PDA

View Full Version : No power to gauges

scottyb
07-24-2008, 12:08 AM
I replaced the mmdc ( dash computor) in my 04 x-star and still have no gauges. I took apart and cleaned just about every wire conection and terminal I could find. I'm guessing its a power issue to the mmdc box.
Does anyone know were I can find a service manual or some wiring diagrams to help me figure this thing out?

bturner2
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Gauge problems seem to be common with all boats using the digital gauges by Keyser Medallion. I have a recent post about my volt and temp gauges and have been searching for answers also. Appearently this system is a bit twitchy (to say the least). From what I've been able to gather they use a shared bus to pass data. Any noise or a mal functioning gauge can cause all the gauges to go dead or stop working for no appearent reason. I've been doing searches for a couple days and have found numerous posts from all manufactures sites that use this gauge set. Fixes range from running seperate hot and ground wires directly from/to the MDC to replacing the entire gauge set and MDC. Mike at MC of Charlotte recommended taking my problem to the dealer as they now (or at least should if they are a good dealer) have a gauge test system that is supposed to pin point the problem without guessing. All this being said here is the link to the Keyser Web Site and one from Epic (Toyota Boat Owners Site) that has the wiring diagram. I also have the trouble shooting guide but it's a PDF and couldn't figure out how to paste into this reply. If you want it I can Email it to you. You may also want to search themalibucrew.com site for more information. It seems to be loaded with gauge problems.

http://www.medallionis.com/products/products.cfm?catID=3&theType=landing&subnav=military&type=modules
http://www.epicmarine.com/docs/Digital_Instrument_Guide.pdf

btriantos
08-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Have you reset your breaker? Did it trip?

Chief
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I replaced the mmdc ( dash computor) in my 04 x-star and still have no gauges. I took apart and cleaned just about every wire conection and terminal I could find. I'm guessing its a power issue to the mmdc box.
Does anyone know were I can find a service manual or some wiring diagrams to help me figure this thing out?

Check your power wires at the battery. I was losing power to my gauges intermittent and found that one of the power wires on the battery post were loose.