus, no more lost caps. My current trailer came setup this way and it has been really great.

I did almost exactly as you stated a few weeks ago. I got tired of the white on my rubrail. I also 'built-up' my guideposts with PVC pipe and fittings to accept the new (thicker) guidepads. The only difference is that I locked them down so they won't float up.

I should have taken some pictures, but can detail it out if anyone needs the info.

Here's the guidepad I ordered. A little pricey, but they seem like decent stuff so far.

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/SC_Sgd9g

Willski
07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I think the 2" is big for my posts. Mine measure 1 7/8".

WickedWakeDude
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
MadDogProducts.com, he does capped ends guide pads for Mastercraft dealers...

I checked and he can't do them with MAstercraft for you because he does them for MAstercraft already without the capped ends but his HEavy-Duty pads are the whip...call and ask for Chris

TMCNo1
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
MadDogProducts.com, he does capped ends guide pads for Mastercraft dealers...

I checked and he can't do them with MAstercraft for you because he does them for MAstercraft already without the capped ends but his HEavy-Duty pads are the whip...call and ask for Chris

In this case, I think everyone is referring to the vinyl caps that cover the ends of the PVC sleeves like the bigger black one, next to the big black one in this picture,